Disgaea 4 NISA 4/21/11 Update *Infos/Pics on the 9 figurines* Price/Reminder Links

popaloo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
NISA's pre-order Email Reminder
"Dear valued customer,

You recently signed up for a Preorder Reminder for Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten, which we thank you for! Due to a larger than expected number of reminders submitted, we began to worry that we may not be ordering enough of the figures and we also decided to offer a Standard Edition for customers more interested in saving a buck than bonus contents. If you could please resubmit your preorder reminder on the edition of Disgaea 4 you're most interested in purchasing, it would me much appreciated. Doing so will also help ensure that we order enough figures and standard copies to have you covered! Simply click one of 3 Disgaea 4 editions below to be taken to their preorder reminder sign-up pages. We ask that you please resubmit your reminder by the end of the week!

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and company!
If you have any questions or concerns, you can reply to this e-mail or click our address below.
Have an awesome day, dood!"

Picture
media.nl
Disgaea 4 Premium Figure Set Includes:
• Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten Premium Box
- Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten for PS3
- Full color, softcover artbook
- Fuka figurine (NOT AS PICTURED - not a Nendodroid like the JAP version)
• Complete Disgaea 4 Nine Figure Set ($72 value)
• Free Bonus Disgaea 4 OST

---------------------------------------------119.99 USD
http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Disgaea-4-Set-Preorder-Reminder-

Picture
media.nl
Disgaea 4 Premium Edition Includes:
• Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten Premium Box
- Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten for PS3
- Full color, softcover artbook
- Fuka figurine
(NOT AS PICTURED - not a Nendodroid like the JAP version)
----------------------------------------------59.99 USD
http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Disgaea-4-PE-Preorder-Reminder

Picture
media.nl
Disgaea 4 Standard Edition Includes:
• Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten for PS3

----------------------------------------------49.99 USD
http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Disgaea-4-SE-Preorder-Reminder

*Updated 4/21/2011* More infos/Pictures on the 9 figurines (Official NISA pre-order page is now updated to reflect the actual product being shipped)

*Updated 4/20/2011*
"Prinny is the last figurine in the Super Premium Edition of 10 figurines" - Siliconera

Both Super Premium Edition (Priced 119.99 U.S.D)/ Premium Edition (Priced 59.99 U.S.D) Confirmed Facts
------------------------------------------------------------------------

9 Figurines priced (60 U.S.D)
- From the popular anime series Makai Senki Disgaea (based off the game Disgaea) comes this fun figure collection by Shishikuiya.
- Terrific sculpting and paint work having been put into these excellent figures cast in high quality PVC.
Picture
8ff295ca.jpg
Picture
b0b0d32e.jpg
Picture
1948a884.jpg
- Magnetic Base
Picture
7b36a090.jpg
- The figures vary in size ranging from 5-6 cm (1.9 - 2.4 inches) and come to you prepainted, ready to display out of the box.
Picture
26e658af.jpg
Picture
db85a0d4.jpg
Different Box from ichinichijiiu (Courtesy of eau)
CIMG6228.JPG
CIMG6230.JPG
CIMG6229.JPG
- The Preorder listing for this from other sites seems to point to a 80-90 USD listing.
http://www.jbox.com/product/YYN872

Fuka Figurine included with both Premium Editions
- "Unfortunately, the Fuka figure that comes with the Premium Set is NOT the Nendoroid figure. It's the one that comes with the full set of PVC figures. So if you order the Super Premium you get the Fuka PVC as well as 9 other unique figures. As for why we're not getting the Nendoroid...I have no idea. I asked around, and it seems like the decision was made higher up the food chain." Houk (NISA Rep)

Questions/Answers (Consolidated from this thread)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------- NISA Shipping cost?
Answers - Free, 7-10 business days (Sturdy refrigerator box)
------------- NISA tax?
Answers - No tax (Confirmed for WA, OR, TX)
------------- Do NISA charge before shipping?
Answers - No (Based on on previous NISA orders)
------------- Why even post this if its MSRP?
Answers - NIS America is a small translation/localization companies and games they license in N.A are *almost* always in limited quanitities (Trinity/Neptunia/Ar Tonelico)
Answers - Likely won't see it in a Target Clearance (Chances are they won't even carry it) or bargain Bin at TRUs or Amazon gold box.

