The WWE Is Entertainment Not Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many main event faces are there that can be the next challenge for Miz? Now that Cena is tied up with The Rock, I really want to see it be someone other than Orton.

[quote name='Habbler']How many main event faces are there that can be the next challenge for Miz? Now that Cena is tied up with The Rock, I really want to see it be someone other than Orton.[/QUOTE]

Too bad John Morrison is already tied up in a storyline. I wouldn't mind seeing an match between them at the next PPV. Their match on RAW for the title was pretty good.

Sheamus is tied up with Sin Cara. Would they dare move Daniel Bryan into the main event? It feels to early for WWE to pull that trigger.

This is exactly why WWE needs to start building up new guys. Where does Miz go from Cena? There's not a single realistic opoonent right now since no one else has been built up properly.

[quote name='dkreegz515']wtf barrett is so screwed... he's never gonna be at the top of the show again.[/QUOTE]

He isn't that good.

Furthermore. The same could have been said about Punk and Miz years ago. Stop aiming for instant gratification. I think it's proof that the WWE has moved past that.

[quote name='Purple Flames']This is exactly why WWE needs to start building up new guys. Where does Miz go from Cena? There's not a single realistic opoonent right now since no one else has been built up properly.[/QUOTE]

Orton again. It's time for reruns.

Alternately, go back to the Cena feud, as this "one year build" means that Rock is done after tonight for awhile. See you at the Royal Rumble 2012.

They have been pretending for awhile that R-Truth is a main-eventer. Maybe its time to sacrifice him to Miz.

They're practically handing this to Miss USA.

What bullshit.

It's also amazing that they're hiding Matt Cross from everyone when he is practically the best athlete there.

Something tells me during the WWE Draft in two weeks Christian is going to get drafted to RAW then will get injected into a match against Miz at the next PPV. Just food for thought.

I like Miss USA. I'm not gonna fault her for trying to give herself an advantage. Really, she could have just used some shorts with padding built in and nobody would have been any the wiser. At the end of the day, she was able to run the ropes for 3 minutes without getting noticably tired, and like Booker said, if you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin.

I'm going to say that Alicia Fox/Melina match took place about 10 minutes before she left for the show taping.

[quote name='Chronis']I like Miss USA. I'm not gonna fault her for trying to give herself an advantage. Really, she could have just used some shorts with padding built in and nobody would have been any the wiser. At the end of the day, she was able to run the ropes for 3 minutes without getting noticably tired, and like Booker said, if you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin.[/QUOTE]

Is that you or your penis talking?

They already decided they wanted to center on her.

[quote name='Ansé Solis']They already decided they wanted to center on her.[/QUOTE]

Of course they are given who she is.

[quote name='diddy310']Well this is certainly more interesting than every season of NXT after the first.[/quote]

WWE seems to do well on the first season of a new show like this... then after that it falls flat. So we'll see how season 2 of this reboot does.

[quote name='Ansé Solis']It's also amazing that they're hiding Matt Cross from everyone when he is practically the best athlete there.[/QUOTE]

But... it's not about the athleticism! It's about the entertainment-ing!

[quote name='Ansé Solis']They're practically handing this to Miss USA.

What bullshit.

It's also amazing that they're hiding Matt Cross from everyone when he is practically the best athlete there.[/QUOTE]

You got so much indy cred.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Alicia Fox is currently trending on Twitter.[/QUOTE]
33e3dhg.jpg

Cena being locked in to something else makes me fear they want to do Taker/HHH again next year. I liked the match on Sunday but I don't want to see it again.

[quote name='Ansé Solis']Someone's bitter....[/QUOTE]

No, someone's right.

After 1 hour long episode, where they have well over a dozen people in the cast, you're already calling them out for "hiding" people. I'm shocked that someone on the internet is jumping to conclusions. By the way, this is a WWE reality show where they throw food at each other and get chased by attack dogs for "training," not WWE Flippy Indy Shit Parade.

[quote name='Demolition Man']
20692815735936432561412.jpg

:rofl:

Busted.[/QUOTE]

I saw that clip and had a good laugh that people actually thought he made that jump on his own. No surprise at all about the trampoline.

hahahah i think stone cold almost shit his pants when that chick said her favorite match was malina vs. alicia fox... ahhahahah

also i want to hear the story about austin shitting himself vs. yoko in south africa.

[quote name='Demolition Man']
20692815735936432561412.jpg

:rofl:

Busted.[/QUOTE]

This is like seeing Jim Henson's hand up Kermit the Frog's ass.

My childhood is ruined.

Like I said, I hope Matt wins but I'm realistic in thinking he doesn't fit the mold of what they look for. The fact that they didn't even touch on him this episode makes me think he might go far and that they're saving him for later - but I'm pretty sure this is probably Luke's competition to lose.

Plus side: when everyone is doing the MTV drunken roommate thing, Matt won't be. I suppose that probably works in his favor.

Also: the supposed 11-year pro? Former America's Next Top Model contestant and current wife of Johnny Fairplay. She's shown up at PWG shows with Johnny and has been heckled like crazy every time they're there.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Tough Enough. Stone Cold is the perfect host for it.

Also found it funny how the ending was almost a ripoff of Hell's Kitchen elimination. Was expecting that girl's portrait to catch on fire.

[quote name='mykevermin']What makes that match shitty compared to what we get on TNA?

