X-Men Origins: Wolverine (360) $14.99 at Amazon

Recommend this game, paid about this from Gamefly last year. Much more fun than I expected, combat is entertaining and there a lot of winks to other games.

ya i bought this for 16 bucks on amazon a while back. I meant to play it for about half an hour to make sure the disk was ok, but played it for a couple hours. The damage system is awesome, probably one of, if not the, best xmen games out there. Anyone on the fence should snag it at this price

I enjoyed this game until I ran into some stupid annoying glitch when fighting
Gambit (is this even considered a spoiler?)
. It would always end up with me falling off the edge in slow motion and him disappearing. It happened enough to make me hate the game and turn what should have been a 5 minute fight into a 40 minute fight.

This game is fucking badass, but overlong. Combat is fun and dynamic, the game is terrifically gory, and the damage that happens to Wolverine is finally fully rendered in an awe-inspiring way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMzSfkBKMaA

Again, the game rocks. It has great gameplay, great combat, and solid storytelling (considering its source). It is just too long.

Got this for $10 from Gamefly in Feb. 2010. Played it a few hours and liked it, then hit some mini-boss fight which was all about jumping on their back from behind and strafing around to get the angle got boring. Liked it until then.

Just to mirror the statements above, this game is great. If only the Iron Man games had came out as good as this one did.

[quote name='CheapyD']http://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Origins-Wolverine-Uncaged-Xbox-360/dp/B001PKHRVE

Finished this game...really really good. Definitely one of the best superhero games out there.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. It's one of the most visceral games I've ever played. Just really bad ass, really fun to play, really well done. I love that it's M rated too. Raven kicks ass!

The worst I can say about it is the story isn't great, although it's okay. But this and The Force Unleashed 1 are TOTALLY worth it. (The Force Unleashed IMO is roughly as good. A little disappointing playing it afterwords because it feels a little tame by comparison since its T, but at the same time it's still really dark, and has a fantastic story. Apparently Force Unleashed 2 was bad though, although I still bought it.)

I suppose its worth mentioning that the Xbox and Playstation 3 versions of the game-the Uncaged editions-are NOT the same game as the various last gen versions. Those are I think by a different developer, and just sort of based on Raven's game. So if anyone's played one of those, don't let it stop you from playing the real thing.

I forgot to mention, my favorite part was the having a button just for extracting/retracting the claws.

I think I wasted a good amount of time just walking around on screen messing with that :lol:.

[quote name='blindinglights']I forgot to mention, my favorite part was the having a button just for extracting/retracting the claws.

I think I wasted a good amount of time just walking around on screen messing with that :lol:.[/QUOTE]

It's been a year since I played it so I didn't even remember that. Awesome! :D

The game is good with the exception of one of the puzzles in the middle of the game and the final boss fight (which had too many cheap deaths). Other than that, it was solid.

I got this game on a "Manager's Special" at Best Buy a few years ago at the same $14.99 price. I played through it, and it was a good time. It does get a bit repetitive towards the end. I liked it, but after a while I was just waiting for it to end.

If you enjoy retro beat-em-ups this game is a must have. You're not gonna get the next God of War from this, but you are gonna get about 8-10 hours of some of the most stupidly fun entertainment you can get this generation. Got this from Goozex last month, I can definitely say it's worth $15.

Very underrated game. It made you feel like Wolverine and that alone makes the game awesome. Grabbed a copy from BBV during the B1G1 and got it for like 7 bucks. Have completely finished the game, but I may be trading it in here.

Thanks OP for the deal and thanks for the feedback from the community and whoever posted the warehousedeals copy. I think I might snag one, it looks like there are 20 or so copies left. Thanks again!

[quote name='Sonic9jct']If you enjoy retro beat-em-ups this game is a must have. You're not gonna get the next God of War from this, but you are gonna get about 8-10 hours of some of the most stupidly fun entertainment you can get this generation. Got this from Goozex last month, I can definitely say it's worth $15.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played God of War 3 or Ghost of Sparta yet, but personally I liked this a lot more than GoW 1, 2, or Chains of Olympus (which was my favorite of the three GoWs I've played so far).

Thought the gameplay, graphics, insanity, and everything else were better, personally. Plus I'll take Logan slicing off some dude's hand any day over pasty white guy :lol:

Okay, so I did actually have a solid time with the GoW games...especially Chains, but still this game rocks.

Got it from Gamefly a while back for PS3 during one of their monthly sales. Didnt expect much because it was a movie based game but I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Played it to platinum. Recommend it at that price.

[quote name='FireWarrior']The one movie tie-in where the game was vastly superior to the film in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I had high hopes for the movie, but yeah, what a letdown.