------------- Release Date for D4?
Answers - September (no specific date as of 4/19/11)
------------- Preorder Date?
Answers - July (No specific date as of 4/19/11)
------------- Which Retailer will carry it?
Answers - "Amazon, Gamestop, Frys and of course [NISA]" (NISA customer rep.'s replies)
------------- Will other retailers (beside NISA) carry ONLY the Standard Edition or will the Premium also be included (Fuka)?
------------- NISA exclusive bonus?
Answers - Disgaea 4 OST (Original Soundtrack)
Answers - Super Premium Edition /w the highly debated 9 figurines

Last edited by a moderator:
Might buy one, but will they charge me before shipping? Also, is it easy to cancel the order if something comes up?

The premium edition would be good enough for me.

Don't feel like spending an extra $60 for 9 figures that I don't know much about and have no space to display anyway. Those figures look like some glorified version of Gashapon or Happy Meal toys. Are they not?

Premium Edition as well.

However...knowing that the standard edition of the game is $49.99...I have a feeling the combined cost of the all the DLC will be $59.99 for this game too. T__T

Which makes me wonder if NISA will make the Disgaea 3 Complete DLC Pack on sale as a promotion for Disgaea 4 later down the road...

[quote name='eau']The premium edition would be good enough for me.

Don't feel like spending an extra $60 for 9 figures that I don't know much about and have no space to display anyway. Those figures look like some glorified version of Gashapon or Happy Meal toys. Are they not?[/QUOTE]

The one you get in the $60 is. The 9 ones in the $120 are higher quality.

EDIT: And fix your links OP -_-

[quote name='mikejenks']Cheapassgamer deals forum: the place to read about $120 games that come with a few figurines.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not much of a deal...dood...

[quote name='o_O']The one you get in the $60 is. The 9 ones in the $120 are higher quality.

EDIT: And fix your links OP -_-[/QUOTE]
Completely the opposite. The $60 is the high quality one, it's a Nendoroid, a well known Japanese line of figures that normally cost in the line of $30 each so you're getting a good deal with the game. The 9 figures are of much, much lower quality, probably only a little higher that gachas. If they were higher quality than the Nendoroid, I'd jump on it

Hope the middle one is available at other retailers. Would like to get it at Amazon instead. Sucks that they replaced the nendoroid Fuka figure with another one. That one looked pretty cool. Guess this one's a lot cheaper since the cost is only $60 for the package.

[quote name='ithebigc']Completely the opposite. The $60 is the high quality one, it's a Nendoroid, a well known Japanese line of figures that normally cost in the line of $30 each so you're getting a good deal with the game. The 9 figures are of much, much lower quality, probably only a little higher that gachas. If they were higher quality than the Nendoroid, I'd jump on it[/QUOTE]

How do you know the other nine are not of high quality? If you're just judging from the pic, I don't think that's a good estimate. If the Fuka figurine is a nendoroid, then it's definitely the Good Smile Company that's making them and we'll be sure that it's made from high grade PVC. I'm guessing the other 9 are of the same kind too, since it's much easier to make them if they're in a set.

BTW, I don't know where you're getting your nendoroids from, but $30 is too steep. Most likely it's the list price, which eventually decreases with time. Otherwise, people would just buy cheaper, bigger, and better scaled figures from other companies.

I usually see prices around this range:
http://www.play-asia.com/Nendoroid_...PVC_Figure_K/paOS-13-71-8x-49-en-70-46do.html

[quote name='popaloo']Answers - NIS America is a small translation/localization companies and games they publish in N.A are ALWAYS in limited quanitities.
- D4 is no exception.

