GameStop and Premuim/Limited/Collectors Edition with no game case

adriley313

Banned
So I stopped at my local GameStop during my lunch break to pick up Loh: TiTS which they didn't have. So decided to start my Ys collection with Ys: Seven Premium Edition. It was $30 here New as apposed to $40 new on Amazon.

So I get the copy and its opened which I didn't mind and we head out. As we are driving away and I open I notice the game is in a UMD case in a typical GameStop CD Sleeve and we stopped and drove right back to get the case for the game itself. Turns out they got it from the warehouse like that. He even checked the Ys: Oath game and it was the same. I told him it was okay and left. Now i wish i would had returned it.

Anyone else have this same sort of problem?

Umm... if you payed for the game as if it were a new game then you got ripped off. No way in hell would I pay for a new game and get it in a generic Gamestop case. If I were you, I'd go back and maybe order it online or something. >.<

As for your question: I haven't had any problems like that. Then again, I try to stay away from buying CE or LE from Gamestop (with the exception of Record of Agarest War Zero since GS and Amazon are the only two that will sell the game). That does seem sort of odd that they would do that. The fact that they would even sell it as a new game is disgusting. D:

Why would you just take a special edition that's not complete? That sort of defeats the purpose of it. Now if you try to return it, they might not take it and accuse you of keeping the extras.

You probably got the regular game due to the employee's mistake or maybe because he figured you wouldn't know.

well... you can buy the case and instructions for $8 on ebay or pay $2 more and get it sealed. That is what's missing right? Or just the clear UMD case?

the only thing missing is the game case and booklet
i think im gonna take it back
all the other stuff is sealed
it just looks so good on my shelf

Went to my local Gamestop this past weekend with a friend and noticed a "New" Fallout 3 GOTY. Had the slip cover but the case was just a normal black dvd case.:whistle2:s

[quote name='adriley313']may just throw it in my lowball and buy a new sealed copy[/QUOTE]

If you do that, then you've just let them win. No offense man, but why even make this post if you're not gonna return it, or at the very least question them about it. You're going to sell what you have now at a loss, then buy the copy from Amazon you could've got in the first place?

Not trying to sound harsh, man, I'm just suggesting returning it for your sake. If you're not satisfied with what they gave you, I think just spending the extra $10 at Amazon would be better for your piece of mind.

Also, what is this Tits game you mentioned?

^ what he said
listen to the Cagcast before last

The reason for the post was to ask if anyone else had experienced this. Not whether I should return it or not.

thx a bunch to all

Now i just want a copy of LoH: TiTS

bread's done
Back