Amazon - Homefront (PC download) $38.93 + $15 video game credit

If only that $15 was instant. :p
Still, for a new game, that's not bad at all.

If only Dragon Age 2 PC had some kind of deal like this or cheaper or something... :p

Am I reading this right?

I clicked on the PS3 version and it says you get a $20 and a $50 PSN card...so they're giving $70 bucks in psn credit on the ps3 version?

N/m I need to read clearer, they're trying to sell them to me, it's not a bonus offer

[quote name='Strigol']Am I reading this right?

I clicked on the PS3 version and it says you get a $20 and a $50 PSN card...so they're giving $70 bucks in psn credit on the ps3 version?

N/m I need to read clearer, they're trying to sell them to me, it's not a bonus offer[/QUOTE]

Nope, that's an amazon ad for psn cards they are selling digitally, so you can buy a $20 or $50 code directly from amazon. You don't get those for buying the PS3 version of Homefront.

It's tempting since it works on Steam, but I heard by soooo many that the single player is really shitty and like 4 hours long. Since I don't care for multi that's a really tough sell.

Homefront's SP is definitely not shitty, but it is short. I really enjoyed it though, personally. The multiplayer of this game I think is pretty awesome, but if you dislike FPS MP and only want to play the campaign, rental on a console (if you have one) is really the way to go. As a comparison, I liked this game better than Crysis 2, which I also got day 1.

A word of caution to those thinking of buying Homefront on PC for the multiplayer. The player numbers for Homefront PC is in quick decline. 2,603 was the peak number of players for today. This is compared to the peak 7,000+ at release and 5,000+ a week ago. If you're buying for the multiplayer, Homefront might reach ghost town status.

And you know the best way to reach ghost town status? Recommending people who are interested in buying the game to not buy it for fear that the game might reach ghost town status.

[quote name='jsvalmont']Homefront's SP is definitely not shitty, but it is short. I really enjoyed it though, personally.[/QUOTE]

This

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']It's tempting since it works on Steam, but I heard by soooo many that the single player is really shitty and like 4 hours long. Since I don't care for multi that's a really tough sell.[/QUOTE]

Ah so the amazon key will work on steam like a CD key? Hrm I'm a little tempted. Opinion on this title though seems to vary widely from I hated it to its flawed but I loved it.

[quote name='powersurge']Ah so the amazon key will work on steam like a CD key? Hrm I'm a little tempted. Opinion on this title though seems to vary widely from I hated it to its flawed but I loved it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's steamworks so it'll work, just did this with shogun 2 on amazon's downloads and I can confirm the key they give you works (though to find the key you have to go to your download page on Amazon)

For future reference, use this linked page to find out what retail games will work. Steam updates the page pretty quickly as games come out that can do it.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

bread's done
Back