- It also means you won't see it in a Target Clearance (Chances are Target won't even carry it) or bargain Bin at TRUs or Amazon gold box.[/QUOTE]
Umm... no? NISA games go on clearance at places like Target and Best Buy or deals on Amazon all the time.

Stop trying to glorify your beloved niche company. The only thing that is true is the overexpensive $120 version will probably sell out to pre-orders, because fans eat that stuff up. For people who couldn't care less about goods and just want the game, waiting for the inevitable price bomb is completely fine.

Yowsers.

I was feeling the one with all the figurines but that price point is pretty hard to swallow. I'll be going for the $60 edition as well.

I'm going with the $119 one. If they are extremely limited I could just sell those figurines and break even, or make a couple of bucks. :p

[quote name='artego']Umm... no? NISA games go on clearance at places like Target and Best Buy or deals on Amazon all the time.

Stop trying to glorify your beloved niche company. The only thing that is true is the overexpensive $120 version will probably sell out to pre-orders, because fans eat that stuff up. For people who couldn't care less about goods and just want the game, waiting for the inevitable price bomb is completely fine.[/QUOTE]

Ar Tonelico was never at target
Same with Neptunia and Trinity

Each GS only carried 2-3 copies of each. compare to the 10-15+ copies of Black Ops that's still sitting behind the counter.

Try doing a search for Trinity/Neptunia/Ar Tonelico on amazon and find me a clearance-price copies.

The only thing on amazon from NISA that's affordable would be D3, and that's been around since close to the launch of Ps3 and is the ONLY title that sells well enough to warrant reprints (GS had a recent reprint of Trinity though, and Rorona just sucked so it sat on GS shelves until they were marked down to 29.99)

----------------------------------------------
Hah defending you say?

Neptunia was fan-shoveled service crap
Likewise with Trinity Universe.
Alchemist of Rorona is bland and boring.
Ar Tonelico was over-the-top with the innuendos, but at least the game play was decent.
D3 and 4 was the only games out of them i couldn't really nitpick too much.

All i was trying to prove was that its hard to come by a copy of NISA games compared to anything Ubisoft/EA releases that's bound to have overstocked CE/LE waiting to drop.

As for the actual $60 figurines, i was against them from the start.

Seriously. after looking at that picture, it's hard to justify spending a full 60.

The 59.99 premium edition is the way to go.

[quote name='o_O']The one you get in the $60 is. The 9 ones in the $120 are higher quality.

EDIT: And fix your links OP -_-[/QUOTE]

Got it

The figures are not going to be a bad investment, IF you want to spend the $60. You can flip them on eBay for at least (prolly close to after fees) that much, if you don't think so you're a dumbass.

But whether people want to keep them or try to get a profit is the real question. I can't justify $60 for figures.

But, D4 (game only) will have a price drop eventually. Like I mentioned in the other thread, they will not underprint their only decent franchise. The Premium Box won't drop though, like every other NIS PS3 Premium Box. Everything has held their value perfectly fine. You be your own judge whether it's worth it or not, but the extra $10 is worth it to most collectors it would seem.

As I posted in somewhere else, I've never really played this series, but I've seen the anime that came out a couple of years ago. Saw some videos and the game looks a bit interesting.

I usually prefer to buy it on Amazon. Which would be the benefit from pre-ordering here? I added the game to my wishlist over there a couple of days ago and they have it listed for $49.99, no tax and no shipping fee.

As for the limited quantities thing, if I search on Amazon for the previous version (Disgaea 3: Absense of Justice) it shows up and they have quantities and such.

Comments?

NVM. Read popaloo's feedback.

Will be picking up the premium one for sure. Just trying to think if I would pre-order at the NISA store, or go with Gamestop like I have been with all of the other premium editions.

