Yoshi Touch & Go -- Bootleg?

Can't tell from your photo if it has the TM after Nintendo. If it does, then it looks pretty legit. You can also see if the serial numbers match if you have the case.

Source - search for article on Nintendo World Report titled Quick and Easy Ways to Spot a Bootleg Nintendo DS GameDS

[quote name='etcrane']Can't tell from your photo if it has the TM after Nintendo. If it does, then it looks pretty legit. You can also see if the serial numbers match if you have the case.

Source - search for article on Nintendo World Report titled Quick and Easy Ways to Spot a Bootleg Nintendo DS GameDS[/QUOTE]

The googled the article, thanks, and the serial numbers don't match from the label to the back stamp.

back stamp is CP3E which googled viva pinata... not yoshi.

It's damn close but the cart is pretty snug, and the label is off.

It does have the R but the font is off.

It does have nintendo stamped on the circuit board too.

Does anyone have the game confirm the serial number for me?

Label says AYIE which I think is correct, but the cart says CP3E.

Here is an image I think of a none bootleg...
yoshi.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's a bootleg. I just bought a bunch of games from someone on eBay, but most of them turned out to be bootleg. The labels' quality seemed poor in comparison to games I KNOW are legit, and the plastic felt and looked slightly different. The other clue is the positioning of the Nintendo logo. Compare it to your other DS games that you KNOW are legit. I bet that the writing on those is a little smaller and in a slightly different position.

[quote name='xycury']
Label says AYIE which I think is correct, but the cart says CP3E.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that the back stamp should read AYIE. You might also consider checking the unit in a DSi/DSiXL or the new 3DS and see if it gives you an error message.

Also, look between the "PAT." and "PEND." There's a space on official carts - there doesn't appear to be a space on the one in your photo. I'd place a bet on bootleg.

[quote name='UncleBob']I can confirm that the back stamp should read AYIE. You might also consider checking the unit in a DSi/DSiXL or the new 3DS and see if it gives you an error message.

Also, look between the "PAT." and "PEND." There's a space on official carts - there doesn't appear to be a space on the one in your photo. I'd place a bet on bootleg.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the serial number.

And about the PAT. PEND, you're right, the space should be there, but on this cart there isn't.

Well I'm returning it, unfortunately the ebay user says he has more, but I don't know if I should take a gamble. I'll ask him about the serial number if any match, if they don't then I don't want any.

As for bootlegs, I'll give it 3/5 stars. Close, probably would easily fool Gamestop if I wanted to be that evil.

[quote name='xycury']Well I'm returning it, unfortunately the ebay user says he has more, but I don't know if I should take a gamble. I'll ask him about the serial number if any match, if they don't then I don't want any.[/QUOTE]

Don't just return it.

First, file a complaint with the USPS of mail fraud.

Next, contact the seller and demand your money back. If he wants you to ship the item back, do it only under the following conditions:

1.) He must refund the full amount to you first.
2.) He must also refund the cost for you to ship the item to him.
3.) The item will be shipped via method other than USPS.

If he complains, A.) He's already shown that he's an untrustworthy seller and B.) Sending bootleg merchandise through the USPS constitutes mail fraud and you don't want to do that.

If he refuses these terms, file a dispute with PayPal. Give them the same info (including any information from the Postal Service regarding the fraud complaint you filed).

If you get no where with PayPal (and you probably won't) call your credit card company and file a chargeback. Provide them with all the relevant information.

Seller wants to cancel the auction because I will be returning the item.

I'm betting if it is canceled there won't be any chance for feedback?

[quote name='xycury']Seller wants to cancel the auction because I will be returning the item.

I'm betting if it is canceled there won't be any chance for feedback?[/QUOTE]

Yup. Don't cancel - return. He pay for shipping both ways and don't ship via USPS as you don't want to be accused of mail fraud. And leave feedback to warn others.

bread's done
Back