Cannot log onto Youtube without Google account?

steve_k

CAGiversary!
I cannot log onto Youtube and am given an error message that must first create a Google e-mail account and link that account to my Youtube username. Apparently, I can no longer link my Hotmail acccount to my Youtube username.

Am I the only person who can no longer log onto Youtube with a Hotmail account, or was there some news I missed? This seems like it would have been pretty big news, but I heard nothing. What's the association between Youtube and Google? Does everyone who wants to post comments or videos on Youtube now have to create a Google e-mail account first? Does Google own Youtube? What's the deal? What if I don't want to create yet another e-mail addres with yet another username and password to remember?

Google purchased youtube back in late 2006. I am not sure when they started requiring gmail email accounts, but it makes sense as they are one in the same.

Just create a gmail account though, there is no reason not to. Much better than hotmail.

Youtube started requiring gmail accounts not too long ago as I was told I had to link mine not too long ago. I'm going to say they made it mandatory back in...Feburary?

Yeah, that happened to me a while back. They forced me to link a gmail account for Youtube. And considering my general opinion is "fuck Google", I was not pleased.

bread's done
Back