You can't lock the OTT until a new one is created!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see why the OTT is still limited to 500 posts. it's not like the old days where we blew through 2-3 OTTs per day.

Got my Halo Reach disc. You should definitely not be expecting it to replace your retail copies. It's a debug-esque disc like the ones I sometimes get for review.

[quote name='Chika']I dont see why the OTT is still limited to 500 posts. it's not like the old days where we blew through 2-3 OTTs per day.[/QUOTE]

I always wondered what the deal with that was.

I say this thread be locked right now.

FYI - Hey Dude box set comes out in July. I'd like to see it for nostalgias sake but something tells me it won't hold up.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Got my Halo Reach disc. You should definitely not be expecting it to replace your retail copies. It's a debug-esque disc like the ones I sometimes get for review.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, but what does that mean?

It looks like a blank disc with words printed on it about not using it in a console not in the beta and that it's not for resale.

Edit: Nice. Peyton Hillis is beating Aaron Rodgers early on in the semifinals of the Madden 12 Cover Vote. Peyton got more votes in the last round than Aaron did, so this will be an interesting round.

http://kotaku.com/#!5790852/this-is-what-xbox-live-system-update-testers-are-getting-in-the-mail

medium_discupdate.jpg

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Got my Halo Reach disc. You should definitely not be expecting it to replace your retail copies. It's a debug-esque disc like the ones I sometimes get for review.[/QUOTE]

I think this means they have to kill you.

[quote name='JStryke']I always wondered what the deal with that was.[/QUOTE]

Back in the day :oldman: the OTT used to fly through a couple thousand posts per day. It got to the point that it was burdening the servers to have such massive threads, so they put a limit on how many posts the OTT could have before we had to start a new one. Back in those days, the old man was on top of things and could spot a thread with 499 replies on a mosquito's ass hair. Then meatspin happened and drama started, then more drama happened, Wubb, some more drama with a side of drama, LinkinPark, more drama, trolling, drama, then a bunch of people quit the OTT. I just violated the 1st rule of the OTT by talking about the OTT so now someone's going to kill me.

OG OTTers, correct me if I'm wrong, I might've forgotten a couple rounds of drama and trolls in there.

[quote name='Chika']Back in the day :oldman: the OTT used to fly through a couple thousand posts per day. It got to the point that it was burdening the servers to have such massive threads, so they put a limit on how many posts the OTT could have before we had to start a new one. Back in those days, the old man was on top of things and could spot a thread with 499 replies on a mosquito's ass hair. Then meatspin happened and drama started, then more drama happened, Wubb, some more drama with a side of drama, LinkinPark, more drama, trolling, drama, then a bunch of people quit the OTT.

OG OTTers, correct me if I'm wrong, I might've forgotten a couple rounds of drama and trolls in there.[/QUOTE]
Back in the day, the OTT used to move about this quickly as we went through a few thousand posts in a month. It was only when the site started growing rapidly and we got more posters that we went through OTTs much more quickly.

If I remember correctly, Cheapy let threads go past 500 with CAG 2.0 but then the programmer told him it was best to keep them at 500.

[quote name='Chika']Back in the day :oldman: the OTT used to fly through a couple thousand posts per day. It got to the point that it was burdening the servers to have such massive threads, so they put a limit on how many posts the OTT could have before we had to start a new one. Back in those days, the old man was on top of things and could spot a thread with 499 replies on a mosquito's ass hair. Then meatspin happened and drama started, then more drama happened, Wubb, some more drama with a side of drama, LinkinPark, more drama, trolling, drama, then a bunch of people quit the OTT. I just violated the 1st rule of the OTT by talking about the OTT so now someone's going to kill me.

OG OTTers, correct me if I'm wrong, I might've forgotten a couple rounds of drama and trolls in there.[/QUOTE]

Seems aboot right. Some of those old OTTs hit 500 posts in under 45 minutes.

Back on the QJ forums, they had an OTT that was well over 100,000 posts. It bogged up the forums so much that I'm pretty sure at one point they had to just delete it altogether.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Back in the day, the OTT used to move about this quickly as we went through a few thousand posts in a month. It was only when the site started growing rapidly and we got more posters that we went through OTTs much more quickly.[/QUOTE]

That was way, way back in the day :booty:

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Seems aboot right. Some of those old OTTs hit 500 posts in under 45 minutes.[/QUOTE]

It's hard to believe now:cry:

[quote name='CaseyRyback']We need some punching bags like Jake and DP. I can't believe I fucked up by banning them.[/QUOTE]

2DMention.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I started watching The Office (BBC) again and I really want to have freelove freeway as my ringtone now ( I can't find a file that isn't from a sketchy looking source). I didn't even know that he did a version with Noel Gallagher.

