[DEAD] Batman: The Brave and the Bold (Wii) $9.99 at BEST BUY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought for $15 and don't regret it. It is a fun co-op game to play with non-gamers or children. It's a relatively short game though, roughly 5 hours. So if you plan on tearing through it quickly, you might just wanna rent.

Got it for $15 at Target a few months ago, and I've been slowly making my way through it with the kids. The 3 of us enjoy it. Sure, it's pretty easy, but there's actually has some really funny dialogue. There are multiple team-up partners to unlock, and the second character isn't always Robin. Each episode features a different character to fight alongside Batman. I also like the fact that you can switch characters during each interlude, so you're not stuck playing as Batman the whole time while player 2 has all the fun of playing as different people with different abilities.

Thanks! I grabbed a copy. I have a couple friends who worked on this game. I probably shouldn't tell them that I waited until now to pick it up. :lol:

hmm is this game even worth 10 bucks? i heard it was pretty crappy, and at best a mediocre kids game. If so maybe i'll get Walmart to pricematch if its in the add sunday.

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm is this game even worth 10 bucks? i heard it was pretty crappy, and at best a mediocre kids game. If so maybe i'll get Walmart to pricematch if its in the add sunday.[/QUOTE]

I paid $30 for it a few months back, and I'm happy with the purchase. It isn't great, but it's definitely not bad. It's a bit formulaic but the gameplay is engaging enough and there's some great voice acting included. You really can't lose for $10.

The game is great for my daughter and I to play. And the cartoon is one of the only ones I let her watch on TV right now.

Just wanted to chime in as well with how good of a game this is. Had a blast playing it coop with the kids. Well worth $10 and the DS version is very good as well.

I just picked one up at the local Best Buy. Shelf tag shows $29.99, but it rings up $9.99.

My kids are I am going to love this.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Definitely going to get this. :D

Is it Wiimote/Nunchuk only or can you use the classic controller with it?[/QUOTE]

Wiimote/Nunchuk only, unfortunately. I would've loved a classic option. You have to use the Wiimote to target your Batarangs on the screen, and shake the controller for certain attacks. It's not too gimmicky though, and plays well.

Grabbed the last copy at the Millbury, MA Best Buy. Thanks for posting, OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked the DS version of this up last week at GameStop (on sale there for $9.99), but I haven't opened it yet. Are they pretty much the same game? Is one better than the other? Is it worth owning both?

[quote name='arcane93']I picked the DS version of this up last week at GameStop (on sale there for $9.99), but I haven't opened it yet. Are they pretty much the same game? Is one better than the other? Is it worth owning both?[/QUOTE]

Definitely cool to have both, as I heard this is one of the few DS games that takes advantage of the "link to Wii" feature. With the DS linked to your Wii, you can play as Bat-Mite.
I have been meaning to try this game out for a while now. I've been meaning to start watching the cartoon, for that matter.

Got one. At first I glanced at the title too quickly and thought it was the DS version, which I already got for $10 at GS. Thanks OP.

Picked up the DS version last week for 10$, and now I got the Wii version for 10$. Thanks OP these really are fun games.

Are there any major differences between the Wii and DS versions?

Mostly, would you get a different enough experience playing both?

Or are they the same game/story/levels/characters/bosses with just minor adjustments for each system's capabilities?

Just got a weekly ad email for GameStop, and it looks like they've put the Wii version on sale for $9.99 as well. Obviously Best Buy is probably still the preferable choice since they won't have gutted it, but if you want it and your local Best Buy doesn't have it, GameStop might be an alternative.

[quote name='kodave']Are there any major differences between the Wii and DS versions?

Mostly, would you get a different enough experience playing both?

Or are they the same game/story/levels/characters/bosses with just minor adjustments for each system's capabilities?[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much what I was asking, but no one has really answered yet. The ability to link the Wii and DS versions is interesting, though if it's pretty much the same game otherwise, I'm not sure it's worth it.

For what it's worth, IGN gave the DS version a 7.5, but only gave the Wii version a 6.5.

Yes the third DS player plays as Bat Mite with the 2 other players playing on the Wii. He can drop combo stuff and i think a piano or something on enemies. Hes more of a support character, but it is pretty cool how it adds the other player.

[quote name='arcane93']Just got a weekly ad email for GameStop, and it looks like they've put the Wii version on sale for $9.99 as well.[/QUOTE]

That GS ad is online and shows $9.99 as well. Currently listed at $20 on their site though.

In trying to ascertain the difference between the Wii and DS versions, this is the best I've been able to find:

The Wii version can be played as a two-player game with two players controlling each hero, or as a one-player game with the player teamed with computer AI, with drop-in/out play. Players have access to several gadgets and can also summon another Jump-In Hero to perform a powerful attack.

The Nintendo DS version is a single-player game in which the player switches control between Batman and the available hero, using each of their abilities to progress through each level.

Playable characters

Wii version
Batman
Robin
Blue Beetle
Guy Gardner
Hawkman

DS version
Batman
Aquaman
Blue Beetle
Green Arrow
Hal Jordan
Plastic Man
Red Tornado

So it sounds like the DS has slightly different game play mechanics, and perhaps having to use different characters than the Wii version to progress through the levels means the levels are a bit different?

At any rate, there are at least different playable characters to possibly justify purchasing both?

Still wish someone who has played both could chime in and let us know if those differences are enough to justify owning both versions.

Pretty easy means it's good. Too many Wayforward games are almost unplayable-this actually is playable.

And yeah, the dialog's funny too.

Very good side scrolling fighter, with nice graphics (well, good sprite work).

It's almost like if Comic Jumper had DC characters instead of original ones, plus better graphics, plus actually competent fun gameplay. I just played it single player and it was fun that way, so I imagine multiplayer would be even better.

might have to bite. i was interested originally because i heart sidescrollers, but the $50 original price was a joke. should have released at $20

I don't think $50's a joke...I mean compared to what? Lots of terrible games cost $60...

$20's nicer though :D

[quote name='Jiggaloj']I almost bought a copy at Bestbuy today but decided against it at the last minute. They had plenty of copies left.[/QUOTE]

Heh, yeah, I did the same thing the other day -- had it in my hand, got halfway to the register, and then changed my mind. I don't have kids, and when I have people over to play multiplayer games, this isn't likely the one that we'd choose. I really need to stop buying mediocre games that I'll never actually play just because they're cheap. :lol:

[quote name='Wolfpup']You don't need to play it multiplayer, it's fun singleplayer too.[/QUOTE]

No, but I already bought the DS version (which I haven't played yet either), so the biggest reason to buy the Wii version as well would be the multiplayer aspect. Even the option to link the Wii and DS versions is (to my understanding) a multiplayer-only option. If I were really into the game, it might be worth it for the different playable characters, but based on what I've seen, I don't feel like it's really worth owning it twice. Maybe once I get around to playing the DS version a bit, I'll change my mind.

As far as I know they're different games though, right? I bought both, but haven't played the DS one yet.

[quote name='Wolfpup']As far as I know they're different games though, right? I bought both, but haven't played the DS one yet.[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that they're the same basic game, with the biggest difference between them being some different playable secondary characters and the multiplayer on the Wii. I could be wrong, though, but when I asked earlier what the differences were beyond that, no one really answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back