Yakuza 3 $19.99 NEW at Gamestop online (dead), but available in store for same price

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
109 (100%)
It looks like Gamestop has new copies of Yakuza 3 for $19.99 and the used price for $32.99. After taxes and shipping (cheapest shipping option is $2.99 that is 5-10 business days) the total was under $25.

Currently, I don't believe there are any universal codes that will help bring down the price unless you spend over $25 on the order and use the code "SAVER" to get free shipping on it.

--edit--
Forgot to post the link

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/yakuza-3/76648

--edit 2--
Possibly dead now since it is unavailable to purchase the new version.

There is also a DLC redemption code that expires today, so if you ordered today/last night. You most likely will not be able to to redeem the DLC.

Also, the code SAVER might be replaced by the code VSHIP. I am not sure of it, but if anyone can confirm, I will update

Pretty sure that this in online only, if anyone wants to go to their local gamestop to confirm, much thanks is appreciated
--edit 3--
Looks like it is also $19.99 in store also. Thanks to xlaxparkax and shurija for confirming.

--edit 4--
Even though the DLC that comes with the game says it expires 04-01-2011, it can still be redeemed. Confirmed by hbluft and scum1, thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZerotypeX']It looks like Gamestop has new copies of Yakuza 3 for $19.99 and the used price for $32.99. After taxes and shipping (cheapest shipping option is $2.99 that is 5-10 business days) the total was under $25.

Currently, I don't believe there are any universal codes that will help bring down the price unless you spend over $25 on the order and use the code "SAVER" to get free shipping on it.

--edit--
Forgot to post the link

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/yakuza-3/76648[/QUOTE]
Does SAVER still work? I thought we were supposed to use VSHIP from now on?

Already own it, but dang, if Yakuza 3 is going to drop this low, I think I'll hold off for Yakuza 4 to get to it at this price around the same time next year.

[quote name='brentaw']This game is $15 new at Kmart if you can still find it, I got it a week ago.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I made sure to redeem my DLC and it added a new option in the main menu

WARNING: The DLC code expires soon

[quote name='Kazaganthi']
WARNING: The DLC code expires soon[/QUOTE]
"Soon" meaning "today" - the voucher states that it expires on April 1st, 2011 (whether that means March 31st or April 1st is the last day to redeem it isn't really clear, so don't ask me). Just wanted to give anyone buying the game a heads up.

^Yup, used mine yesterday just in case. This is a great deal for those who missed out on Kmart's deal, especially if the local Gamestop's are honoring the online store's price.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']^Yup, used mine yesterday just in case. This is a great deal for those who missed out on Kmart's deal, especially if the local Gamestop's are honoring the online store's price.[/QUOTE]

Is instore pickup a good idea if they don't have anymore to ship?

I can also confirm Yakuza 3 is $19.99 new in store. Picked one up at the Arboretum store in Austin, TX. I just successfully redeemed the DLC code at 1:30 AM on 4/2, even though it expired on 4/1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found it at a local gamestop today, and luckily the code still worked. It might actually take me a year to finally get to this game so I suppose Yakuza 4 can wait or till it drops to around $30.

damn, I just opened the Y3 I got a TrU a while back to redeem the DLC and there's no DLC code in it!! I thought only Best Buy had issues with copies not having the DLC...

sigh.

[quote name='brentaw']This game is $15 new at Kmart if you can still find it, I got it a week ago.[/QUOTE]
This. I picked up a copy on Thursday.

Confirming that the DLC code still works as of now, cracked open my Kmart copy real quick when i heard about that April 1 Expiration.

I just got mine through Goozex the other day. I read this and went to try my code. It still worked and I downloaded "Yakuza 3 battle pack"

[quote name='Mikey777']"Soon" meaning "today" - the voucher states that it expires on April 1st, 2011 (whether that means March 31st or April 1st is the last day to redeem it isn't really clear, so don't ask me). Just wanted to give anyone buying the game a heads up.[/QUOTE]

I went to K-Mart and bought the game on Apr. 1st because of the DLC expiring. I'm not surprised that the dlc didn't expire though. There was another PS3 game that had expiring DLC but never did. I can't remember what the game was though.

[quote name='CaoPi']gamepodunk has this for $20 also[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, I hate dealing with Gamestop's idea of "new". Picked one up from them instead. :cool:

[quote name='Green Card200']I went to K-Mart and bought the game on Apr. 1st because of the DLC expiring. I'm not surprised that the dlc didn't expire though. There was another PS3 game that had expiring DLC but never did. I can't remember what the game was though.[/QUOTE]

Brutal Legend, maybe? It had a code to get some songs for Rock Band, but when it had hit the $20 price point and the codes expired, the codes still worked.

bread's done
Back