Marvel vs Capcom 2 sale $6.99 at PSN store

Rip off GS sold me the download case 2 years ago for this $5 + tax. Plus when the MVC3 $50 "ultimate edition" comes out watch this be included on the disc as a bonus.

I wish we all had a crystal ball to use for trolling, Enuf.

Mvc3 ultimate edition lol

As an aside why don't these prices show up in the amazon PSN store? i have amazon credit i'd like to use..

[quote name='jer7583']I wish we all had a crystal ball to use for trolling, Enuf.
Mvc3 ultimate edition lol
[/QUOTE]

Capcom = money grab

Street Fighter 4 Feb 2009
Super Street Fighter 4 2010
Super Street fighter 4 arcade Ed 2011(already announced link provided
http://vegivo.com/2011/04/12/super-...ounced-with-release-date-for-consoles-and-pc/

So why would MVC3 be any different? They add a few more characters locations & a $50 price tag. Have you seen the DLC prices?

My crystal ball says wouldn't it make sense to announce this at say E3 & take some thunder away from MK.

Oh and by the way Super MVC3 has already leaked here's the links to educate
yourself.
http://nerdreactor.com/2011/04/17/super-marvel-vs-capcom-3-to-revealed-at-e3/

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/28542564/lupinko-leaks-a-new-marvel-vs.-capcom-3.

If you think this deal is good get it it's not like I 1 star'd this thread I just saw
the rumor leaks already.
5 star thread just for you

Yes please don't spend your 7$ now apparently in two years capcom will make an edition with game included. Lol...seriously 7$ for a couple years of gameplay AND you don't have to pay 60$ for a game.

Lol...I'm pretty sure it's worth the price to enjoy a couple years in the slight chance it's included.

I picked it up, I don't see Capcom including the old games on Super MvC3. Why include it on there when it has been a huge digital seller at $15 a pop?

Super MvC3 will sell a lot of copies to people like me who didn't buy it at launch. It wouldn't make sense to announce it so soon though.

[quote name='Enuf']Rip off GS sold me the download case 2 years ago for this $5 + tax. Plus when the MVC3 $50 "ultimate edition" comes out watch this be included on the disc as a bonus.[/QUOTE]

Did SSF4 include any old SF games in it? Did RE5 Gold (or w/e) include any old RE games?

i picked it up about a year ago when they had it on sale for 7.50. i originally bought it for $80 used at gamestop with 30% for $56, lol. i traded it in for like 50 eventually. lol fail

[quote name='mickleohb']Did SSF4 include any old SF games in it? Did RE5 Gold (or w/e) include any old RE games?[/QUOTE]

No, but since it's already a cheap DLC this wouldn't surprise me.

License issues will prevent it being bundled. Besides why should they? It's selling well enough alone as it is.

If Super Marvel happens it will be the first time Capcom has done it for the Marvel games. For all the flak they get about endless Champion editions, that's really only something reserved for Street Fighter (and Resident evil). You could argue Rival Schools 2 is a miniscule update (and it is) and there were arguably only 2 Darstalker games ever made, they just gave them different names to confuse everyone.

I bought the retail boxed version at GameStop for $15 when it first came out on PSN. I wish I never opened it because now it sells for $90-$100 sealed. :cry:

[quote name='Enuf']Capcom = money grab

http://vegivo.com/2011/04/12/super-...ounced-with-release-date-for-consoles-and-pc/

So why would MVC3 be any different? They add a few more characters locations & a $50 price tag. Have you seen the DLC prices?

My crystal ball says wouldn't it make sense to announce this at say E3 & take some thunder away from MK.

yourself.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/28542564/lupinko-leaks-a-new-marvel-vs.-capcom-3.

If you think this deal is good get it it's not like I 1 star'd this thread I just saw
the rumor leaks already.
5 star thread just for you[/QUOTE]

Boy all those people that bought Street Fighter II: The World Warrior in 1992 should have waited for the Capcom Classics Collection in 2005! It had 3 versions of the game!!!! FTW! :lol:

Thanks. I always held back since I had it already on DC and PS2 but I got it and like this version the best.

I really wish I didnt buy mvc3 and just got this instead.

I really don't mind all the updates to Street Fighter and what not, I just wish they'd offer all upgrades via DLC. I purchased both Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV, but I really wish they would have done the upgrade via DLC like they are with the arcade edition. The first Street Fighter IV is basically obsolete thanks to SSFIV, and if it wasn't for Capcom's effort to let the arcade edition work with SSFIV, we would be saying the same thing again.

[quote name='Fonz72']Boy all those people that bought Street Fighter II: The World Warrior in 1992 should have waited for the Capcom Classics Collection in 2005! It had 3 versions of the game!!!! FTW! :lol:[/QUOTE]

You seem to be missing the point,

1-I paid LESS for this same thing 2 years ago LESS so this isn't a good deal for ME. Prices should go down over time not up especially for a digital release.
2-If they released this on disc w/MVC3 most people would prefer it b/c the disc has more value...recent example(Borderlands GOTY check the GS thread & see how many people were all over the $20 deal for the disc version & not the voucher).
3-Also, this would setup the next money grab for DLC. They'd have another "reason" to add popular characters used in MVC2 as DLC characters for MVC3, espcially at the bargain price of $5 each. Then after they've exhausted the new character DLC...here comes the $30 GH version with the DLC included again.

