- - - - -

iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) / Mac App Stores -- Ongoing Sales

#3001 CodeWarMonkey   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   30 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

CodeWarMonkey

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:10 PM

The Big Fish sale is great. I purchased and played Drawn (http://appshopper.co...ainted-tower-hd), Mahjong Towers Touch (http://appshopper.co...s-touch-hd-full), and Haunted Manor HD (http://appshopper.co...mirrors-hd-full). All of these games are great and definitely worth a $1.

#3002 caltab   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1644 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:29 PM

I bought 20 bucks worth of big fish games this morning. They are one of my favorite developers. I had all the other titles from their last sale. They don't do the .99 sale all that often. I think of all the big fish games I've played, Drawn is probably the best.

#3003 tenchim86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

Zombie Highway just dropped to free for the first time!! Get on it!

http://itunes.apple....d376412160?mt=8

I highly recommend this game. I bought it when it was $0.99 and it's great. Free must be even better.

#3004 ddp72984   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   698 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:46 PM

Too bad none of the EA apps for the Touchpad are on sale...fuckers.

Which sega ones are on special?

#3005 DtotheP   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   708 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:54 PM

There seem to be very few point-and-click adventures unique to iOS, let alone good ones. The only ones I can think of are Dream:scape (which is a 3D first-person title), Hector (the one iOS-exclusive series from TellTale) and Scarlett and the Spark of Life (which does not have an iPad version). The latter two are episodic if that matters to you.

Hector isn't iOS exclusive.

Also Jim and Frank adventures isn't quite an adventure game, it's more like Professor Layton, but it's a very good game, definite recommend.

#3006 rapsodist   My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip CAGiversary!   3121 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:39 PM

Hector isn't iOS exclusive.

Also Jim and Frank adventures isn't quite an adventure game, it's more like Professor Layton, but it's a very good game, definite recommend.

After your comment on Hector, I looked it up, and you're certainly right now. It was iOS-exclusive for nearly a year before getting Windows and Mac ports. I simply hadn't been aware of these ports. Thanks for the correction.

I'll check out Jim and Frank next time it goes on sale. I'm always on the lookout for games like Professor Layton!

#3007 mujahid9   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   63 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

mujahid9

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:41 AM

on sale, Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim - .99

http://itunes.apple....d455219788?mt=8

strategy game - HeroCraft/Paradox
fate marches with us!!!

#3008 FuzTurtle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   119 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

FuzTurtle

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:34 AM

should i get dead space for my ipad 1 or iphone 4?

iPad, the space on the iPad makes it easier to move around.

#3009 RollingSkull   Banned Banned   6307 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

RollingSkull

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:38 AM

EA is also dropping for Labor Day prices on some Surviving High School and Cause of Death DLC. I already own most of it and they're rather stingy with what they're giving out. They seem like they want to milk more money out of these franchises but the sales ARE nice for those looking to catch up.

I can't check the prices very well because I own most of this DLC but it looks like Cause of Death is willing to part with Volume 2 cheap, SHS has updated to give everyone The New Girl for free and is offering the first section of Season 3 on the cheap.

Played more Chateau Moreau and man is it weird. Every single ending you get contradicts almost all the others (Literally, characters motivations and actions WILL CHANGE COMPLETELY depending on the game over endings you get.) and a few feel kinda gratuitous. Fair warning, INSTADEATHS happen starting act 3, so you need to get saving before conversations. Also, leaving the mansion at each chapter is its own INSTADEATH which you want to do if you want to collect all the endings.

Lousy music hurts the game's atmosphere. The puzzles aren't bad but they are all abstract button pushing, combination finding Myst reject crud. They never expand too far beyond the basics but they also find a good point to sit to require thought but not necessarily get so cute as to enrage.

Conversation battles remain, again, patently obvious stuff.

The plot has kinda plodded along with red herrings and nonsense without really explaining anything going on behind the scenes, and any explanation you CAN get usually requires you to die, and thus it's probably just "for that ending only" anyway.

There's no logical sense to these divergent endings. They hurt the atmosphere, kill the stakes, ruin tension, etc etc.

