$40 Ultimate MVC3:50 characters(Ghost Rider/Stryder/Hawkeye/Firebrand) Nov. 2011

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
You new it was coming only a matter of time
As long as all the DLC is included on the disc I'll be happy but I would much rather pay $75 upfront for the "Super" Ed. day 1 & walk out with the complete game instead of waiting for the "whole" game.

Confirmed $40 Ultimate MVC3
50 characters(so far) ghost rider, Stryder, Hawkeye & Firebrand
November 2011(?)

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/...-capcom-3-unveiled-four-new-characters-shown/
http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2011/07/20/ultimate_marvel_vs_capcom_3_announced_

Capcom has more surprises in store as well plus they fully expect PS3 to be their lead selling consoles
http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/86340/capcom-expecting-a-big-year-from-the-ps3/

Last edited by a moderator:
In other news, the sun will rise tomorrow.

The only surprising part of this news is that its only been 2 months since the first release. Capcom is really going too far with double and triple dipping on their titles and its only going to hurt them going forward.

I don't really mind a new version, I just wish they'd go ahead and release more DLC costumes and characters for the original. I'll gladly pay for all this, they just need to release it more quickly.

[quote name='8bitArtist']only way to stop this is to stop buying them.[/QUOTE]

Bingo

See, the problem with Capcom now is that right off the bat you know they're gonna re-release their games shortly after initial launch with extra content. As consumers are catching on to this they're gonna realize there's no point in buying the first product, they might as well wait for the new version for the same (or less) money.

Look at Street Fighter IV, they're on their 3rd release now with the arcade version. Granted, its been one release per year (not quite as soon as MvC3 re-release seems to be) but still why buy it at launch if you know there's a better version on the horizon. Look at how fast they announced the Dead Rising 2 re-release, original game came out at the end of September and they announced the re-release 6 months after release. Now we've got MvC3 being release in February with rumors hitting 2 months later and an official announcement likely in June (only 4 months after release).

At this point, they don't even need to plan re-releases on their games because people are just going to be expecting it they'll wait which will only hurt the sales figures of their launch games.

Good luck with that. There will always be people who will buy games at launch, regardless of the companies prior track record.

As for the Dead Rising 2 re-release, it's adding in stuff for a prior character(Frank West) that I never played as to begin with. Am I going to buy it? Nah.

I didn't even finish DR2 as it is, so buying another version of the game with more content I'll likely not finish is ridiculous.

I really thought that Capcom had kinda changed their ways from the SNES/Genesis days of X amount of versions of Street Fighter, but then again more and more companies are doing this nowadays as well.

I'm done buying capcom fighting games and will just wait till their cheap or the updated version. I barely even played mvc3.

Between this, and Super Super Street Fighter 4, i'm done.

They gave us a big speech when SSF4 came out saying "Sorry guys, we are dumb and coded the game wrong, so we can't patch in the new content- but we promise we wrote the new version correctly and it's a lot of content, so it's ok, right?".

I can't believe i fell for that crap.

[quote name='nbballard']Between this, and Super Super Street Fighter 4, i'm done.

They gave us a big speech when SSF4 came out saying "Sorry guys, we are dumb and coded the game wrong, so we can't patch in the new content- but we promise we wrote the new version correctly and it's a lot of content, so it's ok, right?".

I can't believe i fell for that crap.[/QUOTE]

Not to defend capcom, but the SSFIV arcade content will be released as DLC as well as a retail copy, so it would seem they did fix the code issues that stopped them from releasing updates on fighter balance and extra fighters

[quote name='erequena']Not to defend capcom, but the SSFIV arcade content will be released as DLC as well as a retail copy, so it would seem they did fix the code issues that stopped them from releasing updates on fighter balance and extra fighters[/QUOTE]
They have flip-flopped on it a lot. If i remember correctly, they even denied the disc version existed. I'll believe it when I see it.

This ticks me off. I just bought MVC3 yesterday and now I hear this. Aghhhhh! I'm sick of this generation of gaming. I haven't open the game yet but you think Best Buy will take it back!?

