Planestcape Torment question- can it be played on newer computers?

randomdud

CAGiversary!
Feedback
237 (100%)
Hey, so I was considering buying this game from Amazon or something since it sounds pretty fun, but I don't know if it will run on Windows 7. Has anyone tested this out? Would the compatibility settings help any?

[quote name='yester']You can get it from GOG for $10 Dollars.
I believe it should run on any pc.[/QUOTE]
I didn't know it was on there. Thanks for the help. :)

[quote name='randomdud']I didn't know it was on there. Thanks for the help. :)[/QUOTE]

Its there for a while. They also have the complete Baldurs Gate for your enjoyment. :)

What's this? People talking about PST, and I'm not involved?

This is blasphemy.

Anyway, as others have said, yes. Yes, though I recommend extensively patching it before you get into it. That's not to say that it isn't an amazing game in its vanilla form - it absolutely is - but the various patches/mods/restored content thingies really add a lot.

Regardless of whether you get the GoG version (probably the best way to go) or a physical copy, make sure you go here and follow their instructions when installing and patching/modding/whatevering the game. I use all of the mods mentioned in that blog, and can definitely recommend each and every one of them (though I also recommend you turn the "scale of souls" option on, which they advise against for a first run, but I guess that's debatable...).

It's a wee bit of work, but it's worth it to make one of the Best Games Ever even better, aye?

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back