EA Store Downloads - April Weekend Sales Schedule

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
EA Store Weekend Sale - Downloads

THE BF3 LISTING WAS AN ERROR ON EA'S PART

Friday April 8 - Sunday April 10 - 40% OFF ALL SHOOTER GAMES (PCDD ONLY)
Titles Include: Mass Effect™, Dead Space™, Mercenaries 2: World in Flames™, Crysis Warhead®, The Saboteur™, Mass Effect™ 2, Mass Effect™ Pinnacle Station, Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2, Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 Digital Deluxe Edition, Mass Effect™ 2 Digital Deluxe Edition, Medal of Honor™, Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2: Vietnam, Medal of Honor™ Hot Zone Map Pack, Battlefield 3™ Limited Edition, Counter-Strike™: Source™, Counter-Strike™ 1: Anthology, Battlefield 2™, Crysis®, Medal of Honor Airborne™, Battlefield 2™: Complete Collection, The Orange Box, Battlefield 2142™ Deluxe Edition, Half-Life 2: Episode Pack

Friday April 15 - Sunday April 17 - 50% OFF ALL SPORTS GAMES (PCDD ONLY)
Titles Include: NHL® 09, EA SPORTS™ FIFA MANAGER 09, FIFA Soccer 09, FIFA Soccer 10, EA SPORTS™ FIFA Manager 10, FIFA Soccer 11, FIFA Manager 11, FIFA Manager 11 Team Control, FIFA Manager 11 Live Season, FIFA Manager 11 Premium Online Account, FIFA Manager 11 Fan Pack, FIFA Manager 11 SPECIAL EDITION, NFL Head Coach

Friday April 22 - Sunday April 24 - 33% OFF ALL RPG GAMES (PCDD ONLY)
Titles Include: Mass Effect™, Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning®, Ultima Online™: Stygian Abyss™ (Account Upgrade), Dragon Age™: Origins, Dragon Age™: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition, Mass Effect™ 2, Mass Effect™ 2 Digital Deluxe Edition, Ultima Online™: Stygian Abyss™ (New Account + 30 Days of Game Time), Dragon Age™: Origins - Awakening, Dragon Age™: Origins - Ultimate Edition, Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning® RvR Pack ? Progression Code, Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning® RvR Pack - Personality Code, Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning® RvR Pack ? Full (Progression/Personality) Code

Friday April 29 to May 1 - 50% OFF ALL FAMILY GAMES (PCDD ONLY)
Titles Include: Create™, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows™ ? Part 1, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix™

Last edited by a moderator:
First, PCDD, so no thanks.

Second, why would they sell pre-orders of BF3 at 40% off, but not Mass Effect 3??

40% off BF3 LE? woah, DD or not that's pretty tight. Got this power under the hood and I need to use it. Too bad the game doesn't come out for awhile.

how come there are some games like Counter Strike and Half-life (series) that are only available on steam and retail?

I also can't find Counter Strike in the EA Store catalogue.

It says "excludes pre-orders" on a portion that I found so it only works for games currently in circulation.

Why discount the preorder?? I hope its not an indication that they have no confidence on their game.. Like unleashed 2.. No demo?? Come on.. And the reviews are pretty average for that game.

Not sure where all the complaining is coming from, console owners get great sales and credits and such from places like Wal-Mart that fail to include PC gamers all the time.

Anyway, despite all the whining, $36 for BF3 is a fantastic deal. Seems too good to be true -- probably a mistake, and pre-orders will end up excluded from the sale. If not, I'm definitely jumping on this.

I've used EA's digital download service before and it works fine. Doesn't have that stupid "pay to download again" thing like they used to have. Works like a somewhat lighter version of Steam or like D2D's downloader application.

[quote name='Coolicy']how come there are some games like Counter Strike and Half-life (series) that are only available on steam and retail?

I also can't find Counter Strike in the EA Store catalogue.[/QUOTE]

Steam is owned by Valve, Valve owns Counter-Strike and Half-Life, why would they sell these games on the competitor's service?

You can't have deals like this for console games since you have the pay the console manufacturer, the distributor, and the actual retailer. You see, with direct download, there is no middle men at all, and actually, the developer most likely will make more money selling games at 40% off this way, then full price at the store.

40% off of BF3 seems way too good to be true. One would hope that they don't pull a "limited number of copies" BS, but I doubt they would for this. TOTALLY in for some Battlefield, even if I have to use EA's service over Steam.

