The Official CAG April 2011 Pick-Ups Thread "Aprils a foolin' you" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
A70-11220

Don't be a fool in April, and have nothing to show for it.

Post your pickups!

---------------------------

Past threads, thanks to ZerotypeX and ZxT Vendetta for the list of previous months/years threads.

January 2011
February 2011
March 2011

Alright, I haven't done one of these in a while.. but here's from the last week (Since I won't post in March =P)

Cosmo Black 3DS-
IMG_20110327_122206.jpg

Super Street Fighter IV 3D-
IMG_20110401_120914.jpg

Couple things from Amazon (Dragon Quest IX was Warehouse Deals, Family Guy was Gold Box yesterday, Haunt.. Well, that was for me)
IMG_20110401_115848.jpg

These are also from Amazon, I was pondering them forever, finally bit the bullet-
IMG_20110401_115822.jpg

So that's all for now!

To above poster: Please remove that pic of the 3DS for your own safety. That Bank of America paper behind the box probably has some info on it that you don't want the internet to see.

EDIT: Just noticed that it's just a NCAA bracket lol. Still, better safe than sorry.

Today at lunch I went to a couple of pawn shops and found...

:ps3:Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II= $14.99
:ps3:Ghostbusters: The Video Game= $10.00(no tax)
:ps3:Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction= $10.00(no tax)

D:
You lucky bastard. Mine never has any CEs left over. We have one Bioshock 2 at 29.99, but I kind of question if that one is even worth it :/

New Vegas and FO3 I would totally jump on, though.

IMG_0419.jpg

Amazon, Amazon, Amazon! Weird right? ;) I bought the XBL Sub card off a friend for $25 :)

IMG_0418.jpg

Snagged the Helghast for $65 (after $15 in PUR Coupons), DJ Heros from GS sale

IMG_0417.jpg

Won Aerosmith for free, Borderlands from GS, MoH from Gamefly, DW7 from GS, 3rd Birthday from Amazon, Mindjack from Amazon Warehouse Deals

IMG_0416.jpg

WoTS 2 from Amazon, Dual Hearts & Space Channel from GS, RE from K-Mart for $3 (I had $12 of pts), and the only GH in my whole PS2 collection (due to extras) from Ebay.

IMG_0415.jpg

Got Tron, Narnia, Fockers early :D
The rest were $5 each :D

So here is my story:

I was looking around Amazon the other night and stumbled upon this ---->

9sryn4.jpg

So I didn't hesitate and bought it. It came via UPS today, after only two days (which was a pleasant surprised since the expected delivery date was 4/5-4/8).

I open it up, and boy oh boy was I shocked. The console itself looked pristine. The cables and controller were still sealed. It seemed like the console was only tested to see if it worked (which after an hour of testing, I have concluded that, yes indeed it does).

The best part of this "buy" was that even though the product description mentions what is included in the box, is that they also threw in a sealed copy of Uncharted 1 and a brand new PS3 Blu-Ray remote. The biggest kicker of all is that I could tell they tested the system before selling it because, when I turned on the system, out of the PS3 popped a copy of Modern Warfare 2.

Is there a wall of fame around here? I think this deserves to be on it!!!

Everything that was in the box (the smudge on the PS3 is from my crappy cellphone camera) ---->

2ezqknk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='da big p']So here is my story:

I was looking around Amazon the other night and stumbled upon this ---->

9sryn4.jpg

So I didn't hesitate and bought it. It came via UPS today, after only two days (which was a pleasant surprised since the expected delivery date was 4/5-4/8).

I open it up, and boy oh boy was I shocked. The console itself looked pristine. The cables and controller were still sealed. It seemed like the console was only tested to see if it worked (which after an hour of testing, I have concluded that, yes indeed it does).

The best part of this "buy" was that even though the product description mentions what is included in the box, is that they also threw in a sealed copy of Uncharted 1 and a brand new PS3 Blu-Ray remote. The biggest kicker of all is that I could tell they tested the system before selling it because, when I turned on the system, out of the PS3 popped a copy of Modern Warfare 2.

Is there a wall of fame around here? I think this deserves to be on it!!!

Everything that was in the box (the smudge on the PS3 is from my crappy cellphone camera) ---->

2ezqknk.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I present to you, the golf clap. Now I'm going to go put on my cleats of jealousy.

