Any 'pro' iPad users in here? Have an issue.

Rouzhokuu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
I'm kind of an iPad noob.

I tried to sync some photos to my pad earlier, and I guess when I hit 'sync', I didn't have the 'sync my apps' box checked, and it deleted all of my apps from my iPad.

When I clicked that box and re-synced the apps to my pad, all of my save data was gone.

I tried to restore a previous backup, but it didn't do any good.

I assume all my save data is gone, and I need to be less of a noob next time? I thought that when you first open up iTunes with your iPad connected, it automatically backs it up, so this kind of thing wouldn't happen, but I guess not. =/

It's supposed to by default. Well I know mine did when I did iPad > Mac. I'm not sure of iPad > Windows.

Actually, mine even gave me a prompt when I hooked it up for the first time since I registered my iPad from a separate iTunes machine so I could start using it right away.

Do a restore and restore from your backup. You can pick from previous backups.

Ooops. Poor reading comprehensions. Yeah, that's odd. It should back up such stuff. I know when I restore from a backup it restores all my apps and saves. Sorry to hear about that.

[quote name='crunchewy']Do a restore and restore from your backup. You can pick from previous backups.

Ooops. Poor reading comprehensions. Yeah, that's odd. It should back up such stuff. I know when I restore from a backup it restores all my apps and saves. Sorry to hear about that.[/QUOTE]

Well, I just got this about a month ago, and I only have half a dozen games, and wasn't very far on any of them.

So I didn't lose THAT much, it's just more about not wanting it to happen again down the road. =/

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']I don't auto-sync anything... manual is the way to go imo.[/QUOTE]

May I ask what you mean by that? How do you manually sync?

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']May I ask what you mean by that? How do you manually sync?[/QUOTE]

Manually transfer the files between your pc/mac and your ipad. Select the "library" with the file(s) you wan to move (music, movies, apps, books, etc)... click and drag to your i-device.

Syncing always screws my iPhone and iPad up.

I like synching but it can sometimes cause problems. I just synch apps though, so they get backed up easily. I don't have any movies or music files on my iPad.

bread's done
Back