[quote name='E_Man']This ticks me off. I just bought MV3 yesterday and now I hear this. Aghhhhh! I'm sick of this generation of gaming. I haven't open the game yet but you think Best Buy will take it back!?[/QUOTE]
Unopened? They shouldn't give you any problems.

The big thing that irritates me here is that given the pricing of DLC characters ($5 per character), it's likely to save me money if I sell my original copy now and just buy whatever additional edition they throw at me.

Anyone work out the best place to sell a disc-only copy of the game yet?

i think thats 3 more versions of the game coming out

Super" MVC3 editio version #1 150$
"Ultra" MVC3 edition version # 2 100$
Deluxe" MVC3 edition version # 3 80$

and wasn't the SE the same price as the Reg one

:whistle2:s Really Capcom?! I saw this coming, but I was REALLY hoping it didn't happen. Just as well. I barely play that game anymore. I have no problem returning that STRAIGHT to the store this afternoon.

[quote name='starmask2k3']i think thats 3 more versions of the game coming out

Super" MVC3 editio version #1 150$
"Ultra" MVC3 edition version # 2 100$
Deluxe" MVC3 edition version # 3 80$

and wasn't the SE the same price as the Reg one[/QUOTE]

Nope, the SE was $10 more.

[quote name='eldergamer']If this makes the plain edition go down to $5-$10 I'm all for it.[/QUOTE]

lol agreed i still want to play the game but not at full price. with rehashes and goty editions its making it very hard for me to want to buy games full price first day anymore. even with the new batman or uncharted 3 in the back of my mind i know they will do the goty thing so why not wait and get all the dlc for free?

[quote name='themaster20000']Don't see why anyone is surprised by this since Capcom has been pulling this shit off for the last couple years now.[/QUOTE]

Capcom has been doing this since the 16-bit era. There were what, 3 different versions of Street Fighter II? Plus, they aren't the only company it doing it these days. I am not surprised at all that there will be a new version, but I didn't expect to hear anything about it so soon.

This still doesn't chap my ass as much as when they disbanded Clover Studios.

[quote name='thefunkyredcaboose']Capcom has been doing this since the 16-bit era. There were what, 3 different versions of Street Fighter II? Plus, they aren't the only company it doing it these days. I am not surprised at all that there will be a new version, but I didn't expect to hear anything about it so soon.

This still doesn't chap my ass as much as when they disbanded Clover Studios.[/QUOTE]

Well them disbanding Clover worked out pretty well since we got Platinum Games out of it.Anyway Capcom has been doing this a lot more recently since SF4 and then got even more cheap by charging for DLC already on there games like with the RE5 multiplayer mode.They might as well charge a fee just to start up the game if there going to be that cheap.

[quote name='themaster20000']Well them disbanding Clover worked out pretty well since we got Platinum Games out of it.Anyway Capcom has been doing this a lot more recently since SF4 and then got even more cheap by charging for DLC already on there games like with the RE5 multiplayer mode.They might as well charge a fee just to start up the game if there going to be that cheap.[/QUOTE]

Good point about Platinum games, but I would personally love an HD Viewtiful Joe or Okami from the same team.

I don't like DLC in general when it's content that could have been in the game on release.

[quote name='thefunkyredcaboose']Capcom has been doing this since the 16-bit era. There were what, 3 different versions of Street Fighter II? Plus, they aren't the only company it doing it these days. I am not surprised at all that there will be a new version, but I didn't expect to hear anything about it so soon.

This still doesn't chap my ass as much as when they disbanded Clover Studios.[/QUOTE]

Well to be fair, there was no way to update SF II back then, it was either release a new version or none at all. Now today they can update the game easily. That still doesn't make this fair at all, Capcom can still go bite my ass (especially when they do shit like charge for protoman in Megaman 9 which is an ungimped version of megaman).

I am hoping this deluxe edition is just the regular game with the DLC characters on disc because I don't want to have to buy a new fucking version just to play online.

