Google Chrome - Browser automatically redirects back to User CP

Jimbo Slice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
I am having an issue in Chrome that started happening around 2-3 weeks ago. After going to my user CP, if I click on the little "first new post" icon on any of my subscribed threads, it will take me to the new thread and post briefly, and then automatically bring me back to my user CP again.

It happens probably 50% of the time. However, if it happens the first time, it will repeatedly do it and I am forced to click on "view last page" and make my way backward in the thread to read the new posts.

I hope my explanation is clear enough - anyone else having this issue?

For me, it seems to be random threads (but will always happen in the same thread), if I click on it it will automatically go "Back" to the forum index page. The only way I can get around it is to open that topic in a new tab (so there is no "back" page to go to)

Assuming my issue isn't just a weird bug,

I suspect (on my end) that it may be someone's coding in a signature somewhere that causes my issue, since it will always happen on a particular page and not just at random.

Similar. Annoying.

Ah yeah I think you're right.

I thought it was the same threads doing it over and over, because I would reclick to open it, it would navigate back. I suppose the same ad would still load because no real time had elapsed.

But I just went back to:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292715

After like an hour or so, it was originally pushing me back. Despite no updated posts or editing being done, it didn't knock me back this time. So yeah, the only thing that has changed was the ads.

Bump, I've been having this problem for a few months, it's been especially bad tonight. Currently on Chrome 15.x, not sure what version it started on.

I feel like this has suddenly gotten way worse in the past few days. Is there any way to correlate this with which ads are running?

Here's another voice to add to the masses. I didn't have this problem until about may three or four weeks ago. It unfortunately makes me visit this site less often because it's such a nuisance and only happens with CAG. I've been using Chrome since May 2010.

Sort of glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this. Now let's hope this get addressed soon!

I haven't been able to replicate this yet - if you notice this happening, please post the exact link you're clicking and I'll take a look.

My main issue with CAG on Chrome is that it runs like crap. It's easily the worst site I regularly visit, which requires using an IE tab extension just to make it run decently despite giving up the ability to use other extensions in that process.

My only complaint for CAG on Chrome (15.0.874.121 m) is the spoiler buttons will expand, but not allow you to collapse spoilers once you've opened them. Outside of that no issues here, Chrome for OSX, WinXP/7 & Linux (Debian 6.0.3). Cheers =]

It stopped for a while for me but has started happening again today - really annoying. Even this link which I just found through a Google search took me back to Google unless I hit the ESC button as soon as it loads.

oh wow, and I thought I was the only one experiencing this. I have to click on the link at least 3 times before it'll stay where i want it to be.

I disabled ad-blocker on anything CAG and it still does it. So I believe you can rule that out.

I finally decided to look & see if I was the only one experiencing this after ignoring it for months, and I see I'm not.

For me, it typically happens when I'm going from the main page to one of the top threads on the right. It will load the thread, then blink & take me right back to the main page. USUALLY if I refresh the main page & go to the same thread again it will work. Have replicated this on more than one computer, the only common factors afaik are Chrome & Windows 7. Haven't had it happen on any other site I visit.

bread's done
Back