*VIDEO*[/quote]
I used this program called "Audio Record Wizard" a couple weeks ago to create a .mp3 of a mgs codec ring since I couldn't find a decent one. I think the trial only lets you record 30s of sound, but that's long enough for a decent ringtone.
================================
Nothing beats filing taxes for friends, charging them $30 and finishing it in under 20 minutes.

[quote name='Chika']
It's hard to believe now:cry:[/QUOTE]

I remember a few during the Amazon Christmas sales and during E3 that were lucky to have lasted 30 minutes. I still say Linkin being demodded was one of the biggest factors for slowing down the OTT. It took the wind out of a lot of people's sails.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']We need some punching bags like Jake and DP. I can't believe I fucked up by banning them.[/QUOTE]

Get some Philly fans in here. I'll punch them alright.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']#83 and SeanR like the Phillies, I think.

Sub Yankees/Rangers/Patriots for Phillies, and I'll help you out.[/QUOTE]

Odd to see the Rangers on that list. Pat and Yankee hate are fine by me though. Although Phillies are priority on the hate list. That one World Series (2007 I think?) when it was Phils - Yanks...let's just say that was the first and hopefully only time I see myself pulling for the Yankees.

[quote name='JStryke']Odd to see the Rangers on that list. Pat and Yankee hate are fine by me though. Although Phillies are priority on the hate list. That one World Series (2007 I think?) when it was Phils - Yanks...let's just say that was the first and hopefully only time I see myself pulling for the Yankees.[/QUOTE]

Typically Yankees fans are Rangers fans if they like hockey. That's generally enough.

I never though I'd ever want the Patriots to win, but in the regular season, I'll cheer for them every time they take on the Jets and that fat overconfident fuck they have for a coach. :lol:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Typically Yankees fans are Rangers fans if they like hockey. That's generally enough.

I never though I'd ever want the Patriots to win, but in the regular season, I'll cheer for them every time they take on the Jets and that fat overconfident fuck they have for a coach. :lol:[/QUOTE]

OH! I was thinking Texas Rangers. I'm not much of a hockey fan so wasn't even thinking of them.

As for the Jets, I dunno. Ryan has that charm about him.

[quote name='JStryke']OH! I was thinking Texas Rangers. I'm not much of a hockey fan so wasn't even thinking of them.

As for the Jets, I dunno. Ryan has that charm about him.[/QUOTE]

If by charm you mean "smug and overconfident asshole who talks a lot of shit", then yes. He's charming. So charming, I want to punch him in the throat. :lol:
I don't even like baseball, but I hate Yankees fans... most other baseball teams don't even register for me. :)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']We need some punching bags like Jake and DP. I can't believe I fucked up by banning them.[/QUOTE]Best thing you ever did.

It looks like the OTT needs a new villain. Speaking of which, DP messaged me on Facebook and said he missed us. Trakan, work some magic and unblock that mofo.

There's a difference between a dead horse with enough meat left to make it worth beating and a rotting skeleton that just stinks up the place.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']There's a difference between a dead horse with enough meat left to make it worth beating and a rotting skeleton that just stinks up the place.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:k You make a good point, sir.

[quote name='manthing']But making fun of 2D doesn't rile him up, nor does he 'ignore' people like LP[/QUOTE]

I think he's too dumb to know what's happening. When he does react, he seems pretty clueless.

QotSA was phenomenal. On top of playing their first album, their encore consisted of:

Monsters in the parasol
Burn the witch
Make it wit chu
Little sister
Avon
Go with the flow
A song for the dead

[quote name='prmononoke']I think he's too dumb to know what's happening. When he does react, he seems pretty clueless.[/QUOTE]

I heard 2D injected heroin into his body multiple times, but since he doesn't have an addictive personality, it didn't do anything.

[quote name='Eviltude']Figures. I actually wake up to go to class and it gets canceled. I might go back to bed.[/QUOTE]

do it for me. I've been off from work for 4 days and now I have to get up ans go back, and I don't want to. I'd kill to be able to crawl back up in bed right now.

My 10 year old writes better poetry then the college students in my wife's class (I mean, that she teaches). No, really. We had no idea, but I guess it's in the blood. He wrote an awesome poem about lightning at school where there's a visiting poet this week, so they're doing poetry. Very creative stuff even though he's never written any poetry, nor does he read any. It's not a shock that he's writing better stuff then the college students, though. It seems that college students these days, perhaps some of you here can comment, are complete asses. The text/game in class. They leave early. They arrive late. They basically don't give a shit and they also don't seem to have a clue. Then they complain when they don't get an A, and she's an easy, easy grader. Grades are pretty much just based on showing up, participating and generally not being an ass, something that these kids seem to have a hard time avoiding being. EDIT: well, not all of them are like this, but it does seem to be a common thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back