Video Game Ringtone & Notification Suggestions

Rodimus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
I just got a new smart phone (finally) and was trying to think up some good video game ringtones and notification sounds. I currently have Castlevania (NES) Vampire Killer for my ringtone and Protoman's Whistle as my alert. What do you guys have?

I know a lot people have that Metal Gear Solid codec SFX, which is cool, but somebody at work has it and would be a little redundant.

I do have MGS Codec as my text message alert.

My wife's ringtone is the Final Fantasy 'Prelude'.

For quick alerts, I like things like Zelda's 'open a chest', or Final Fantasy 'won the battle' theme.

You cant go wrong with SMB 1up mushroom sound.

I've got the MGS codec on mine. I tried to do the Super Mario World notification box noise for my text messages, but it was just too short of a noise.

A friend has his text set to Navi "Hey! Listen!". It's annoying.

Even though it's a bit cheesy I had the Final Fantasy 4 Fanfare for a ringtone for a while, like in FF7:AC.

When Gamecrazy was still around in Old Bridge, NJ, one of the kids there had the "!" alert from MGS for text messages.

I now use the beginning of Xpander(from Wipeout) where the chick says "I need somebody who can move" for my message alerts.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Doctor Who theme.

There's a shitty Wii game out there, so it counts, dammit.[/QUOTE]

Ha, that's my ringtone, too. I always get the strangest looks when I forget to put it on vibrate in public.

I'm totally stealing the ME2 notification idea. I've used the victory fanfare from FF7 for forever and I'm tired of it.

I have the theme song from One Piece: Unlimited Adventure (Wii) as my ringtone since 2009 (when I got a phone where I could put custom ringtones on). I never have got to play the game due to its rarity, but I'm a huge One Piece fan and always loved this theme.

First 30 seconds of the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9-hryEOnhk

I highly considered getting the MGS codec as a ringtone last year when I played the series for the first time (beat all 4 games in a month, whatta month that was!) but ultimately didn't after having trouble finding a good sounding one and in retrospect that was probably for the best, I wouldn't want that sound to ever get annoying.

I got the killing spree from halo as my notification sound and Mario bros theme as a ringback when I get calls o and big bang theory theme as my ringtone

Defender person abduction as my text alert, Defender opening music as my ringtone. I really wanted Robotron sound from between levels, but can only find the music with the brains sound combined and I don't like it as much.

My son has Pokemon evolution as text message and one of the other music as ringtone.

My phone has a few on it. I use the MSG codec as my fiance's text tone, and random games are the rings. TMNT Arcade game Boss music for my mother, Sonic the Hedgehog for Master System, Sky Base theme is another notable.

Like I said, I use "Yell Dead Cell" for my alarm clock tone. I've been using Kratos' "Titan Slayer" theme (Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale) for my notification alert, and I'm using Ratchet and Clank "Metropolis" for my ringtone

I recently used the last bit of the item get from zelda, now I use the 1-up sound as my incoming text. I always use a Deftones song as my ringtone.

I may have to use the mgs codec or the surprised sound though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the Saints Row 4 dubstep gun as my ringtone. My video game themed notifications: Mario coin grab, Mario power up, Zelda chest open, Mass Effect 3 Banshee, and the Halo grunt birthday sound.

Use the Achievement Unlocked sound for my texts and nothing else custom so far. Would like to get a ringtone at the very least since I hate all the Verizone default ones.

I use Tiny Tina's opening jingle as my ringtone and various Captain Torque textones. You can find a ton of other Borderlands 2 Text/ring tones on the main Borderlands 2 website. 

Count me among the apparently many who use the MGS codec sound for texts.

Also use the achievement sound for FB alerts, NES Metroid item obtained sound for emails, and the NES Dragon Warrior level up tone for Twitter alerts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to use Navi shouting Hey! Listen! for texts, but I kind of grew to hate and dread the sound. Currently trying the PA chime from Arkham Asylum instead.

For calls, I've previously had the phones from Homicide and 24 (which is just Cisco. They've actually pulled files from 24 fan sites for convenience when they needed a sample for a commercial production), but the phone from Crank has had the top spot for the past few years.

Used to have Sam saying "Hey, we've got a message!" from Sam and Max Hit the Road for emails. Currently have a bewildering mix of default iOS 7 sounds that sound similar and I don't know what they mean.

I used to use Navi shouting Hey! Listen! for texts, but I kind of grew to hate and dread the sound. Currently trying the PA chime from Arkham Asylum instead.

For calls, I've previously had the phones from Homicide and 24 (which is just Cisco. They've actually pulled files from 24 fan sites for convenience when they needed a sample for a commercial production), but the phone from Crank has had the top spot for the past few years.

Used to have Sam saying "Hey, we've got a message!" from Sam and Max Hit the Road for emails. Currently have a bewildering mix of default iOS 7 sounds that sound similar and I don't know what they mean.
Do you have a link to the Homicide tone? I don't even know what it sounds like.

I loved my codec ring until I realized everyone else on the planet was using it as well. My text alert right now is the horn from Ni No Kuni. Don't even remember what my ringer is. Probably still Zero's MvC3 theme or some shit.

I have kokiri forest as my ringtone and minion saying "hello" as my text notification. I used to have ff fanfare as text notification

bread's done
Back