That said, it's still a solid, enjoyable game, but after playing the endlessly charming, intelligent, and clever Hector Ep 2, having to get into this contrived, plodding, run here and talk to this dude then put the emblem in the thing and read the cryptic clue to get the passcode roller coaster is just a jarring transition.

Don't get me wrong, I do LIKE Chateau Moreau (Well, on average) but right now it's all riding on the ending. A middling-to-bad one is going to make me curse my wasted fiver and time.

#3010 rapsodist   My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip CAGiversary!   3121 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:45 AM

Space Miner just dropped:

0.99 for iPhone/iPod
http://appshopper.co...-space-ore-bust

1.99 for iPad
http://appshopper.co.../space-miner-hd

#3011 InvaderZim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1286 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

InvaderZim

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:11 PM

The Big Fish sale is great. I purchased and played Drawn (http://appshopper.co...ainted-tower-hd), Mahjong Towers Touch (http://appshopper.co...s-touch-hd-full), and Haunted Manor HD (http://appshopper.co...mirrors-hd-full). All of these games are great and definitely worth a $1.

I have 4 or 5 hours into Drawn and enjoy it. My son who also likes it. Very much worth a buck.

#3012 Dimsdale   OpenFeint: Dimms CAGiversary!   2161 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Dimsdale

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:31 PM

Wooords is currently available for FREE. I picked this up when it was on "sale" for .99 and can recommend it as a definite download freebie if you like word games.
"Wooords is a freeform wooord game with unique fridge magnet gameplay that removes all distractions, it's just you and the letters. Touch, move and combine letters to discover as many words as possible. Create combos, earn points, increase your IQ. Each puzzle has one or more nine letter words that offers maximum points. Compete with your friends, compete with the world or just challenge yourself."

Nintaii is also available for FREE for the first time.
"Nintaii is an award winning, brain twisting puzzle game of rolling blocks and switches! The Japanese term “nintaii” means “patience, perseverance, or endurance.” Can you use your patience to make it through all 100 levels??"

#3013 Stimes   Get Some! CAGiversary!   2205 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:43 PM

I picked up Edge Extended for $.99 it's a pretty sweet game, It's 70% off as an intro price
http://appshopper.co...s/edge-extended

Words With Friends are on sale for a buck
iPad 
http://appshopper.co...with-friends-hd
iPhone 
http://appshopper.co...ds-with-friends

#3014 xXI SPECTER IXx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   758 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

xXI SPECTER IXx

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:52 PM

Hey o0achilles0o, I didn't receive an invite to my other email. Can you please send me an invite so I can get a spymouse code to my other account

hernandez.jasoncsudh@gmail.com

Thank You

#3015 drock   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:08 PM

on sale, Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim - .99

http://itunes.apple....d455219788?mt=8

strategy game - HeroCraft/Paradox

Thanks for the heads-up! Love these games on the PC, hopefully the iPad version is pretty good.

#3016 KefkaKrist   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   9 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

KefkaKrist

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:08 PM

Get a free copy of Number Hunt for iOS by sending an email to LogiCL.Games@gmail.com with subject "iOSApp:" (no quotes, yes colon).

#3017 DtotheP   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   708 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:15 PM

Chess with Friends is on sale for the first time evar, and it hit the $1 sweet spot to boot.

#3018 DtotheP   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   708 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:17 PM

After your comment on Hector, I looked it up, and you're certainly right now. It was iOS-exclusive for nearly a year before getting Windows and Mac ports. I simply hadn't been aware of these ports. Thanks for the correction.

I think Hector is even ahead on pc now because they're on ep. 3. Steam had 1-3 on sale last week; not sure if they still are.

#3019 o0achilles0o   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   654 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

o0achilles0o

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:50 PM

Get a free copy of Number Hunt for iOS by sending an email to LogiCL.Games@gmail.com with subject "iOSApp:" (no quotes, yes colon).

So after getting my code, I know why they're giving them away. This is hands-down, the ugliest, least-polished game I've ever downloaded for my iPhone. DON'T waste your time.

#3020 xXI SPECTER IXx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   758 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

xXI SPECTER IXx

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:45 PM

Thank you o0achilles0o for hooking me up with a copy of spy mouse!