Would you also say that Orton/Punk and Rhodes/Rey from last night were bad matches compared to TNA's quality? Based on what?[/QUOTE]

I think all WWE matches that I've seen as of late have been shitty matches. Nothing memorable. I never really see anyone in the thread comment about how awesome a match has been on Raw, or a PPV for that matter. (Unless it was strongpimphand or JaytheGameFan or something.) At least TNA actually has a Tag Team and Woman's division (that isn't a complete joke). At least the Tag Team/IC champs aren't jobbing to Cena and the Rock. I also don't have to worry about a match with Taz vs. Tenay being headlined at the biggest PPV, or Celebrity guest hosts, or laptop GMs.

Orton/Punk has been done before, Orton did like a total of 4 different moves, and his leg "gave out" for the second time which was stupid. It was a match where it looked like Punk was going to win and then Orton struck "out of nowhere" and won.

The only thing I remember about the Rhodes/Rey match was Rey being dressed up as an awful Captain America.

[quote name='Blackout']Look, I want TNA to succeed too, but you're really trying way too hard.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to do anything. All I'm doing is saying that people shouldn't give TNA shit for something while WWE does it the next week and it doesn't even get mentioned. If you want to say the current state of wrestling as a whole has so and so problems that's fine. To pretend like TNA is the only show to air 15-20 minutes of wrestling during the whole two hours is stupid. People need to stop being sheep and just accept whatever the fuck WWE hands you. It's bullshit compared to what it once was. myke said it perfectly when he said WWE tells you what to like. Most people here just guzzle it down.

Joey Styles took a shot at Kurt Angle’s tweets on his Twitter account last night, writing the following:
I’m watching Jack Swagger apply the Ankle Lock to The King and wondering if anyone’s twitter account will be hacked.

One more reason why Joey Styles is awesome.

[quote name='JJSP']

Plus side: when everyone is doing the MTV drunken roommate thing, Matt won't be. I suppose that probably works in his favor.
[/QUOTE]

A quick google search is telling me that he's straight edge, which I remembered hearing before, so that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
TE was pretty good, ready to see Demott work these kids though, enough running back and forth on the ropes.

Personally though, I thought they should have booted anyone that couldn't do a roll or take a bump in the first episode. Nice somersault!

Fell asleep yesteday through raw so I watched it this morning.

One year to wait for Rock vs Cena.. I dont really like that they announced it this early as something could go wrong from now till then (remember hogan vs austin teases)...

Atleast I know ill be attending as its in my own backyard!

So, it's 9:30 the following morning, and I still can't quite wrap my head around the end of Raw last night.

The way things go in WWE, events are forgotten within a week of happening, and we're supposed to expect the crowd to care about something that was announced a year ago? Especially when it involves a guy who, though they haven't outright said it, will likely be disappearing from TV for at least 8-9 months? I'd through out the phrase 'strike while the iron is hot', but WWE doesn't seem to know that particular cliche.

In theory, we should be excited about a 'year-long' build. Except we know better. It won't be a year of Rock/Cena, it'll be 6-7 months without the Rock, and Cena will just randomly do other things, giving the same damn promos he always does. Difference is, now it's in a godawful red t-shirt.

One of bigger issues is that it makes Cena irrelevant for a year. For a business that *should* be organic, this is a clear assertion that John Cena won't change anything about his persona in the next year. On top of it, nothing will matter. We know that no matter what happens, his run from the Rumble to Mania will be about this match. He'll literally just be jerking off until that point.

Let's also take a moment to realize what kind of risk they've taken. Cena, while generally okay, isn't injury-proof. What happens if he ends up on the shelf within the next year? Protecting someone one the run-up to Mania is one thing, but he has an entire year before this match. Again, what happens if Cena gets injured?

The flipside of this is... ok, well, we've announced the 'main event'. I assume they're penciling this in as the marquee match and putting it on last. We're looking at a finite shelf life for at least two high-profile members of the roster, HHH and Taker... what if one of them decides that next year is it? Even without it, should Taker's 20-0 match go on anywhere but last?

My biggest issue with this is that WWE has made it clear that they don't give a shit about 'the people'. For a feud that consistently name-checks them, they play no part in it. The crowd has never turned on Cena like this. Sure, there's been some boos throughout the years, but never so loud as to sound like the overwhelming majority. A guy that cost Cena his title match blatantly last night gets the biggest pop in the company. These are all warning signs, which WWE has chosen to blow past. I know, I know, we're all aware of this, but two points... first, Cena is simply ignoring the crowd and giving smile-time promos that are getting the complete opposite reaction then intended. The longer he keeps pretending it isn't happening, the more he looks like an idiot. Second, the ending with the Corre last night was a clear statement that WWE is building this as a 'mega-face/mega-face' match. The intended reaction there was that Rock and Cena would hit their moves, each get cheers, and do the little 'respect' handshake. Problem is, the crowd booed Cena, or at least most of them did.

I mean, WWE has never given a shit about what the fans think, but I'm hard pressed to come up with a time where it was quite as blatant as it is with this feud. I'm also going to make an assertion here that it's shaken Cena up a bit. Watching Mania, watching Raw, even watching the HoF ceremony... there's a 'spark' missing from Cena. He seems kind of depressed and listless, or at least like he stopped giving a shit. It was strange when he smiled at Rock last night, as it was the only genuine emotion in the entire segment from him. There's something off, and I have to wonder whether if it's a personal issue, or if the crowd turning on him is bothering him more than he'd like to let on.

Anyway, like I said, I don't understand this decision at all. On paper it probably seemed like a good idea, but I'm curious to see how it works out in real life.

I've never really written a short post about 'entertainments', have I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back