Batman Anthology BD $26.99 in Amazon Deal of the Week

I would have bit if I didn't already buy the 1989 one during Black Friday. The rest of the movies are just garbage.

Oh man. I am tempted to buy it just because of Batman Returns. My parents took me and my sister to watch this 3 times at a drive-in theater and I fell in love with it. If I was a little drunker I might bite.

this would be pretty cool to have, I wonder if they would ever bundle these 4 with however many films Nolan ends up making. I doubt it though. Tough choice, don't have any of these original films on DVD, so it wouldn't be bad to have for the collection and for the kids..but then again, I can spare them from Batman and Robin and Forever..if this was $20, would have done it in a heartbeat, don't know why the extra $7 is putting me off..

Also, I read a Amazon reviewer say each film has 2 discs, but AZ product description says 5 discs..wonder what gives??

[quote name='token2k6']

...Also, I read a Amazon reviewer say each film has 2 discs, but AZ product description says 5 discs..wonder what gives??[/QUOTE]

the set only has 5 discs, 1 for each movie and then one digital copy disc for the 1989 Batman. I picked this set up a while ago and i really like it, the first two movies look fantastic in blu...$26 is a great price considering amazon has both the first and second movie for $17.99 a piece right now...So even if you just want the Batman and Batman Returns i would say that you should still pick this up and just consider Forever and Batman and Robin a free bonus...

[quote name='token2k6']this would be pretty cool to have, I wonder if they would ever bundle these 4 with however many films Nolan ends up making. I doubt it though. Tough choice, don't have any of these original films on DVD, so it wouldn't be bad to have for the collection and for the kids..but then again, I can spare them from Batman and Robin and Forever..if this was $20, would have done it in a heartbeat, don't know why the extra $7 is putting me off..

Also, I read a Amazon reviewer say each film has 2 discs, but AZ product description says 5 discs..wonder what gives??[/QUOTE]

The DVD and Blu reviews are always mixed together on Amazon. The DVD version had 2 discs per movie.

I have all four on DVD's in those old style clamp style cardboard DVD cases from FYE's that I might have paid $12.00 total for after rebates. I wonder if its worth an upgrade for movies I might never watch again other than the first one maybe.

Though I already have the first two special editions on DVD, I'll bite on this just to have the whole shebang and the remaining special features.

Not sure if I'll bite or not. It's a shame that a couple of these movies were pretty horrible. However, it does appear that there are LOTS of extras on these discs. So that alone May (!?!) be worth a look if you don't already own the DVD box set. These extra's are the exact same extras that were included with the DVD boxset from years ago.

The first two movies where not bad, the third was not as bad as people make it out. The fourth ... it's almost bad enough to be good. At 26.99$ on Blu-ray, it's a steal. Doubt it will ever be cheaper.

[quote name='stevo1002']Unless you really love random video clip extras that don't add to the films, save the money and by them on DVD for $9.

http://http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Collection-Favorites-Returns-Forever/dp/B002GSXKN8/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1302492901&sr=1-1

The video quality and sound isn't much better than the DVD format if you just want the movies. Although I guess the downside to this set is that it still uses two sided discs.[/QUOTE]

Do you have any evidence to support this claim? From the reviews I read online, the picture and audio was good to great - it's mostly just the movies themselves that reviewers panned.

I haven't seen any direct comparisons between any DVD's and the BD set - but I have a hard time believing the quality is "about the same".

[quote name='Stry-ker']I wish these still came with the digital copy[/QUOTE]

Mine has a sticker that says it does on the front of it.

[quote name='stubadub']I got mine in from Amazon last night and it did not have the digital copy included.[/QUOTE]

The digital copy doesn't work anyhow. It's the same one that came with the batman digibook and it expired in 09. I tried the code I got with that and the one I recently got with anthology.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']The digital copy doesn't work anyhow. It's the same one that came with the batman digibook and it expired in 09. I tried the code I got with that and the one I recently got with anthology.[/QUOTE]

I've contacted Warner b4 with an expired code and they replaced it. So u never know. It was through their digital copy site

[quote name='Stry-ker']I've contacted Warner b4 with an expired code and they replaced it. So u never know. It was through their digital copy site[/QUOTE]

can u post the link to website??

bread's done
Back