#3021 Makeshift Gray   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   870 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Makeshift Gray

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:32 AM

Semi-relevant question. I just got an iPad, and I'm thinking about buying Dead Space HD. I've already got the SD version. I transferred my Infinity Blade save file using iPhone Explorer...can I do the same with Dead Space? Will my SD save work with the HD game? Or would I have to start over?

#3022 willynateDgreat   2OLD2GAME CAGiversary!   377 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

willynateDgreat

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:31 AM

Spreadsheet addition
Willynate@gmail.com

Thanks guys!
Posted Image

#3023 KefkaKrist   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   9 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

KefkaKrist

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:31 AM

So after getting my code, I know why they're giving them away. This is hands-down, the ugliest, least-polished game I've ever downloaded for my iPhone. DON'T waste your time.

Referencing:

Thanks for the feedback. :)

#3024 Dimsdale   OpenFeint: Dimms CAGiversary!   2161 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Dimsdale

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:35 AM

Candy Boy is the new OpenFeint FGOTD.
"Being a candy boy is never as easy as it looks! Casper woke up one day, intent on making more of his delicious candy, only to find that Candy World had been attacked by ravenous candy-hungry worms. Where did these worms come from? And why do they love candy so much? It doesn't matter! Casper must stop them before they eat his entire world!
Control Casper in Candy Boy, an amazing adventure combining match-3 and platform puzzles unlike anything else!"

MindJolt is the current FAAD main game.
"Your most beloved MindJolt games are now on the iPhone
and iPod Touch! MindJolt for iPhone features an ever-growing list of cool, high-quality games for you to enjoy!
Features:
- Play a growing number of games from a single app!
- Share your scores with friends through Facebook and Twitter!
- Compete with friends and strangers through categorized online leader boards!"

iDelta Force
is the Great App a Day feature.
"Force is the most exciting helicopter air combat action game ever on iphone that makes you fly and fight over 8 unique environments packed with full action. The aim of the game is to destroy your enemies, increase your score and become the best agent of iDeltaForce. On top of that you get exciting powers as you go on to destroy them all. The points are calculated by the number of enemy planes that you shoot down. Using touch controls move your Heli around, fire missiles and drop the missiles."

#3025 laseractive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

laseractive

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:41 AM

The Big Fish sale finished off the last of my iTunes gift card. I'm tempted to get another one for some of the Namco Bandai games on sale. House of Glass looks like a nice Tangram puzzle game for $1.99 and Stroke of Midnight seems like a cool adventure game for the same price.

#3026 iowaholdem   Tooters CAGiversary!   2007 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:41 AM

Can this semi-lurker get a Spy Mouse hookup for the wife?

Posted Image

#3027 TriciaJ   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   6 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2011 - 03:18 AM

I second the megaplex madness recommendation by big fish. I downloaded it this morning and have spent several hours of enjoyment. I also purchased Hospital Haste (big fish) and it's not bad. It reminds me a lot of hotel dash in how it's played.
Tricia

#3028 Dimsdale   OpenFeint: Dimms CAGiversary!   2161 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Dimsdale

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:47 AM

Tap Disc has dropped to FREE for the first time.
"Tap Disc is an entirely new kind of game unlike anything you have played before. Combining elements of timed tapping and color matching, Tap Disc offers a unique challenge that was created just for the iDevice platform.
Use your finger to collect white, orange and red discs as they ricochet around the playing field. The timing and placement of your taps control which color discs you can collect. The goal is to collect as many discs as possible and earn points while making sure the colored discs don't collide with the big bad black and yellow disc.
The basic gameplay is simple and addictive and only gets more exciting with combos, power-ups, challenges and many other surprises."

#3029 laseractive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

laseractive

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:10 PM

Fruit Ninja HD has dropped to 99 cents, though I have to admit I thought it was always 99 cents. http://appshopper.co.../fruit-ninja-hd

#3030 zeb06   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2008 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:25 PM

You can't use credit on gifts with iTunes

Actually, you can...unless they recently changed that. Earlier this year I traded quite a few times on here with Wii gifted games for iTunes gifted games that each of us had credit for and didnt want.

793315.png