Now, I don't think Capcom is a bad/evil company, I like there games and have purchased several on day 1 including MVC3. And I'll continue to buy games from them but this should be cheaper than it is.

[quote name='Enuf']You seem to be missing the point,

1-I paid LESS for this same thing 2 years ago LESS so this isn't a good deal for ME. Prices should go down over time not up especially for a digital release.
2-If they released this on disc w/MVC3 most people would prefer it b/c the disc has more value...recent example(Borderlands GOTY check the GS thread & see how many people were all over the $20 deal for the disc version & not the voucher).
3-Also, this would setup the next money grab for DLC. They'd have another "reason" to add popular characters used in MVC2 as DLC characters for MVC3, espcially at the bargain price of $5 each. Then after they've exhausted the new character DLC...here comes the $30 GH version with the DLC included again.

Now, I don't think Capcom is a bad/evil company, I like there games and have purchased several on day 1 including MVC3. And I'll continue to buy games from them but this should be cheaper than it is.[/QUOTE]

1-Actually YOUR missing the point. We are talking about the price of the game from 19 April 2011 on. Just because YOU got a good deal two years ago does not mean that this is not a deal today. Until yesterday this game cost $14.99 on PSN. It now costs $6.99 at least temporarily. That is a savings of $8 (i.e., a deal)
2-Your right, disc based media is popular. It has trade-in value. Even if this game was released on disc in the future, it does not change the fact it is a deal digitally now.
3-I don't think the form in which this game is distrubuted has anything to do with what characters are going to be released as DLC for MvC3

Sure, I'll throw you the bone that this should be cheaper. $5 would be great, but to reiterate: This is a savings of $8. That is a deal.
Please stop pissing on someone's thread because you got a deal 2 years ago.

I picked it up and I'm happy as can be. Great deal on one of the top selling PSN games!

I am sure there is someone out there who got a Dreamcast or PS2 copy on clearance somewhere for less than $5. THEY got a great deal.

[quote name='Fonz72'] price of the game from 19 April 2011
Please stop pissing on someone's thread because you got a deal 2 years ago.[/QUOTE]

when I was searching for Borderlands during the power saver sale GS still had the $5 MVC2 case at least for the PS3 behind the cashiers. It was where the MVC official fightsticks are. The only ? is when do the codes expire.

My intent wasn't to "piss" on anyones thread & if you or the OP took it that way my bad.

But this is CAG so my suggestion would be to see if you can the $5 one for from GS especially if people have been paying 3x as much.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Enuf']when I was searching for Borderlands during the power saver sale GS still had the $5 MVC2 case at least for the PS3 behind the cashiers. It was were the MVC official fightsticks are. The only ? is when do the codes expire.

My intent wasn't to "piss" on anyones thread & if you or the OP took it that way my bad.

But this is CAG so my suggestion would be to see if you can the $5 one for from GS especially if people have been paying 3x as much.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the suggestion. I was going to gamestop anyway to see if they have anything decent left for PS2/gamecube. I will check this out. We have a really small store that just opened so I doubt they will, but it would be sweet if they did.

[quote name='Enuf']Capcom = money grab

yourself.

the rumor leaks already.
5 star thread just for you[/QUOTE]

Man I really hoped they fixed Akuma's Ultra and Super Moves. I dont understand how come when Akuma is have contact with the opponent when the Ultra or Super is pulled off they can jump away like its nothing, but when its other characters doing the same thing while hitting you and then following with an ultra or super - it always locks.
Capcom really needs to fix this issue.

I attempted to order MvC2 last night and the PSN Store was acting up. Credit cards couldn't be authorized. Tried again this morning and couldn't log into the PSN Network.

I hope Sony resolves these issues before the Marvel 2 sale expires...

Milan

I cannot even log in to psn right now. I purchased 3 $20 cards at kmart and tried to add them to my wallet last night with no luck. Tried multiple times and played portal 2 and then tried again in the middle of the morning and could not even sign in at all let alone add the cards to my wallet. I hope sony fixes this soon.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']Man I really hoped they fixed Akuma's Ultra and Super Moves. I dont understand how come when Akuma is have contact with the opponent when the Ultra or Super is pulled off they can jump away like its nothing, but when its other characters doing the same thing while hitting you and then following with an ultra or super - it always locks.
Capcom really needs to fix this issue.[/QUOTE]

Because Akuma's raging demon is a grab. You cannot grab someone while they are in hit stun nor block stun. This mechanic has been present in the entire Street Fighter and versus series.

Is there a thread that collects and updates all of the PSN sales? I used the search function and couldn't find a recent one. If not, is there a website that tracks these sales on PSN?

edit: Found the PSN sales thread for April using google search. Too bad I missed out on the 50% off Worms 2 deal :(

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back