Took a 3-day vacation to go game hunting with my friend & fellow CAG, Bezerker. Found all this.

earthbound.jpg

Secret of Evermore x2 -$2 (gave one to him)
Punisher-$2
Final Fight-$2
Earthbound-$2
Illusion of Gaia-$2
Final Fight-$2
Kid Icarus w/ manual-$2 (gave him the game)

Yakuza4ce.jpg

Atelier Iris 2-$9
Ninja Gaiden Sigma CE-$12
Soul Nomad-$15
Dark Cloud 2-$6
Yakuza 4 Kuro Edition-$60
Mortal Kombat Armageddon PE-$9

Raidenproject.jpg

Raiden Project-$15
Stretch Panic-$1.40
Monster Rancher Hop-A-Bout-$2
Growl-$2
Beautiful Katamari (sealed)-$20
Ace Combat 6 (sealed)-$15

PvZCE.jpg

Guile Xbox controller-$10
Duke Nukem 64 (no manual)-$4
PvZ LE-$13
DBZ DVD-$4
Jewel Summoner (umd only)-$5

MW2prestige.jpg

Tales of Symphonia guide-$5
Sonic shirt/hat combo-$7
STP CD-$2
MW2 Prestige (sealed)-$27

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']To above poster: Please remove that pic of the 3DS for your own safety. That Bank of America paper behind the box probably has some info on it that you don't want the internet to see.

EDIT: Just noticed that it's just a NCAA bracket lol. Still, better safe than sorry.[/QUOTE]

Go ahead and try to figure out my bracket of complete fail. It's bad.

Noting major, as I'm holding most stuff back for a post in a week or so that will include DOZENS of games.

104_0006.png

[quote name='adriley313']^how much was the pokemon[/QUOTE]

If you liked that, you'll love this:

104_0002.png

[quote name='Segasonic01']Guile Xbox controller-$10[/QUOTE]

Do you have the others?

I could never find boxed versions cheap enough, so all mine are just the controller:

sfcontrollers.jpg

I think the Akuma one is the coolest.

[quote name='fwbweux']Noting major, as I'm holding most stuff back for a post in a week or so that will include DOZENS of games.

104_0006.png

If you liked that, you'll love this:

104_0002.png
[/QUOTE]
Where did you get the pokemon games from? And with boxes you lucky bastard.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']Where did you get the pokemon games from? And with boxes you lucky bastard.[/QUOTE]

They came from my childhood :D Pretty much the only games 10+ years old that I kept the boxes to. I guess I should have specified that that image wasn't actually a pick-up but just stuff I had laying around, hah.

[quote name='fwbweux']They came from my childhood :D Pretty much the only games 10+ years old that I kept the boxes to. I guess I should have specified that that image wasn't actually a pick-up but just stuff I had laying around, hah.[/QUOTE]

im so jealous
i only have boxed for red and the trading card game.
one day

dpv3ht.jpg

One of my best eBay finds :)

:ps3: Bioshock 1/2, Eternal Sonata, Oblivion GOTY, Fallout 3 GOTY, Borderlands, DA:O Ultimate Edition, Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted 2, Star Ocean: TLH International, Mass Effect 2, Disgaea 3, 3D Dot Game Heroes, GTA IV Complete Edition, RDR, RDR: UN, NFS: HP, SoulCalibur IV, Batman AA GOTY, Dead Space, MGS4, Sims 3, Gran Turismo 5, Civilization: Revolution, Brutal Legend, Heavy Rain, The Sly Collection, Splatterhouse, Enslaved $153.99 - eBay

Mostly complete. All came with manuals, no slip-on cover for Fallout, both RDRs have no maps. Aside from that, I think they're all complete.

:360: NFS: HS $16 - eBay

:ps3: MLB: The Show 11 1000 pts - Goozex

:ps3: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $12.99 - GameFly

:ps3: Yakuza 4 Kuro Edition $60 ish - game.co.uk

[quote name='camelking6969']i feel like an idiot, can somebody remind me how to post a picture, i forgot[/QUOTE]
When you post, there is a picture icon that looks like a landscape with a sun. Click that and copy the link where you uploaded your image to. If you haven't done this use imgur to upload with.

