Amazon DoTD PS3/360 Grand Theft Auto IV The Complete Collection $27.99

[quote name='broadbandit']is it 2 discs or dlc codes?[/QUOTE]

2 Discs for the xbox 360 version and one disc for PS3.

I really kind of want to get this for ps3 even though I bought the Special Edition for xbox 360 at launch and bought the other content for pc...

i recall reading once that gamers with the disc version can't play with gamers with the DLCs? or am i mistaken?

hmm i actually bought the ps3 version and didn't really like the controls for it. The graphics were kinda meh too. I actually just stoped playing a few hours in. I wonder if i should get it on the 360 and give it another shot. Anyone know if the 360 version looks better? Id imagine the triggers would work better for aiming

also wondering if anyone thinks this would hit closer to 20 bucks eventually? Im in no real rrush

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm i actually bought the ps3 version and didn't really like the controls for it. The graphics were kinda meh too. I actually just stoped playing a few hours in. I wonder if i should get it on the 360 and give it another shot. Anyone know if the 360 version looks better? Id imagine the triggers would work better for aiming

also wondering if anyone thinks this would hit closer to 20 bucks eventually? Im in no real rrush[/QUOTE]

360 version runs at slightly higher resolution and uses Antialiasing, whereas the PS3 version has more emphasized lighting. The majority of people would prefer the 360 version, but some people thought the PS3 version had a look that's more consistent and cohesive w/ the GTA style, whatever that is.

I'm tempted by this deal, but the sheer fun of Saints Row 2 has pretty much ruined the GTA series for me.

I finished the main game's story last night. I'm going to play something else and than play the dlc games. I was going to trade it in a few weeks ago, but the story finally picked up and realized I could use taxi's to get places much quicker. I played on PS3 and it looked fine to me and the GTA controls were fine when I got used to them.

I've been kicking myself for months for not buying this at K-mart when it was $19.99. I bought the Sly collection instead which is fine, but I should have bought both. So I'm just going to wait patiently until it gets to that price again :)

It'd end up in my backlog anyway so I guess there's no rush

[quote name='ssjmichael']I've been kicking myself for months for not buying this at K-mart when it was $19.99. I bought the Sly collection instead which is fine, but I should have bought both. So I'm just going to wait patiently until it gets to that price again :)[/QUOTE]

same here missed out on that kmart deal, they were all gone at my local store but I did get it on Steam during the holiday sale. I still want it on PS3 though, I'll wait until it hits $20 again

[quote name='ssjmichael']I've been kicking myself for months for not buying this at K-mart when it was $19.99. I bought the Sly collection instead which is fine, but I should have bought both. So I'm just going to wait patiently until it gets to that price again :)

It'd end up in my backlog anyway so I guess there's no rush[/QUOTE]

You aren't alone, Amazon's had this for the $29.99 range, so as someone else said, about a $2 drop. I'm waiting for the magical $19.99 price point as well since Kmart was out of stock last time and Amazon never matched.

Even for $27.99 though, it's alot of gaming, but it'd end up in the backlog.

I'm in. I got GTA 4 on release day for PS3 but never really got into it. Prefer Saints Row over GTA but I will give it another try with the DLC. Worse case can flip it on ebay.

[quote name='jsgebo']I'm in. I got GTA 4 on release day for PS3 but never really got into it. Prefer Saints Row over GTA but I will give it another try with the DLC. Worse case can flip it on ebay.[/QUOTE]

flipping is when you do it fast, like trading at gamestop the same day you bought it for a profit

I got my copy from Gamestop for 29.99 plus tax. If it wasn't for the fact, that it is in my hands now, I will refund it and order it. I will just keep my eyes out when LA Noire drops.

bread's done
Back