Bandai Ent. 50% off Sale + FUNimation Blu-ray Deals (50+% off) @ DeepDiscount.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
Bandai Ent. Sale @ DeepDiscount.com (Over 350 Titles @ 50% off)

dvd-bandai350-50off-hero.jpg

FUNimation Blu-ray Deals @ DeepDiscount.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why I even bother looking at what DeepDiscount does anymore.

Only bought one thing from them in the last 3 years, and it was a price mistake.

nice price on some of the Funi blu's, can't bring myself to order from deep discount anymore. did an impulse order of the Tsubasa ova's, but then just went back a few minutes ago and cancelled. with their track record I'll wait for a price drop elsewhere

any chance amazon will price match any of these I would like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Complete Collection [4 Discs] for 19.99

but you guys make deepdiscount sound bad so I dunno

Some awesome deals, and even though they won't be here for 3 months, for the price, so worth it.

Picking up Gunslinger Girls, Shigurui, and Blood Brothers.

See you in 3 months blu-rays!

*edit*

Correction, their servers seem to be down, so can't even order them anyways, lol.

Good ol DD.

Son of a ***** and I just spent $22 on Devil May Cry (Blu-ray) @ Amazon just last month (worst - the 13-episode show wasn't that great either).

Since I don't really care WHEN I get these Blu-rays with my backlog of movies, I'm gonna go ahead and order a couple.

For those that don't know, DeepDiscount is notorious... no really... NOTORIOUS for back orders and holding your orders for 3-4 months (sometimes more) before they ship your order out.

I remember placing a simple order for Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (Blu-ray), and that wasn't shipped to me around my birthday... a good 4 and a half months after I had placed the order. In fact, I totally forgot I even ordered it.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Son of a ***** and I just spent $22 on Devil May Cry (Blu-ray) @ Amazon just last month (worst - the 13-episode show wasn't that great either).[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about purchasing that too, but heard such terrible things about it, and now I have confirmation, so save me the effort.

Thanks. :D

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Son of a ***** and I just spent $22 on Devil May Cry (Blu-ray) @ Amazon just last month (worst - the 13-episode show wasn't that great either).

Since I don't really care WHEN I get these Blu-rays with my backlog of movies, I'm gonna go ahead and order a couple.

For those that don't know, DeepDiscount is notorious... no really... NOTORIOUS for back orders and holding your orders for 3-4 months (sometimes more) before they ship your order out.

I remember placing a simple order for Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (Blu-ray), and that wasn't shipped to me around my birthday... a good 4 and a half months after I had placed the order. In fact, I totally forgot I even ordered it.[/QUOTE]

I ordered The Prestige over the summer...I still haven't received it.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Son of a ***** and I just spent $22 on Devil May Cry (Blu-ray) @ Amazon just last month (worst - the 13-episode show wasn't that great either).[/QUOTE]

In every thread Devil May Cry gets mentioned in, it's unanimously panned. Why did you not listen to us?!

[quote name='elessar123']I might order Trinity Blood and Black Blood Brothers... Only cause it's cheap.[/QUOTE]

Both of these aren't even worth the sale price.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']In every thread Devil May Cry gets mentioned in, it's unanimously panned. Why did you not listen to us?![/QUOTE]
Shoot! Must have missed it. Barely just started posting here on CAG again just recently. Got it on a Gold Box deal without even checking... sigh.

The action and animation is still good. Everything else is just shit. I got the blu ray for like $5 and I'm perfectly happy with that. (In DMC)

Black Blood Brother I would say is good. It should REALLY have been a full 26 episode series, but what is offered is enjoyable.

If your order these be prepared to wait AT LEAST 2 months, if not more. Also, they may just cancel it after making you wait for so long.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']If your order these be prepared to wait AT LEAST 2 months, if not more. Also, they may just cancel it after making you wait for so long.[/QUOTE]
I'm hoping Amazon pricematches. Deep Discount is shit.

