Rock Band 3 $20

I paid full price for this last year and it was worth every penny, so at $20 this should be a no brainer. This is hands down the greatest rhythm/musical game ever. With the pro modes it even goes beyond that and becomes a musical teacher.

I picked up Rock Band when it first came out. Loved it but haven't touch my stuff for years. It's collecting dust at my parent's place.

I might pick this for 20$ and dust of my instrument to play with my GF at our new place. Just hate that I have the old drums without the high-hats, I love the drums :cry:

Anyone know of any good deals on the Pro Cymbal kit? I've only been able to find it for sale on Amazon... they want $50 on Amazon.ca, and, like, $60 on Amazon.com once shipping and duty is thrown in (highway robbery!). Sorry Madcatz, but I'm not interested in paying 3x the price of the game itself for a plastic instrument expansion set... :p

[quote name='JetEngineJesus']Anyone know of any good deals on the Pro Cymbal kit? I've only been able to find it for sale on Amazon... they want $50 on Amazon.ca, and, like, $60 on Amazon.com once shipping and duty is thrown in (highway robbery!). Sorry Madcatz, but I'm not interested in paying 3x the price of the game itself for a plastic instrument expansion set... :p[/QUOTE]

I think there's still a few of these floating around:

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/prod...&category=XBOX360_Accessories&product=5818045

I'll probably pick this up today. Can't really complain when it's only $20. I just wish the import of RB2 songs didn't cost $10 as well... :S

*edit*
I managed to PM it at FS last night for $17, so I can't really complain. They had one copy left in Downtown Edmonton. Can't guarantee it's still there though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='the_void']Sweet there's one at my store! I will have to check this thanks :D[/QUOTE]

Hey, if you end up picking a set of cymbals up, can you let me know what the build quality is like?
thx

[quote name='JetEngineJesus']Hey, if you end up picking a set of cymbals up, can you let me know what the build quality is like?
thx[/QUOTE] Unfortunately it seems to drop notes fairly bad, making it near impossible to 100% a song. So I guess it depends how bad you want to get cymbals.

[quote name='JetEngineJesus']Hey, if you end up picking a set of cymbals up, can you let me know what the build quality is like?
thx[/QUOTE]

I also have a set of these; I haven't used them extensively, but when I set them up and tested them out they seemed to work well. The only potential problem I noticed was that the holding brackets could slip down during use; I've read about various fixes online using duct tape and such to secure them better.

[quote name='Derfel']I also have a set of these; I haven't used them extensively, but when I set them up and tested them out they seemed to work well. The only potential problem I noticed was that the holding brackets could slip down during use; I've read about various fixes online using duct tape and such to secure them better.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='the_void']Unfortunately it seems to drop notes fairly bad, making it near impossible to 100% a song. So I guess it depends how bad you want to get cymbals.[/QUOTE]

*sigh* Guess I'll be staying away from these, then
Oh well, I guess what did I expect for $20... :p

bread's done
Back