Xbox Live Rewards Gamer IQ Contest [MS Points Prizes]

bryan_0906

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Just got an email from Microsoft about a contest:
Here's what it said

"Think you know everything there is to know about your favorite Xbox LIVE games? It's time to find out. Click Here to play the Xbox LIVE Rewards Gamer IQ Trivia challenge and see how you stack up.

You could win the 10,000 Microsoft Points Grand Prize, weekly 4,000 Microsoft Points prizes, and instant prizes up to 1,000 Microsoft Points.

This is an exclusive Xbox LIVE Rewards opportunity, so don't miss out. Log in daily through May 15, 2011 for the best chance to win.

Good luck,

Xbox LIVE Rewards Squad
"

Here's where the link led me:
http://rewards.xbox.com/gamer-iq/

I'm not sure if it's open to all but it's worth a shot. :)

I got one too. Yet I answered all of them right but it still said I only had 38/40... not that it matters since I wont win anything from this

I know it has to do with time, because I got a 35/40 because I received a phone call while I was going through it that I needed to take. Is this a sweepstakes thing or does it really matter if you get the highest amount of points possible? I mean I noticed that for each right answer it gives you 1 entry, but is there something for having the highest score? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, good luck to all those who play.

[quote name='LegendaryMarvel']I know it has to do with time, because I got a 35/40 because I received a phone call while I was going through it that I needed to take. Is this a sweepstakes thing or does it really matter if you get the highest amount of points possible? I mean I noticed that for each right answer it gives you 1 entry, but is there something for having the highest score? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, good luck to all those who play.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it seems to be based on time to reward people who know the trivia without googling. I responded to someone on twitter and got 36/40 even though I knew all of the answers.

Thanks OP, I didn't win, but I'll keep trying. BTW I think high score of the week wins a prize, if I read that correctly.

not going to lie, i had to google 2 of the halo questions and i took my sweet ass time doing it.
still got 40/40 and i didnt win anything.

[quote name='100xp']meh...if I wanted to buy the map pack I'd get 400 pts back? garbage.[/QUOTE]

wait so if i buy the map pack for 800 pts Microsoft will give me 400 pts back?

[quote name='ElementBreaker']yep[/QUOTE]

does it matter that i just clicked the link the OP gave b/c i never got the e-mail. btw I am a XBL reward member...

basically 50% halo reach defiant map pack, weird that nobody seems to care..... i want to make sure it'll work for me:lol:

[quote name='nnthomas']I got one too. Yet I answered all of them right but it still said I only had 38/40... not that it matters since I wont win anything from this[/QUOTE]

same with me, 38/40 though I answered them all correctly

[quote name='aznhero913']Should we start a thread and start posting daily answers?[/QUOTE]

Only if you'd like people to mindlessly click answers they wouldn't normally know and get a higher score than you. I only had 32/40 despite answering them all right because I googled the last two questions.

A few things from the Terms Of Use:

- It seems the score doesn't matter. Weekly/Final prizes are based on sweepstakes entries only.
- You can get one entry per day + bonus entries for answering questions correctly.
- Either there will be only 33 different questions to answer, or you can only gain up to 33 bonus entries from answering correctly, that part wasn't clear. Either way, that means there's probably no point answering more than 33 questions correctly.
- There are a total of 203 instant win prizes, set to specific times throughout the promotion (be the first to enter after the set time, and you win. Think Subway promo).

[quote name='Blade']Only if you'd like people to mindlessly click answers they wouldn't normally know and get a higher score than you. I only had 32/40 despite answering them all right because I googled the last two questions.[/QUOTE]
Sure, I'd like that.

UNSC = United Nations Space Command
ODST = Orbital Drop Shock Troopers
Call of Duty MW2 co-op mode = Special Ops

I read one of the questions twice and got 39/40, but each one was correct. I guess that made the difference in time. No win here.

Are they still giving points back for points spent in march?

Q: Which is not something players use to progress through game levels in Halo 2?
A: All of the above are used

Q: What does UNSC stand for in Halo?
A: United Nations Space Command

Q: What does ODST stand for in Halo 3: ODST
A: Orbital Drop Shock Troopers

Q: What is the name of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 cooperative mode which consists of independent missions similar to the "Mile High Club" epilogue mission from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare?
A: Special Ops

The questions are timed. You get 40/40 if you answer them all correctly and quickly. If you take too long (i.e. you have to Google a question or two) then they start to deduct points.

[quote name='bryan_0906']

I'm not sure if it's open to all but it's worth a shot. :)[/QUOTE]

With my .de account I wasn't able 2 participate ... with my .us account i was!
(.. but didn't win anything)

all answers correct but only 39/40 .. not fast enough lol

anyways, ThX a lot for sharing! :cool:

[quote name='A Gamer']The questions are timed. You get 40/40 if you answer them all correctly and quickly. If you take too long (i.e. you have to Google a question or two) then they start to deduct points.[/QUOTE]
What kind of garbage is that? Nice of them to not say right up front that the questions are timed... no wonder I got 35/40.

It's worth the try, hahaha. It'd be great to win 10,000 msp!
Someone post here if they win something so we know there are actually daily prizes. :)

Guys... Like I said, there's a total of 203 daily prizes. That gives you about... 4-5 winners per day?

Also, the score means nothing, so there's no point fussing about it being timed, or being surprised about not winning even though you got a perfect score.

Your chances are extremely slim to begin with... Keep that in mind if you're gonna keep trying this, otherwise you'll just get upset for nothing :)

[quote name='LegendaryMarvel']did anyone else try today yet? I just did and it gave me the same 4 questions as yesterday.[/QUOTE]
I think they haven't changed it yet. I got a better score and my total didn't change.

My score didn't change either, but yesterday when I tried to do it again it just said that I had already completed it for the day. That's why I was wondering. I also saw other people whose scores were 72/80 and such.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']No win after 2 days. Doesn't take too long to do so I'll be doing it until it ends for better or for worse.[/QUOTE]

^^ dito ;)

but damnit, new questions - I wasn't prepared for this and failed terrible lol

lol they try to trick you. "Which marine LED forces against the flood and covenant forces in Halo?" And they put down Johnson, Keyes, and Master Chief. They're technically all correct XD

[quote name='mokmoof']Wow. I got ALL of those wrong, haha.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I completely messed it up too. Meh, the scoreboard points don't matter much to me since I'm just in it for the daily drawings.

New Answers
1. CoD Black Ops
2. General RAAM
3. Normal
4. Avery

(I don't think those are in the right order, but those ARE the answers, cheers CAG's)

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back