[quote name='JohnDM']40% off of BF3 seems way too good to be true. One would hope that they don't pull a "limited number of copies" BS, but I doubt they would for this. TOTALLY in for some Battlefield, even if I have to use EA's service over Steam.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I see the price being set at $59.99, so 40% off that will drop it to $35.99. That sort of discount for a limited edition of a triple A title is enough to get me to pull away from my beloved Steam, and give EA some coinage. I would pay a $5 overhead to get the same deal on Steam though.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I've never bought from them before.

By PCDD do they mean their own independent service? Amazon's? D2d? I'm confused.

Assuming steam is out of the question?

[quote name='fujimitsu']Sorry if this is a stupid question but I've never bought from them before.

By PCDD do they mean their own independent service? Amazon's? D2d? I'm confused.

Assuming steam is out of the question?[/QUOTE]

EA made their own Steam knock-off service called the "EA Downloader" that never really hit the ground running. PCDD is PC-Direct Download. They've been trying to steal some of the Steam market for years, but only recently have tried to do so by offering sufficiently discounted prices. Their antiquated business model to always make as much money as possible never allowed for the possibility that selling more games at a cheaper price will actually equate to not only more money, but an expanded customer base. They have to realize they will not beat the Steam service, so their only option is to recede the model into a simple digital delivery service that focuses on ease of use, and cheaper pricing to fit into the market.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Sorry if this is a stupid question but I've never bought from them before.

Assuming steam is out of the question?[/QUOTE]

EA Download Manager.

Another thing I noticed. Mass Effect 2 DLC is again not discounted for PC. Come on EA, Xbox and even PS3 have got the DLC cheap or bundled in but the PC has seen nothing of the sort. Damn shame.

[quote name='JohnDM']Another thing I noticed. Mass Effect 2 DLC is again not discounted for PC. Come on EA, Xbox and even PS3 have got the DLC cheap or bundled in but the PC has seen nothing of the sort. Damn shame.[/QUOTE]
I don't think its ever been on sale although I think it's because it's sold through Bioware and not EA. I agree it's pretty lame though.

Battlefield 3 is no longer on the EA site list. OP should probably be updated to take that out to cut down on confusion.

I only have one game on my EA Downloader, and it was a free copy of Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box. I don't even play it...

[quote name='DypaehC']I only have one game on my EA Downloader, and it was a free copy of Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box. I don't even play it...[/QUOTE]

You should play it. Burnout Paradise is awesome. :D

hmm...looks like EA took battlefield 3 LE off the list - that is just terrible business practice on their behalf.

Why list it in the first place if only to sneakily take it down? Bait and switch no doubt.

Get the customers waiting up until midnight to order the game, find it isn't offered, and hope they get suckered in to the $59.99 price tag or even purchase one of their other "deals" like MOA (which for MP is about as worthless as an underwater toaster).

Terrible EA!! Just Terrible.

[quote name='MannishBoy']Battlefield 3 is no longer on the EA site list. OP should probably be updated to take that out to cut down on confusion.[/QUOTE]

Sort of expected this, sounded like too good of a deal. Still I'll keep an eye on it.

FIFA 11 for 50% next weekend is a nice though. I wish EA had more of their sports titles on PC. I've got some 360 controllers hooked up to my computer and FIFA and NBA 2K11 play great on it.

EA sent me a (mildy obnoxious) email asking me to take BF3 off the list. It was clearly listed in their email, so it was their error.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DirkBelig']ftfyt[/QUOTE]

To each his own I suppose. But I think you will find yourself in the minority on that one.

Anyway back on topic: a bit bummed they removed BF3 from the list but it isn't that surprising.

...aaaaaand EA squeezes out some more free advertising both for BF3, and their sale, and only at the expense of their client base.

Well played EA, well played. Admirable.

[quote name='Xealot42']To each his own I suppose. But I think you will find yourself in the minority on that one.[/QUOTE]I loved the Burnout series - LURVED IT - until "Burnout Hell: 8 Finish Lines To Bore You" came and took a steaming dump on everything. Despised it and wonder what's wrong with the people who like it. That's not to say I didn't grab the free Ultimate Box deal back at Christmas, but that was more out of spite than anything.

may I know where did the list come from? The OP mentioned that EA sent him an email, is this information listed someone on the EA site?

Am I going to run into "activation limit" troubles if I buy Mass Effect from the EA Store? Help would be appreciated!

[quote name='Xellos2099']Any idea how much will Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2: Vietnam starting the 8th? Right now it is 7.45[/QUOTE]
Wondering the same thing myself. The sales should overlap over the weekend.

[quote name='diishen']Am I going to run into "activation limit" troubles if I buy Mass Effect from the EA Store? Help would be appreciated![/QUOTE]

They did away with this years ago. I had thought the same recently though.

bread's done
Back