- - - - -

Playstation Rewards program is back!

#31 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1460 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:53 AM

Thanks OP. I just applied for it.

#32 betterdayz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

betterdayz

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:50 AM

NVM ////how do i Comment on a Sponsored Post i cant find one

Edited by betterdayz, 20 April 2011 - 04:07 AM.

#33 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7670 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:08 AM

how do i Comment on a Sponsored Post i cant find one

I don't know if there is another way of going about it, but the way I do it goes like this:

At the top, click 'Party Central', then click 'Party Talk' underneath that. From there you can see something like 258 conversations. There is a little drop down box right beside that that says 'All Conversations'. Simply click it and select 'Sponsored Conversations'.

#34 betterdayz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

betterdayz

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:27 AM

ty seen that

#35 Devil May Cry   Witty remark CAGiversary!   2776 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Devil May Cry

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:38 AM

Did they actually reject you or have you just not yet been accepted?

"This program is all about using the PS3™ to take back family time and many great parents requested to join. Unfortunately, you were not chosen to participate this time. Please note that your dashboard status for this event may continue to indicate "Active Applicant" even though you are no longer eligible to host this event. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!"

#36 oakafanforlife   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   182 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

oakafanforlife

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:40 AM

Alright, I'm all signed up and waiting. Thanks for the info, I'm hoping I get in because i'm looking forward to MLB the show 11

#37 M3wThr33   Batman with a gun. CAGiversary!   1789 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:36 AM

Anybody want to break down how 330 points is possible when I only have like 144 points to get this week?

#38 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7670 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:01 AM

Anybody want to break down how 330 points is possible when I only have like 144 points to get this week?

Upload 3 photos for a total of 60 points.
Add 3 PartyTalk posts for a total of 90 points.
Comment on 3 sponsored posts for a total of 90 points.
Comment on 3 PartyTalk posts for a total of 36 points.
Answer all 3 poll questions correctly for a total of 54 points.

60 + 90 + 90 + 36 + 54 = 330.

#39 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7670 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:04 AM

"This program is all about using the PS3™ to take back family time and many great parents requested to join. Unfortunately, you were not chosen to participate this time. Please note that your dashboard status for this event may continue to indicate "Active Applicant" even though you are no longer eligible to host this event. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!"

Ouch. I wonder why you didn't get accepted?

#40 M3wThr33   Batman with a gun. CAGiversary!   1789 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:17 AM

Upload 3 photos for a total of 60 points.
Add 3 PartyTalk posts for a total of 90 points.
Comment on 3 sponsored posts for a total of 90 points.
Comment on 3 PartyTalk posts for a total of 36 points.
Answer all 3 poll questions correctly for a total of 54 points.

60 + 90 + 90 + 36 + 54 = 330.

Thank you. This needs to be in the op. When does the week rollover, by the way? Saturday night? Monday?

#41 Devil May Cry   Witty remark CAGiversary!   2776 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Devil May Cry

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:23 AM

Ouch. I wonder why you didn't get accepted?

Not too sure, sure would love to get in on this. Oh well.

#42 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7670 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:52 AM

Thank you. This needs to be in the op. When does the week rollover, by the way? Saturday night? Monday?

Well, it says Period Ends April 21, 2011 11:59 PM EDT, so I'm assuming that's when the first week ends.

#43 nakanenui   O-O CAGiversary!   1855 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:44 PM

Just signed up, said May 15 for application accept/reject. Would love to get in for easy rewards program and great prizes. OP said he got a move and a whole bunch of stuff, wow, for not very much time invested this sounds great. And a cool avatar thing too right?

#44 JamesFerguson   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   341 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

JamesFerguson

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:16 PM

Just signed up, said May 15 for application accept/reject. Would love to get in for easy rewards program and great prizes. OP said he got a move and a whole bunch of stuff, wow, for not very much time invested this sounds great. And a cool avatar thing too right?

That was for previous House Parties. Right now it looks like the best prize you can get is a copy of MLB: The Show 2011.

#45 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13760 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:38 PM

Ok I signed up, we'll see how it goes.

I'm a little confused about the prizes...first two are for add-ons to the MLB game...and the higher prize is the actual game. Wouldn't it seem logical that most people who are trying to get the game would have no use for the first two prizes and maybe something else should be offered?

#46 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7670 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:54 PM

Ok I signed up, we'll see how it goes.

I'm a little confused about the prizes...first two are for add-ons to the MLB game...and the higher prize is the actual game. Wouldn't it seem logical that most people who are trying to get the game would have no use for the first two prizes and maybe something else should be offered?

From what I understand, the first two aren't actually add-ons for the game, but rather some sort of contest entry. There's a FAQ somewhere, but the site is so messy, I doubt I'll ever be able to find it again.