[quote name='Capocci 007']i reccomend both BBB and TB.. both shows are phenominal go ahead and get them even if they weren't on sale u still buy[/QUOTE]

You realize how cruel and irresponsible this is, right?

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']You realize how cruel and irresponsible this is, right?[/QUOTE]

I half-agree, Trinity Blood actually has good things going for it, but BBB was just awful, unless (conditional) you have an absolute hard on for the Yugioh animation style, in which case go nuts.

I just started watching Trinity Blood, and I've been less than thrilled with it so far. I was glad to pick up the Escaflowne series set through this deal though along with season 1 of Code Geass.

How come no one is mentioning...Code Geass and Gurren Lagann. They were pretty damn good shows and these are the cheapest I have seen them...but this is Deepdiscount we are talking about...the reputation is tarnished a bit. As of right now it says Code Geass is on back-order...

[quote name='killa5k7']How come no one is mentioning...Code Geass and Gurren Lagann. They were pretty damn good shows and these are the cheapest I have seen them...but this is Deepdiscount we are talking about...the reputation is tarnished a bit. As of right now it says Code Geass is on back-order...[/QUOTE]

Because everyone is gaga over anime Blu-rays, even if they're mostly upscales of crappy shows.

i definitely bought a bunch of these like a year ago and haven't watched one yet. Now they are a decent amount cheaper. Whoops.

I'll prob get Afro : Resurrection, and maybe Shigurui

[quote name='Indecisive Rattle']Because everyone is gaga over anime Blu-rays, even if they're mostly upscales of crappy shows.[/QUOTE]

Because I already have them.

Pardon my ignorance, but can someone explain what is the bad rep being associated with Deep Discount? Other than the long ship time that others mentioned.

[quote name='Dr4g00n']Pardon my ignorance, but can someone explain what is the bad rep being associated with Deep Discount? Other than the long ship time that others mentioned.[/QUOTE]
They could stick you with unauthorized airmail charges and refuse to refund it, forcing some extra hassle to deal with it.

[quote name='killa5k7']How come no one is mentioning...Code Geass and Gurren Lagann. They were pretty damn good shows and these are the cheapest I have seen them...but this is Deepdiscount we are talking about...the reputation is tarnished a bit. As of right now it says Code Geass is on back-order...[/QUOTE]
Everyone should already have 'em by now, Code Geass R2 is still overpriced ($80 for the 2nd season?! Gtfo with your putting fewer episodes on more discs Bandai!), and I'm certainly never ordering something on backorder from them again. It took somewhere around 5-6 months to get my Gurren Lagann LE from backorder with them.

[quote name='Dr4g00n']Pardon my ignorance, but can someone explain what is the bad rep being associated with Deep Discount? Other than the long ship time that others mentioned.[/QUOTE]

You might get used DVDs.

[quote name='Vegan']You might get used DVDs.[/QUOTE]

New stuff comes used sometimes, which is a complete screw job.

Happened to me a couple times, and a couple times too, they came damaged and have box cuts through them.

The nightmare ensues when you have to deal with what they call customer service...

Picked up FMP TSR, both Afro Samurais, and Basilisk. No tax, and free 3-5 day shipping to Hawaii via Google checkout.

So nothing recommended at these prices? Only things from OP I own are Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid and Basilisk. Or just wait for Amazon

Waiting doesn't bother me since I won't watch it right away. Took 3 months to get my Kung Fu Hustle, but I got it.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']So nothing recommended at these prices? Only things from OP I own are Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid and Basilisk. Or just wait for Amazon

Waiting doesn't bother me since I won't watch it right away. Took 3 months to get my Kung Fu Hustle, but I got it.[/QUOTE]

If you want recommendations, I would say for the price, Gunslinger Girl (both of them), are probably going to get you the best bang for your buck.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']So nothing recommended at these prices? Only things from OP I own are Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid and Basilisk. Or just wait for Amazon[/QUOTE]

Evangelion, Samurai 7, and the first season of Gunslinger Girl are all good buys. The second season of Gunslinger Girl is worthless crap, unfortunately.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Evangelion, Samurai 7, and the first season of Gunslinger Girl are all good buys. The second season of Gunslinger Girl is worthless crap, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

