- - - - -

Playstation Rewards program is back!

#1231 Zmonkay   Awesome in Small Doses CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:18 PM

Ugh, I think I'll prolly stick with my $3.00 Walmart aviators. Not bad, but ah well, they're free right?

Edit: and just to be clear, we don't need to do anything to earn points again until the 12 when the next round starts, right? Sometimes the website doesn't show up right for me so just making sure I'm not missing something.

#1232 SmashMan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

SmashMan

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:53 PM

Last month, I received my prizes by the 15th.

Not a big deal either or since thats only 5 days from now. Since they ship fedex it shouldnt be more than 5 days extra.

Yeah, it's not a big deal either way. I'm just moving next month so I'm getting some packing done this week while I have free time so an ETA would be cool so I can keep an eye out. Their wording confused me.

#1233 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8233 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:30 PM

It opens up so you can wear it...

I know that, lol. It still doesn't fit :roll:

#1234 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8233 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:36 PM

Ugh, I think I'll prolly stick with my $3.00 Walmart aviators. Not bad, but ah well, they're free right?

Edit: and just to be clear, we don't need to do anything to earn points again until the 12 when the next round starts, right? Sometimes the website doesn't show up right for me so just making sure I'm not missing something.

You can post on the site to see what people are anticipating for the prizes, and their comment on the previous month's challenges etc. Tuesday can't come fast enough, wait it'll be here before you know it.

#1235 dabsac80   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   361 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:35 PM

I had those same doubts, but Motorstorm doesn't exactly represent family gaming the way the previous games have. The program seems to be more PS3-oriented and less family-oriented this time around.

...and I'd bet on inFamous 2. Looking around the site, some photos have been uploaded by the account that uploaded the newest Summer image.

Posted Image

So the July period is open for guessing. :lol:

The lightning bolts surrounding the image lead me to lean towards inFamous 2 for June.

Found this way back on page 33. Looks like a solid clue to what the next challenge will be. I'm guessing resistance double pack, only because it kinda fits in with the dependence day theme.

#1236 Strigol   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   277 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:45 PM

sounds like resistance to me as well..hey maybe we'll get lucky and get Resistance 3 early....One can hope can't they...

#1237 SmashMan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

SmashMan

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:07 PM

Found this way back on page 33. Looks like a solid clue to what the next challenge will be. I'm guessing resistance double pack, only because it kinda fits in with the dependence day theme.

Hey, I posted that! :D

I don't know if it still applies, to be honest. Now all they have on the party page is a graphic for July 12th. Maybe they're dropping the "Dependence Day" theme? It just seems stupid to create a new graphic (leaving out the theme name) when they already had one made a month ago.

Obviously all speculation on my part.

#1238 M3wThr33   Batman with a gun. CAGiversary!   1772 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:11 PM

I'm guessing it's the Playstation Move Bundle of the new Tiger Woods game.

#1239 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8233 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:58 PM

I hope it's not the double pack. I have both of them already...

#1240 Captain Urahara   Praise The Sun CAGiversary!   2942 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Captain Urahara

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:36 AM

I hope it's not the double pack. I have both of them already...

I hope it is, as I have neither of them.

Truth be told the M rating for the both of them makes me think it won't be them though.

#1241 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7605 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:04 AM

Meh, I'm not too interested in the Resistance pack, but free is free and I won't complain if that happens to be the prize. I have played the hell out of them both though, so I'll likely end up trading it in or giving it to a friend.

#1242 Redeema   Refuses to pay full price CAGiversary!   5850 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:23 AM

Let's make the list again of upcoming SCEA software according to the GameStop website:

*Tiger Woods Move Bundle (I thought this was a joke mentioned earlier, but apparently not. SCEA is listed as the publisher, not sure why, though.) 7/12
*Resistance 3 (there's a Doomsday edition that retails for $150 with the Move rifle and controllers) 9/6 [Rated M]
*God of War Origins Collection 9/13 [Rated M]
*Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection 9/27
*Wireless Stereo Headset 10/01
*Twisted Metal 10/4
* Ratchet and Clank All 4 One 10/18
*Carnival Island 10/18 (We'll be getting this one almost for sure eventually)
*Everybody Dance 10/18
*Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest 10/18
*Uncharted 3 11/1
*PlayStation 3D Display (Please let this be a prize) 11/26
*EyePet & Friends 12/1
*Sorcery 12/31
*Starhawk 2/1/2012
*the rest is 2012

The only thing that's coming out in this next month according to this is the Tiger Woods game. That might take care of a couple things, those of us who don't have Move controllers and a game. Of course they can always regift something from the past, go digital (maybe even a PSN card?), or who knows.

#1243 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7605 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:33 AM

You know what I think would be a cool prize set?