Pick-ups from the end of last month and the beginning of this one :)

Let's start with the easy stuff:

After searching for quite a bit (and thanks to a good friend), I finally found this beauty:

DSC00162.jpg

I dont know what it is about white systems that just make them look so classy.

DSC00182.jpg

(Accidently took a picture of Tomb Raider Trilogy twice)

Wondercon 2011

DSC00183.jpg

One of the lead artist for the Street Fighter/Tatsunoko series was at the Capcom area drawing any character pictures for a fee. I had him draw me one of Amaterasu

^that firefly print is awesome
going to Phx Comic Con and hoping they have stuff like that.
Gonna save like 2 paychecks

picked up
bioshock 2 ce 29.99 at walmart
from gamestop
fall nv collectors
killzone 3 helghast edition
dj hero 2

my daughter got me the god of war 3 box from gs last month but i just picked it up today

will put pictures up when i figure out what the hell i am doing

[quote name='Cheska19']Pick-ups from the end of last month and the beginning of this one :)

Let's start with the easy stuff:

After searching for quite a bit (and thanks to a good friend), I finally found this beauty:

DSC00162.jpg

I dont know what it is about white systems that just make them look so classy.

DSC00182.jpg

(Accidently took a picture of Tomb Raider Trilogy twice)

Wondercon 2011

DSC00183.jpg

One of the lead artist for the Street Fighter/Tatsunoko series was at the Capcom area drawing any character pictures for a fee. I had him draw me one of Amaterasu

[quote name='Cheska19']Yes.[/QUOTE]

its weird the jean grey statue reminded me of the x men movie i saw today. I got to say you kinda look like rogue too me.So while i was watching the movie i kept thinking about the tester. and i happen to run into you kinda weird

[quote name='Cheska19']

And finally, my current obsession!

DSC00192.jpg

I finally jumped on the bandwagon, and at this rate, I don't see myself ever jumping off. This thing is a beast, and I literally carry it with me everywhere. The smartcover was a genius plan, and not only does it fold up and act as a mount if you want it to, it also cleans the screen everytime you cover the Ipad2. AND it automatically turns the system on and off :D

[/QUOTE]

I want to get the Ipad2 soon. I'm giving my current Ipad to my friend. I like the smart cover but i kind of want a case that will cover the back too.

[quote name='Fallen_Shadow94']its weird the jean grey statue reminded me of the x men movie i saw today. I got to say you kinda look like rogue too me.So while i was watching the movie i kept thinking about the tester. and i happen to run into you kinda weird[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about Anna Paquin? I hope that's a good thing lol.

Forgot to post a couple more items, so I'll take more pictures later tonight.

[quote name='Cheska19']Are you talking about Anna Paquin? I hope that's a good thing lol.

Forgot to post a couple more items, so I'll take more pictures later tonight.[/QUOTE]
Yea the actress. I bet you could pull off rogue if you were to cosplay as her.

[quote name='dan13l858']I want to get the Ipad2 soon. I'm giving my current Ipad to my friend. I like the smart cover but i kind of want a case that will cover the back too.[/QUOTE]

That was initially my biggest irk, but I actually have a neoprene case I put it in, and then that goes in my purse. So far I've had no scratches on the back, and the front is the part I really care about. Plus, they haven't made any decent dual-sided covers for the Ipad 2 yet :(

[quote name='Cheska19']Aww shucks, thanks! ^_^[/QUOTE]

What is "The Tester"

It's cool to see a chick that loves video games and anime.

[quote name='jaydepps']The Tester is a show on the PSN.[/QUOTE]
This. I was one season 2 of it.

[quote name='dan13l858']

I pick up a few things from WonderCon on Friday.[/QUOTE]

You went too!? :D I was debating picking the plushies up, but I ordered them off the SOTA store for half the price, so hopefully those go through.

[quote name='Cheska19']This. I was one season 2 of it.

You went too!? :D I was debating picking the plushies up, but I ordered them off the SOTA store for half the price, so hopefully those go through.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i saw it advertise a few days before the convention. I'm kind of shaky if SOTA actually has the actually Capcom versions of the plush. Capcom is notorious for not releasing their plushes or items to the mainstream. I assume that it's probably vinyl versions of the figures due to the different in prices. Anyways, if they're the same i will pick a couple more of the plushes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back