Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story (DS) $22.27 at Amazon

I was bummed I missed this last time, but I'm not sure if I'm going to pull the trigger on it this time either...

13 hours in and it's pretty fun. I'd recommend it if you like RPGs, but if you have a backlog don't bother it's nothing super special.

$20 seems like a bit much though, might want to wait for $15

If you guys like Paper Mario and the way it plays, you'll like Inside Story. You'll definitely get $20 worth of entertainment out of it, and it's maintained its value so you can always resell it if need be.

You'll be able to get around 35 hours of play out of it, and I had fun most of the way.

[quote name='Achilles00']
You'll be able to get around 35 hours of play out of it, and I had fun most of the way.[/QUOTE]

That's assuming you grind for the lame "best ending" screen. You're more likely to get 20-25 hours.

[quote name='Kenshindono']getting this now, thanks. Is it impossible to find partners in time for any reasonable price? Its alwasy like 40+ bucks[/QUOTE]

i got mine a week ago from TRU for 34.99

I can't believe people are passing on this, although I guess that's only people who didn't buy it on launch day to begin with.

The Paper Mario comparison is obvious, except I actually like these better. Haven't played (but own) this third one, but the first two were awesome, especially the second IMO.

Stuck on that dumbass train fight, but still a really fun game. Of course, playing as Bowser makes me giddy so I'm a little biased.

[quote name='kidkash03']Stuck on that dumbass train fight, but still a really fun game. Of course, playing as Bowser makes me giddy so I'm a little biased.[/QUOTE]

Note to everyone: the giant Bowser fights require blowing into the Microphone for a few seconds and the game is really iffy with that.

Thank goodness the mic picks up my blowing on Spirit Tracks okay....even in a loud room.

I think that mic is really just a blow sensor :lol:

Thanks OP, bought one. I got a question for you CAG, How's Partners in Time?? I saw a seller on ebay selling more than 10 copies at 34.99/ea plus shipping, but I'm weary of buying a DS copy on ebay, and he's located from the US, or should I go the Amazon route of trying to find a 40 plus game of Partners in Time and at least be a recognized seller that won't sell me a pirated copy..decisions, decisions.

Thanks. I liked the first couple games, but never got around to this one. Will give me a reason to touch my DS for the first time in ages as well.

[quote name='Nohbdy']I hear PiT is the weakest of the three but don't quote me on that.[/QUOTE]

I liked it better than the original, but haven't played the third one yet. The original's a little too long/fetch questy, and while the graphics are great in it too, they're not AS good and the bean kingdom. Still worth buying though.

[quote name='Kenshindono']this is a trillogy? I was only aware of partners in time and this one.. whats the 3rd? I'll bet its still 40 bucks or more =P[/QUOTE]

Superstar Saga. The first in the series beginning on the GBA.

ah i'll have to track that down then. probably ebay or gamestop if its cheap on their b2g2 free thing this weekend.. though id prefer the case/manual ebay provides. Was the first one pretty good?

[quote name='Kenshindono']ah i'll have to track that down then. probably ebay or gamestop if its cheap on their b2g2 free thing this weekend.. though id prefer the case/manual ebay provides. Was the first one pretty good?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I liked it since I beat it. It has been a while. When I first got it, it was a bit of a shock since I was expecting a platformer. I had never played a Mario RPG before that. Anyways, it's got a 90% on game rankings, so I'm sure if you liked the other in the series you'll like it.

bread's done
Back