The middle option was the special edition in Japan that retailed for about $100, so at $60, that's a friggin' steal. The figures are about $5 in Japan, and their quality (as has been noted) is less than stellar.

Thanks for the heads-up, OP. This is one of my most anticipated games, but man, that's a steep price tag for some bonus stuff I'm not sure I'd display anyways. I think it'll be just the standard version for me.

Just cause they're cheap, doesn't mean they won't be worth money.

Hyperdimension Neptunia cards are like $50.
Okamiden keychains are $35.
9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors watches are $80-$120.

And Trinity Universe was found clearanced at some Best Buy stores, but there's no limited edition of it. Atelier Rorona is $40 at Gamestop, and still pretty common. Probably the only recent NISA LE that went down in price.

Personally, I think the price points should have been $49.99/$69.99/$99.99~$109.99. If the 9 figures were of better quality, I'd have no problem dropping $60 on them. But they do look barely better than gashapon quality.

I have about 20 normal figures in my collection, so I don't have a problem spending a little money, if they're well sculpted, or if I really like the series. I'll probably end up buying a set of the Disgaea 4 figures, but at this point, I'm going back and forth on it.

[quote name='elessar123']Just cause they're cheap, doesn't mean they won't be worth money.

I have about 20 normal figures in my collection, so I don't have a problem spending a little money, if they're well sculpted, or if I really like the series. I'll probably end up buying a set of the Disgaea 4 figures, but at this point, I'm going back and forth on it.[/QUOTE]

This. I've already told myself I'd buy the SP ver. if it was within $90-110, and an extra $10 won't make that much of a difference. I'm still disappointed in the quality of the figures, but for $7 a piece, its not THAT much of a loss. It all comes down to how you value it, I suppose.

[quote name='artego']Even though you can buy them from Aksys' site for $10?[/QUOTE]

I thought they were $5? Either way, ridiculous how much they're going for, and they're surprisingly well built watches for being so cheap.

[quote name='HakaHina']This. I've already told myself I'd buy the SP ver. if it was within $90-110, and an extra $10 won't make that much of a difference. I'm still disappointed in the quality of the figures, but for $7 a piece, its not THAT much of a loss. It all comes down to how you value it, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

true, though i still find it hard to swallow a 60 dollar difference between PE and SPE.

and yes the PE is the exact same as the Jap CE. though that one was 120 + shipping.

At 1/2 the price, we all know which Edition NISA is pushing.

Reminiscent to bringing an ugly friend (119.99 Super PE) to a party (Your wallet) so that you (59.99 SP) look more remarkable than reality allow.

hmm couple questions.. first whats a Nendoroid? I keep hearing that term but have no idea what it means

2nd. Why does everyone say a set of 9 figures? Im only seeing 6 in the picture on the site + the fuka figure.. for a total of 7. Where is everyone getting this 9 figures from?

As for me.. damn i dont know. I really want the ultra premium set but 120 bucks is damn steep. The figures look kinda cheap too. Im really trying to justify it to myself right now, but im finding it VERY hard to do so. Is anyone else going all in for the ultra premium set? .. maybe i can settle for the regular premium set. Im already dropping over 100 bucks on 2 of the Baccano Blue ray LE sets were getting from Japan here soon so my wallets crying as it is

guys, it states that the figures are a $72 value. clearly a $12 savings is worth it! but seriously can't wait for this game to release. thanks for the preorder reminder.

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm couple questions.. first whats a Nendoroid? I keep hearing that term but have no idea what it means

2nd. Why does everyone say a set of 9 figures? Im only seeing 6 in the picture on the site + the fuka figure.. for a total of 7. Where is everyone getting this 9 figures from?[/QUOTE]

Nendoroids are a special line of PVC figures, and they're numbered in order of release. They're all from the Good Smiles company, and they're easy to recognize -- the same chibi style. There's people who collect Nendoroid figures, but it can also appeal to other collectors.

