Any chance I could get a job as a Playstation Representative?

Just so you know, they don't give a damn what you know about the technical aspects of the Playstation. They don't care what you know about games. They just want to know if you can talk about Sony. They want someone with a marketing background.

God knows all of them that I've ever talked to didn't know anything about games or the business at all. They just update their binder that they have at all locations they service with the latest propaganda and give away freebies like tshirts pens and other trinkets that they've been given.

But good luck if that's what you really want.

Wow Ziv. Not to say it's bad to be able to hype something up but to want people who are likely going to flat out bullshit when asked either serious game or hardware questions isn't helping at all.
Why not get a marketing person as WELL as someone who knows about the games and hardware?

[quote name='Sarang01']Wow Ziv. Not to say it's bad to be able to hype something up but to want people who are likely going to flat out bullshit when asked either serious game or hardware questions isn't helping at all.
Why not get a marketing person as WELL as someone who knows about the games and hardware?[/QUOTE]

Because thinking is bad for sales, if sales people actually answer your questions you're more likely to realize their product is flawed and not the answer to all your hopes and dreams.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Because thinking is bad for sales, if sales people actually answer your questions you're more likely to realize their product is flawed and not the answer to all your hopes and dreams.[/QUOTE]

Really?! Because specifically, given the specs. of the PS3, I think it shouldn't be that hard to sell it. Overall, it's the best system this gen.

Sarang01 you are giving people too much credit. Anybody that wants to know the tech side of the PS3 - would already know that. It's to sell to moms and dads that want to make their kids happy. People are stupid. That's a market motto I've heard.

[quote name='Sarang01']Really?! Because specifically, given the specs. of the PS3, I think it shouldn't be that hard to sell it. Overall, it's the best system this gen.[/QUOTE]

So lets discuss failure rates, long install times to play anything, 400mb+ patches to download, firmware updates far too often and how much Sony loves the consumer, removing features such as Other OS and telling people to deal with it.

[quote name='Trek234']
I spent 4 years working at a major retail "big box" chain. Two of those years were as a department manager in electronics/entertainment. Also being in management I was directly responsible for talking to the Playstation representative when he came in. Always seemed like it would be an interesting job to have for a while.
[/QUOTE]
This is the main part they're going to care about, so play that up.

Good luck, i think you are pretty well qualified, although I am not sure about the turnover with that particular position, sounds like it would be pretty high.

PM me if you need a character/ professional reference.

You really want to go there Georox? How about Lossless audio, something that the 360 CAN'T do because of the lack of space and HDMI 1.3?
What about RRoD and what ensued there? The install really depends on the game, with certain companies being more guilty of it then others.
Also the games which require heavy amounts of physics Sony's hardware eats for breakfast with the CELL comparatively.
I'll admit the drop "Other OS" option was a load of crap. I'll even admit that if the playing field was level and needing extra storage truly didn't pose a problem and you didn't have to worry about heavy physics the 360 would come out on top. We've seen it in some games that have 720p plus AA going on on the 360 while the PS3 does not. Street Fighter 4 is a definite example.
Some others close by, though maybe not with AA, are VF4 and Tekken 6.
Do we really need to turn this into a Smackdown thread since it's not under the Sony, Microsoft, forums?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='georox']So lets discuss failure rates, long install times to play anything, 400mb+ patches to download, firmware updates far too often and how much Sony loves the consumer, removing features such as Other OS and telling people to deal with it.[/QUOTE]

Sony just assumes everybody's rich yuppies with expensive LED TVs and ludicrous speed Internet.

I can't figure out why updates for PS3 games are so huge ass and prevalent while 360s take seconds.

[quote name='seanr1221']I'd say you're under-qualified since you don't have a marketing background.

But it is still worth applying for.[/QUOTE]

Actually my minor in my bachelors program (business) is composed of 40% marketing classes.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']If TMK doesn't work for Sony, what chance do you have? :lol:

Seriously though, good luck if you go for it. :)[/QUOTE]I put in for a few jobs at SCEA before, but usually I don't bother applying since my degree doesn't suit what they are looking for (I'm Electrical Engineering).

bread's done
Back