- - - - -

[DEAD] Batman: The Brave and the Bold (Wii) $9.99 at BEST BUY

#31 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1248 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:08 AM

Sounds like it might be a universal price drop?

#32 ArmyOfFun  

ArmyOfFun

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:38 PM

Just got a weekly ad email for GameStop, and it looks like they've put the Wii version on sale for $9.99 as well.

That GS ad is online and shows $9.99 as well. Currently listed at $20 on their site though.

#33 detectiveconan16   Limoncello Freshness CAGiversary!   6574 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:10 PM

Thanks OP, hopefully this will be a less painful time than NSMB.

Batsugunner.png

#34 kodave   Huh. CAGiversary!   4388 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:29 PM

In trying to ascertain the difference between the Wii and DS versions, this is the best I've been able to find:

The Wii version can be played as a two-player game with two players controlling each hero, or as a one-player game with the player teamed with computer AI, with drop-in/out play. Players have access to several gadgets and can also summon another Jump-In Hero to perform a powerful attack.

The Nintendo DS version is a single-player game in which the player switches control between Batman and the available hero, using each of their abilities to progress through each level.

Playable characters

Wii version
Batman
Robin
Blue Beetle
Guy Gardner
Hawkman

DS version
Batman
Aquaman
Blue Beetle
Green Arrow
Hal Jordan
Plastic Man
Red Tornado

So it sounds like the DS has slightly different game play mechanics, and perhaps having to use different characters than the Wii version to progress through the levels means the levels are a bit different?

At any rate, there are at least different playable characters to possibly justify purchasing both?

Still wish someone who has played both could chime in and let us know if those differences are enough to justify owning both versions.

#35 deadpool 3.0   Casual Gamer CAGiversary!   7070 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

deadpool 3.0

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:41 PM

I paid 20 for it. Wish I would have waited a bit longer after reading this,but it is fun. I do enjoy the game.

#36 Gregalor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5172 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:41 PM

It's a really good couch-coop game, if a bit short. $10 is a great price for it.

#37 CaoPi   KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10286 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:32 PM

anything like adventures batman and robin?

MY TRADE LIST: Huge fan of NIS and Koei games!

https://www.cheapass...misc/?p=1259801

#38 2000man   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   105 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:06 PM

Great game. Very short. I played coop with my kid and really liked it.

#39 Javery   Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer CAGiversary!   22402 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:08 PM

Definitely worth $10 if you have kids. My son and I played through it together and we loved it (he's 3).

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#40 Wolfpup   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9961 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:42 PM

Pretty easy means it's good. Too many Wayforward games are almost unplayable-this actually is playable.

And yeah, the dialog's funny too.

Very good side scrolling fighter, with nice graphics (well, good sprite work).

It's almost like if Comic Jumper had DC characters instead of original ones, plus better graphics, plus actually competent fun gameplay. I just played it single player and it was fun that way, so I imagine multiplayer would be even better.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#41 Drclaw411   I miss Cartoon Orbit CAGiversary!   3271 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:47 PM

might have to bite. i was interested originally because i heart sidescrollers, but the $50 original price was a joke. should have released at $20
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#42 Wolfpup   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9961 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:07 PM

I don't think $50's a joke...I mean compared to what? Lots of terrible games cost $60...

$20's nicer though :D
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
[LIST]

Posted Image

#43 Hell Monkey   Social Link MAX! CAGiversary!   2497 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Hell Monkey

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:08 PM

I just grabbed it for the same price at Gamestop. Great deal on this game.

#44 Jiggaloj   Navigator CAGiversary!   538 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:13 PM

I almost bought a copy at Bestbuy today but decided against it at the last minute. They had plenty of copies left.
----
Posted Image

#45 arcane93   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3671 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:18 PM

I almost bought a copy at Bestbuy today but decided against it at the last minute. They had plenty of copies left.

Heh, yeah, I did the same thing the other day -- had it in my hand, got halfway to the register, and then changed my mind. I don't have kids, and when I have people over to play multiplayer games, this isn't likely the one that we'd choose. I really need to stop buying mediocre games that I'll never actually play just because they're cheap. :lol:

#46 Wolfpup   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9961 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:08 PM

You don't need to play it multiplayer, it's fun singleplayer too.
[LIST]

Posted Image

#47 arcane93   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3671 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:11 PM

You don't need to play it multiplayer, it's fun singleplayer too.

No, but I already bought the DS version (which I haven't played yet either), so the biggest reason to buy the Wii version as well would be the multiplayer aspect. Even the option to link the Wii and DS versions is (to my understanding) a multiplayer-only option. If I were really into the game, it might be worth it for the different playable characters, but based on what I've seen, I don't feel like it's really worth owning it twice. Maybe once I get around to playing the DS version a bit, I'll change my mind.

#48 Wolfpup   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9961 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:17 PM

As far as I know they're different games though, right? I bought both, but haven't played the DS one yet.
[LIST]

Posted Image

#49 arcane93   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3671 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:18 PM

As far as I know they're different games though, right? I bought both, but haven't played the DS one yet.

My understanding is that they're the same basic game, with the biggest difference between them being some different playable secondary characters and the multiplayer on the Wii. I could be wrong, though, but when I asked earlier what the differences were beyond that, no one really answered.

#50 rywateska   Sorry for partying. CAGiversary!   2756 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:02 PM

Wow, from knowing nothing about the game to adding it on the "buy list asap" Thanks for the comments ppl

Posted Image

#51 hellboypi   gameboypi CAGiversary!   292 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:14 PM

Anybody know when the sale ends? I don't think it was advertised and it seems to have disappeared from BB's website...

#52 Zann   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:09 PM

I think it may have ended already. I went earlier today and when the game scanned it was back to $29.99. However, the is game is still on sale at Gamestop's website.

#53 Jaysonguy   Mr. Wonderful CAGiversary!   1386 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:34 PM

hmm is this game even worth 10 bucks? i heard it was pretty crappy, and at best a mediocre kids game. If so maybe i'll get Walmart to pricematch if its in the add sunday.

You heard wrong
Do more research

#54 Wolfpup   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9961 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:43 AM

Yeah. It's all ages I guess, but not a "kid's game" nor crappy. It's a very solid side scrolling fighter basically, with some nice art and some genuinely funny writing. The writing almost reminds me of Comic Jumper, if Comic Jumper's gameplay and graphics didn't suck.
[LIST]

Posted Image

#55 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   1743 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:07 PM

I really need to stop buying mediocre games that I'll never actually play just because they're cheap. :lol:

Except this one actually isn't a mediocre game -- it's above average, IMHO and for a Wii game, it's probably among the top tier.

#56 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1248 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:38 PM

Anybody know when the sale ends? I don't think it was advertised and it seems to have disappeared from BB's website...

I think it may have ended already. I went earlier today and when the game scanned it was back to $29.99. However, the is game is still on sale at Gamestop's website.

Yeah, I was in BB yesterday as well and saw it marked $29.99. I had CS do a price check and it showed the same price. I asked them to check their site. He searched by item number and even showed me the screen which said something to the effect of "This item does not exist". The only thing that comes up under the title are used copies for $17.99. So dumb.

I'll probably just pick it up at GS today along with KEY.