I completely understand the reason for boycotting and getting up in arms about the re-release of games with added content, but unfortunately I won't take the same approach. If you are only so-so into fighting games and play infrequently, waiting and getting more for your money just makes sense. On the other hand, if you try to maintain your competitive edge you really can't afford to sleep for months to a year to save yourself some cash. You're going to be so far behind everyone else online it will be hard to find your place in the mix. Maybe capcom is aware of this and is trying to milk the proverbial cash-cow.

I know with SSFIV, the added content seemed worth the $39.99 price tag. If they do something similar for MvC3, I can see me buying it all over again.

For the amount of play I get for one of these fighters compared to a FPS, it seems like a no brainer.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Well to be fair, there was no way to update SF II back then, it was either release a new version or none at all. Now today they can update the game easily. That still doesn't make this fair at all, Capcom can still go bite my ass (especially when they do shit like charge for protoman in Megaman 9 which is an ungimped version of megaman).

I am hoping this deluxe edition is just the regular game with the DLC characters on disc because I don't want to have to buy a new fucking version just to play online.[/QUOTE]

Good point, but I still remember being annoyed as a kid with all the new versions of SFII. It didn't seem that the other fighting games got the same treatment.

[quote name='thefunkyredcaboose']Good point, but I still remember being annoyed as a kid with all the new versions of SFII. It didn't seem that the other fighting games got the same treatment.[/QUOTE]
well when you release 45 king of fighters games annually you wouldn't need to :p

"
Well Morrigan crosses her legs in her victory pose, so that's good for me, I mean if I play MvC3 before going to bed she makes it so I don't have to worry about rolling out of bed.
Kick stand joke for you ladies out there, but when I say kick stand, I mean penis."

That was said by the OP in the link to the leak.

"when I say kick stand, I mean penis"

Anyway, who wants to sell me MVC3 20$ shipped O:)

I tried to like the game but I just couldn't get into it much. It felt like I needed to have add to like it. I'm not surprised that this is coming but I am surprised it is so fast. The game has not even been out that long. Didn't it take a year for SSFIV to come out?

The one and only reason capcom did this is because people will pay.

For what mvc3 was I felt cheated even before knowing about this. It took about all of one day to unlock half the trophies, do most of the "missions" (which is code for, here, do some combos against a practice dummy) and see almost all the content. Only thing I didnt get to do really is play online since psn went down the day I finally got around to trying it out online.

Mvc3 as it is now has shit for content. No way In hell I will buy this super version. IF, I ever do it will be used off ebay when the price has bottomed out.

This is why I am 100% against buying DLC and why I dont buy it. Devs will more and more leave stuff out or cut content in hopes you will pay extra for it. The more DLC sells and the more people that buy it then the more devs will cut to sell you later because they can, will and have taken advantage of that fact. The more DLC people buy then the lighter and weaker their full priced games will become. I know most people try to use their customer ended brains thinking that wont happen but they arent being realistic because this is a business were talking about and they will do whatever nets them the most money.

DLC is cool in the idea that later on down the road they could come up with extra content for their games, but no dev does that since they have content out on launch day or within a few months meaning they just cut the content out of the original product so they could turn that 60 dollar game into a 65-75 dollar game. It takes time to design, develop, create, troubleshoot, write and do the whole creation process and you cant do it in just a couple weeks so most of it was obviously just held back.

I rented this game and felt it was a waste of my money (on a rental). Manage to do basically everything in 4 hours or so. Also, I want to see some of the MvC3 defenders come out of the wood work who said this wouldn't happen and were arguing their point with me. Guess who's got the last laugh now.

I wouldn't buy the Ultimate Titan Super Extreme edition, too, until I was sure they're developing the 4th game, and then even then I might think about it.

Hell I'm sure a 3rd one will come out. I thought I read online some place that their was talks of doing another SFIV.

I'll wait and pay less than $30 for a game of the year edition with all the DLC. It will probably be here in a few years. Until then, I'll keep an eye out for this new edition to hit clearance. Extra goodies are always nice to have.

If it's a year out from release and $40 or less I have no problem.

I can easily play any of their fighters for 200+ hours in a year so i won't complain.

Just like people who love madden and buy that every year, but get their money's worth.

bread's done
Back