And then my hopes went sky high when I heard Darren fucking Aronofsky was going to direct the sequel, but now apparently that's not going to happen. :(

This game is good not great, but it is definitely worth playing at this price. It is fun, rather long, and unfortunately full of glitches, especially in the latter parts of the game. The final boss fight is REALLY glitchy, in particular, but there were several places throughout the game where it glitched out and I had to exit & reload the game, and there were a few times where it froze my system, too. As movie games go, it is one of the best ever made. As other games go, it is slightly above average. I write a review of every game after I finish it, and my overall review score was 67/100. FYI, it requires 2 full playthroughs to get the Platinum/1000GS, which took me 28 hours to accomplish.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']This game is good not great, but it is definitely worth playing at this price. It is fun, rather long, and unfortunately full of glitches, especially in the latter parts of the game. The final boss fight is REALLY glitchy, in particular, but there were several places throughout the game where it glitched out and I had to exit & reload the game, and there were a few times where it froze my system, too. As movie games go, it is one of the best ever made. As other games go, it is slightly above average. I write a review of every game after I finish it, and my overall review score was 67/100. FYI, it requires 2 full playthroughs to get the Platinum/1000GS, which took me 28 hours to accomplish.[/QUOTE]

You think it's good, yet you give it a D+?

[quote name='blindinglights']You think it's good, yet you give it a D+?[/QUOTE]

I do not translate my scores into a letter grade... if I was to have arbitrarily assigned a letter grade, I'd have given it a C+. I use an 11-criteria rating system which adds up to a sum out of 100 points. For basis of comparison, Grand Theft Auto IV scored 87/100, Prince Of Persia (2008) scored 67/100, Rogue Warrior scored 59/100, Saw scored 48/100, and the original Force Unleashed scored 69/100.

For Overall Impression, I gave Wolverine an 8/10.
For Story, a 7/10.
Production Value, a 5/10 due to extreme amount of glitches.
Quality of Game Design, a 7/10.
Depth, a 7/10 due to a long campaign that requires 2 full playthroughs, but nothing left for replay value after that.
For the strength of the Single Player campaign, a 4/5.
For Multiplayer, a 0/5 by default, since there is none.
Graphics, 8/10, I thought they were pretty good although some poor design choices were made in a few levels.
Audio, 6/10, there were some glitches and oddities in the surround sound handling.
For overall Fun factor, 7/10, I enjoyed it although there were some parts that dragged on a bit, and the many glitches were frustrating.
And finally, for Originality, 8/10, because although there were many different gameplay mechanics that are recycled from prior games, I can't recall any other game that has put them together in the same combination.

Overall it is a recommended buy at $15 or less.

[quote name='heybtbm']I've been waiting for this game to be sub-$20 forever. Now that it finally happened, $14.99 seems too much.[/QUOTE]

It is a lot still, but I bought from WHD for 8 bucks or so, like new.

By the way, if anyone is looking at the DLC (Weapon X arena) it's not worth it. Save your points for something else.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']I do not translate my scores into a letter grade... if I was to have arbitrarily assigned a letter grade, I'd have given it a C+. I use an 11-criteria rating system which adds up to a sum out of 100 points. For basis of comparison, Grand Theft Auto IV scored 87/100, Prince Of Persia (2008) scored 67/100, Rogue Warrior scored 59/100, Saw scored 48/100, and the original Force Unleashed scored 69/100.

...[/QUOTE]

I assume you mentioned those examples to give a range of good to bad scores. Out of curiosity, does anything ever score over 90? What was your highest scoring game?

[quote name='blindinglights']I assume you mentioned those examples to give a range of good to bad scores. Out of curiosity, does anything ever score over 90? What was your highest scoring game?[/QUOTE]

I just started writing the reviews last year, because I'm working toward starting a new web site about a year from now, so I haven't reviewed very many current-generation games yet. I've been mostly working my way forward from older generations, building an archive of reviews.

It is indeed rare for a game to score much above 90. Which I feel is quite realistic. Honestly, how many games have ever been released that were truly 10 out of 10 perfection, or even 9.5? Maybe half a dozen games have ever been truly that good; when you read the detailed reviews on a lot of gaming sites, their in-depth comments never seem to match up with the score they gave. The most god-awful game will still score 5 or 6, and I've seen games score 7s and 8s while the paragraphs below recommend avoiding the game. Really? Come on.

Among my limited list of 7th-generation console games, GTA IV is currently my highest rated game at 87/100, while Eragon is my lowest at 24/100.

Expanding to include all platforms, my highest rated game so far is Diablo II (with Expansion) with a score of 97/100. The worst review thus far is Jinks for the Atari 7800, scoring 18/100.

So far I've reviewed approximately 100 games, but my goal is to have >500 reviews completed by the time my new project is up and running. I have a backlog of over 1500 games spanning all systems from the Atari 2600 on. I should have them all completed within 4 years. Maybe 20% of the games I play this year will be current-gen; next year will probably be 50%, and after that >80%.

Hey guys I have a question that pertains to later in the game:

I am at the part in the game where the sentinel hand has to be moved. For me, it won't move even if the track is aligned. Is this a known glitch or am I missing something? Also, the platform doesn't have a power cell.

EDIT: NVM I am an idiot.

Thanks Cheapy for heads up man, really been wanting to get this one and for that price....u can count me in as I just ordered a copy:).

bread's done
Back