And on the image of the 6 figures, it says not all figures are pictured. It will include 9 figures + Fuka, for a total of 10.

Edit: As for Nendoroid petits, I'm not sure about. I have a couple Nendoroid figures, but no Nendoroid petites. They do seem like the halfway point between normal Nendoroids and gashapons.

Nendoroid petit next to a Nendoroid. The petit does look to be of inferior molding. Miku looks like she had her wisdom teeth removed (chipmunk). And why is she holding two leeks? Orihime never held two, did she?

4815096921_8b88905c59.jpg

[quote name='elessar123']Nendoroids are a special line of PVC figures, and they're numbered in order of release. They're all from the Good Smiles company, and they're easy to recognize -- the same chibi style. There's people who collect Nendoroid figures, but it can also appeal to other collectors.

And on the image of the 6 figures, it says not all figures are pictured. It will include 9 figures + Fuka, for a total of 10.

Edit: As for Nendoroid petits, I'm not sure about. I have a couple Nendoroid figures, but no Nendoroid petites. They do seem like the halfway point between normal Nendoroids and gashapons.[/QUOTE]

I'll see what NISA support rep have to say about the 9 figurines and finally be able to confirm whether or not its actually Nendodroids petite or something else all together.

Can't call till tomorrow morning though, so we'll see.

Yeah I posted a picture I found on myfigurecollection. They're the same figures that play-asia has. They're not nendoroids, they're made by a different company.

I read in one of the reviews that they have magnets in them so they stick to the little platform bases they come with. Interested to see how well that works, as opposed to the figures with holes in their feet that you have to stick a peg on the base into to place them on the base.

[quote name='popaloo']I'll see what NISA support rep have to say about the 9 figurines and finally be able to confirm whether or not its actually Nendodroids petite or something all together.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. It'd be nice to get a confirmation, but I doubt the 9 figure set is nendoroid or nendoroid petite, mainly because of their size and the lack of color and detail.

Nendoroid (higher quality PVC) vs. Non-nendoroid (lesser quality)
24.jpg
disgaea_4_trading_figure_tbekf.jpg

[quote name='Xiemos']Might buy one, but will they charge me before shipping? Also, is it easy to cancel the order if something comes up?[/QUOTE]
I tried canceling an order before, and it didn't go through until AFTER the game shipped. :roll: (tried several times, by e-mail, never got a response until after it shipped.)

They did say I could return it for a full refund though.

[quote name='HakaHina']How do you know the other nine are not of high quality? If you're just judging from the pic, I don't think that's a good estimate. If the Fuka figurine is a nendoroid, then it's definitely the Good Smile Company that's making them and we'll be sure that it's made from high grade PVC. I'm guessing the other 9 are of the same kind too, since it's much easier to make them if they're in a set.

BTW, I don't know where you're getting your nendoroids from, but $30 is too steep. Most likely it's the list price, which eventually decreases with time. Otherwise, people would just buy cheaper, bigger, and better scaled figures from other companies.

I usually see prices around this range:
http://www.play-asia.com/Nendoroid_...PVC_Figure_K/paOS-13-71-8x-49-en-70-46do.html[/QUOTE]
I know they're of a lower quality because they're a set that have originally been released in Japan as part of a trading arts figures. Here's the picture of all 10 of them: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/18/disgaea-4-trading-figurines-unboxed-and-on-display/. So, no, completely different kind than the Fuka since they weren't made at the same time.

Apologies on the pricing for Nendoroids, I don't actually collect them so I was merely guessing. I guess in this case $20 would be more accurate, though in the American market just the Fuka figure has gone for $35, according to some other CAG thread I read that was discussing the figures. The BlazBlue Nendoroid that was sold through Aksys was sold for $25 too, so I wasn't too off.

Did anyone else notice that Hyperdimension Neptunia Premium box is available on their website (NIS) for $59.99 - it doesn't come with the cards, but still...

bread's done
Back