Tier 1: $10 PSN credit
Tier 2: $20 PSN credit
Tier 3: $50 PSN credit

That's about the cost of the new games they've been giving out, so it all equals out and it makes sense. Not with the theme of course, but it'd be an easy way for them to catch up.

#1244 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15423 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:35 AM

That's about the cost of the new games they've been giving out, so it all equals out and it makes sense. Not with the theme of course, but it'd be an easy way for them to catch up.

I would LOVE for this to happen. I kinda doubt it, though.

#1245 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7605 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:38 AM

I would LOVE for this to happen. I kinda doubt it, though.

I could actually see it happening. It's a lot easier then shipping out a bunch of individual prizes. You get an email with your code and bam, it's done.

It'd be even cooler if they stacked, so if you got to Tier 3, you got $80 PSN credit. :lol:

#1246 Captain Urahara   Praise The Sun CAGiversary!   2942 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Captain Urahara

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:40 AM

I could actually see it happening. It's a lot easier then shipping out a bunch of individual prizes. You get an email with your code and bam, it's done.

It'd be even cooler if they stacked, so if you got to Tier 3, you got $80 PSN credit. :lol:

As much as I would love for some free PSN credit, I hope it's not that because of my email problems with HouseParty.

#1247 Zmonkay   Awesome in Small Doses CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:27 AM

That would be fantastic, as generic is that is.

The 12th may be a good day (PSN Summer Sale and meh announcement) or a great day (PSN Summer Sale and kick ass prize pack). Either way, I can't wait :D

(will pre-emptively offer Resistance or Uncharted combo pack in trade for PS Move Heroes, as I already have both games from either pack if that's the prize ;)

#1248 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6447 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:21 AM

Naturally it costs Sony less to print a game, ship a game and all that than 50 usd. If they went that route I could see MAYBE 20 usd + 3 - 1 year of plus. However I dont see that happening.

#1249 Redeema   Refuses to pay full price CAGiversary!   5850 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:10 AM

Zmonkay, you've got a potential deal.

#1250 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8233 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:45 AM

I would love that or the Tiger Woods Bundle. I love my sports games.

#1251 SMY36738   3D Dot Game Link!! CAGiversary!   5463 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:39 PM

The Resistance Double Pack comes out next week- so I am definitely thinking that this is the prize. I already have most of these prizes... boo! At least I don't have inFMAOUS 2!

#1252 nbballard   glad you didnt say banana CAGiversary!   3231 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:42 PM

I haven't been to the store to confirm it, but i believe the dual pack came out on 07/05.

#1253 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6447 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:18 PM

The Resistance Double Pack comes out next week- so I am definitely thinking that this is the prize. I already have most of these prizes... boo! At least I don't have inFMAOUS 2!

I believe last week since I've seen them in person. They're not that bad since they're just the two games in a slipcover.

#1254 Redeema   Refuses to pay full price CAGiversary!   5850 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:21 PM

Yeah, I just got an email that says that the dual pack is in stores now.

#1255 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8233 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:36 PM

Yeah, I just got an email that says that the dual pack is in stores now.

Same here. I'll most likely sell my copy since I already own both of them.

#1256 dabsac80   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   361 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:10 AM

looks like they did a complete remodel of the house party website hopefully it will be much easier to navigate now

#1257 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15423 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:09 AM

Hopefully they fixed whatever it is that constantly signs me out.

#1258 Captain Urahara   Praise The Sun CAGiversary!   2942 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Captain Urahara

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:19 AM

Has this redesign screwed up anyone else's party?

At the top left of my page it says

Welcome to the party!

You’re almost there. Please check your inbox for a link to confirm your registration.

But at the bottom left it says my application is under consideration.
Of course I have no freaking email from them and have had trouble getting there emails. I swear if this throws me out of the party I will rage so hard.

Well I did some searching on the site and found a page explaining to not be alarmed and that we should ignore the new party page for now. Link - http://www.housepart...ion_view/838984

I still requested they resend me the link to verify my account, which they did. The party still shows as an application, though I assume this will be for everyone and that everyone, or at least almost everyone, will be auto-accepted in from last time.

#1259 Chemosh013   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1956 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Chemosh013

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:23 AM

Has this redesign screwed up anyone else's party?

At the top left of my page it says

But at the bottom left it says my application is under consideration.
Of course I have no freaking email from them and have had trouble getting there emails. I swear if this throws me out of the party I will rage so hard.

Wouldn't worry too much. I noticed this on one of the pages:

Don't be alarmed!

Your PlayStation rewards program did not disappear. But since we've updated houseparty.com, this page is a placeholder.

Please ignore the "My Party" info and check back on July 12 when we go live with a whole new theme,...

#1260 Captain Urahara   Praise The Sun CAGiversary!   2942 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Captain Urahara

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:25 AM

Already found that out and corrected myself Chemosh013. Thanks for the heads-up though.