GSG remains one if my favorites. When S2 came out, I was exited cause of Pino, but couldn't watch past the first episode. Now I'm just waiting for vol 7 of the manga, which should hit here later this year.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']You realize how cruel and irresponsible this is, right?[/QUOTE]

so because Kirin Lemon doesn't like it I guess that means no one else can LOL

ur like the imbeciles on those game reviewing sites. don't criticize other people for liking something you don't

[quote name='SeanAmI']Same. Don't feed the troll.[/QUOTE]

What? Kirin isn't a troll. He's simply trying to help prevent people from buying something awful. Also, Capocci, describing Black Blood Brothers and Trinity Blood as phenomenal is highly suspect; I haven't seen them, but they certainly don't look like masterpieces, and I trust Kirin's judgement.

Anyway, I haven't had any problems with Deep Discount. The last time I ordered from them I received my order in a reasonable amount of time. Also, one of my items, True Tears, was horribly scratched, and Deep Discount replaced it without a hassle.

There's definitely some things I would like to order, but I can't afford to order anything right now, unfortunately; I'll just wait for the next sale or the next Bandai sale on Right Stuf.

[quote name='Razzuel']What? Kirin isn't a troll. He's simply trying to help prevent people from buying something awful. Also, Capocci, describing Black Blood Brothers and Trinity Blood as phenomenal is highly suspect; I haven't seen them, but they certainly don't look like masterpieces, and I trust Kirin's judgement.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. It's no skin off my back if they end up buying those shows. Waste your money if you want, guys, but you've been warned about the garbage that awaits you.

Somewhat related, I just spent most of my day hanging with Monica Rial and Colleen Clinkenbeard. It's gonna be a fun weekend!

I do think calling Kirin a troll is going overboard. When it comes to Kirin's comments (sometimes a bit harsh imo) on series, I just keep moving along when I see his opinion being negative towards something I may like. My interests usually don't line up with his, so there is no reason to dwell on his statements.

As for this sale, the last time I ordered from DeepDiscount for Gurren Lagaan, I waited a month or so for it to ship, and then 2 weeks for it to arrive. I'd much rather wait and get the stuff on sale from Amazon or Rightstuf and have a better experience.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Somewhat related, I just spent most of my day hanging with Monica Rial and Colleen Clinkenbeard. It's gonna be a fun weekend![/QUOTE]
Are you being literal here? If so, please do elaborate if you would.

Wow! DDD shipped my ordered quick this time :)

1 FUN007991 BLR : AFRO SAMURAI-2ND SEASON $ 7.00
1 FUN008197 BLR : GUNSLINGER GIRL-1ST SEASON $ 12.99
1 FUN008198 BLR : GUNSLINGER GIRL-2ND SEASON-IL TEAT $ 12.99
1 FUN008525 BLR : BASILISK-COMPLETE SERIES $ 14.62
1 FUN008541 BLR : FULL METAL PANIC-SECOND RAID SERIE $ 14.35
1 FUN023088 BLR : TSUBASA-OVA'S $ 11.37

[quote name='Shinpachi']Are you being literal here? If so, please do elaborate if you would.[/QUOTE]

Yup, completely literal. I've worked as guest coordinator for a local anime convention for many years (minus those I was living in Japan), and this year we have Monica and Colleen in attendance, as well as the folks from Brawl in the Family and Red Letter Media. Monica and I have been good friends for seven years now, and I just met Colleen in person for the first time this Thursday, but she's awesome as well.

I can probably share more details later, but I just woke up, and I need to shower and get Monica to her first panel of the day shortly, then figure out a lunch plan for everyone. Whew!

[quote name='Masterkyo']Wow! DDD shipped my ordered quick this time :)
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same thing happened with me.

I was totally caught off guard and surprised.

Let's hope it arrives in good condition now, and not slashed or used as I have previously had issues with them over that before.

But any improvement is a good improvement!

bread's done
Back