Mafia 2 (GREATEST HITS) comes with all DLC $19.99 used at Gamestop (PS3)

G3 Steve-O

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
A few of my gamestop have this used. And multiple copies as well. They got them in yesterday from corporate but they came in used???

Now is the DLC for this game though ALL on the disc or is it a DLC card???

Ok, I can share some info. I saw the Xbox 360 version of this 'Pre-Owned' stickered for $22.99. Its in the current artwork grey Plat. Hits case, and is a middle hinged flipper for two discs. Inside was a foldout map and the manual. Leads me to believe all bonus content is on disc to be installed to the HDD.

I immediately ran over the PS3 used area, but they only had the regular for Mafia 2. I noticed a dummy 3-in-a-row display for the GH edition, priced at $29.99. I should have checked for a gutted case to see if it was a flipper or not. Oh well.

As for me, would have loved to pick it up on the PS3 b/c I have the LE for the 360 w/ all the outfits, and figure the DLC could be 200pts each one day. Going thru it again on the PS3 would be fun. Definitely one of my favorite games of last year!

Just picked this up with the b2g1 sale today. The little teenage girl working behind the register grabbed the regular version and put it in the case, I had to point out to her that I needed the GH version with all the DLC on it. Not a surprise that she had no idea that there was all the DLC included with the GH version. I'm hella excited to run through this again on my PS3! and to finally play the DLC. I was waiting for the xbox DLC to go on sale but I'll just sell that copy now.

To answer your question OP, the DLC is on disk

Hmm I may have to buy the Platinum Hits version of Mafia 2. It would be cheaper than buying the DLC individually and I could trade in my standard version. I'd buy it now but im worried they will send me the last of the original prints.

Edit: Emailed customer service, we'll see what they say.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I got from Amazon.

I'm sorry, but I can't check on the specific physical details of the item for you. The information on our website is all the information we have about a particular product.

We're constantly working to improve and expand the information on each item's product detail page. If you buy an item and discover it's not what you expected, you can return it for a refund (www.amazon.com/returns).

[quote name='BlueWingX']Thanks for pointing that out! I'm going to try ordering it, and plan to return it if it's not Platinum. Oh, God help them if it's not platinum... :)[/QUOTE]

One of the recent reviews on Amazon confirms it is the PH with DLC on disc.

[quote name='OregonDealz']One of the recent reviews on Amazon confirms it is the PH with DLC on disc.[/QUOTE]

There are quite a few CAG's that have reported getting the GH version in the other thread also.

[quote name='Geb']Thanks, I picked up the PS3 Greatest Hits version (or at least that's what's shown on the product page at Amazon). Also, I got a pretty lucky personal Gold Box deal on Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom, $15.64. I would've paid more at Gamestop with tax so woohoo![/QUOTE]

I don't know. $15 new, or $20 used.....

They probably havent updated it yet. If people with reviews from yesterday are getting the version I want, and the box art is of the one I want..ill take the chance.

[quote name='rpg']does any one know how long this price will be up for thx?[/QUOTE]

Let me gaze into my Amazon oracle.... Nope - unclear... Ask again later.

[quote name='malfuncti0n']there's no mention of the included DLC in the amazon description i don't think[/QUOTE]HUGE PIC:
81ZJnR3NTXL._AA1500_.jpg
Note right above where the game's title is it says Mafia II game, 3 additional story backs, 4 style packs. No need to look for the info in the description when it's right on the cover.;)

The 360 version has the same printing on the top of its coverart as well.

[quote name='lakers2008']lol. gamestop. Sure I will pay $20 for a cum stained used copy or I can buy a NEW one for $15 from Amazon.[/QUOTE] lol...just seen a youtube video of mafia 2 unboxing regular edition which was posted 3 hours ago and he cashed out $20 for it

I posted this for those looking to take advantage of the B2G1 free this weekend.
Sure its a bit more than Amazon is right now. But if you are looking for 2 more games this is the way to go as these were obviously sent as used in error and 99% likely never used at all. 2 of my local stores got them factory sealed with the REFURB sticker on the plastic as if it was sent in to corporate for defective. WEIRD!!!

[quote name='thegame85']It's a disc that you install

mafia2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Sub-question: Does it require a hard drive to install?

Picked it up at the GS sale with Maijin, and Fallout New Vegas. Some people mentioned waiting for the director's cut version of Mafia II. Well the Greatest Hits one shows up on my PS3 titled as the Director's Cut. Just so you know, I don't think you should wait for the Director's Cut release, which seems to be just a re-pack.

[quote name='Survivalism']Sub-question: Does it require a hard drive to install?[/QUOTE]

Are you using a 4gb new 360 or memory card?

You can pick and choose what you want to install. So if you only have space for 1 sub-mission at a time you could always install 1, beat it, then delete and install another. If you're asking if you can play them off the disc, the answer is no.

I'm really beginning to hate these DLC sales on xbla. I bought one of the DLC missions and now because of this I'm debating on getting the disc based version cause I like stuff on disc. But then I'd be buying it twice lol. Decisions decisions...

[quote name='lakers2008']lol. gamestop. Sure I will pay $20 for a cum stained used copy or I can buy a NEW one for $15 from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

That's a little bit too vulgar for a public board isn't it?

Anyone playing through this game get past Chapter 14 on hard? I'm stuck on the warehouse part and even though I'm looking on youtube, its super hard. Such unforgiving checkpoints too. Any help would be appreciated!

[quote name='thegame85']Anyone playing through this game get past Chapter 14 on hard? I'm stuck on the warehouse part and even though I'm looking on youtube, its super hard. Such unforgiving checkpoints too. Any help would be appreciated![/QUOTE]

hehe, you mean the part where
you're getting bombarded with molotovs from the guy on the second floor? If so, you have to run from left to right behind the crates in the very back of the room. Pick off every single 'regular' enemy that comes from the front of the room, the sides, and a couple down the stairs (watch out for them!) Once they're all down, dash up the stairs on the left and make a mad run for the 'boss' guy, it is super easy once you're up there.

and I just wanted to put a statement out there about the PS3 version. Whats nice is the game and content is all on the same disc with nothing to install as far as the DLC missions go. You just choose them from the main menu and they load into their respective stories. Now, what is weird, is when you first spin the game, it installs a 51mb save file, which is essentially all the style packs. So remember this for cloud saving purposes, b/c I doubt its one you'd want to save to there..

I gotta pick this up for the PS3. I borrowed my friend's copy months ago but I couldn't finish it because I was getting freezing issues. Maybe it'll be fixed this time.

It's 100% sure to get the GH version of Mafia II if I buy it from Amazon right now? I don't want to get the regular version >_

[quote name='DeepEyes']It's 100% sure to get the GH version of Mafia II if I buy it from Amazon right now? I don't want to get the regular version >_

[quote name='kidrocklive']they have hte platinum pictured so I guess if you don't get it you could argue you didn't get what was pictured.[/QUOTE]

I don't live on the US, so it's pretty hard to ask for a replacement if I don't get the one I want u.u...

bread's done
Back