#47 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3080 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:30 PM

I can't find it either, but yes, they are entries for some sort of weekly contest that they do.

#48 SmashMan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

SmashMan

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:22 AM

From what I understand, the first two aren't actually add-ons for the game, but rather some sort of contest entry. There's a FAQ somewhere, but the site is so messy, I doubt I'll ever be able to find it again.

The "Challenge of the Week" is MLB 11's in-game micro-transaction money-making machine. It's a batter vs. pitcher matchup where you're tasked to string together hits (and other specific goals) to rack up the most points. The weekly winner wins whatever the prize is. There is also a monthly prize. You get one free try per week and any subsequent tries are $.25 (like old arcade machines). It's pretty crazy to check the leaderboards and see how many attempts some people are making.

It is weird that the main prize is the game you need to be able to use either of the two lesser prizes.

#49 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3080 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:06 AM

It is weird that the main prize is the game you need to be able to use either of the two lesser prizes.

I know, right? To earn the maximum number of points, you have to take pictures of your family playing the game, which seems really silly if you're earning the points so you can get a copy of the damn thing!

#50 SmashMan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

SmashMan

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:29 AM

I know, right? To earn the maximum number of points, you have to take pictures of your family playing the game, which seems really silly if you're earning the points so you can get a copy of the damn thing!

I see one is a picture of playing as the Giants, which can be done in the demo. ...so I guess there's that.

The Challenge of the Week prizes are nice for those (like me) who own the game but won't spend actual money on tries for the mode when I know I have no shot at winning.

I wonder if every month will be as weird with its' prize structuring.

#51 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7670 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:32 AM

Well, hey, look who's number 7 on the leaderboards. ;)

#52 femmebot33   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   81 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

femmebot33

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:13 AM

They don't really expect you to have the game but to download the demo and try it.

#53 TheCro   wot CAGiversary!   4609 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:53 PM

Got in, but I feel like it's too late to earn enough points to get the game this time.

#54 dyeknom   Now in 2D CAGiversary!   3485 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:01 PM

That was for previous House Parties. Right now it looks like the best prize you can get is a copy of MLB: The Show 2011.

No, everything in the OP was either rewards from the group itself, either for the month or included the New Years Eve House Party party pack (exclusively for VIP Rewards people). LBP2, HVB, The Shoot/Kung Fu Rider w/ gun, DLC/Themes/Home items were all from the monthly stuff, while the Sports Champion Bundle/Singstar were from the NYE house party.

Got in, but I feel like it's too late to earn enough points to get the game this time.

Did you get in during the last week or starting this week? If you got in, the most you can earn from this period is 660 pts. If you got in last week, this "month" runs through May 8th, so you have 2 weeks left (or the full 990 points)

#55 Brenex   Cobra Commander CAGiversary!   1309 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:02 PM

"Congrats – You’re Part of the PlayStation® Online Rewards Program"

Once you are in will you be good to go for the future months and promotions? Or is this a one time thing with MLB this month for the foreseeable future. The title of the thread says, "is back" so that's where I'm confused (at least at the point where I would need to reapply for future months.)

#56 dyeknom   Now in 2D CAGiversary!   3485 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:04 PM

"Congrats – You’re Part of the PlayStation® Online Rewards Program"

Once you are in will you be good to go for the future months and promotions? Or is this a one time thing with MLB this month for the foreseeable future. The title of the thread says, "is back" so that's where I'm confused.

Once you are in, you're good until the end of the program (I think it was renewed for 1 yr rather than 6 months).

#57 TheCro   wot CAGiversary!   4609 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:08 PM

No, everything in the OP was either rewards from the group itself, either for the month or included the New Years Eve House Party party pack (exclusively for VIP Rewards people). LBP2, HVB, The Shoot/Kung Fu Rider w/ gun, DLC/Themes/Home items were all from the monthly stuff, while the Sports Champion Bundle/Singstar were from the NYE house party.

Did you get in during the last week or starting this week? If you got in, the most you can earn from this period is 660 pts. If you got in last week, this "month" runs through May 8th, so you have 2 weeks left (or the full 990 points)

Got in today. I guess I'll just use this week to learn how the program works.

#58 Nizno   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   22 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:19 PM

How come some ppl have a lot of pts...is there a way out outside of the challenges to add pts as well?

#59 dyeknom   Now in 2D CAGiversary!   3485 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:42 PM

Those people started a day earlier than the program officially began, and accrued points before then i believe.

#60 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1460 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:22 PM

I just got in today. Too bad I can't get the game at this point. I think people get accepted and rejected based on the questions they answered. For the options of interests and parties you would like to host I selected almost every option. I tried to appear as the "target" audience in every way possible.