4/21- 4/27 Extra $50 for XB360, PS3, or Wii system traded in--PUR Members

hensleyc

CAGiversary!
PUR Members can receive an additional $50 on their :ps3::wii::360: system traded in so long as they're in working condition and should have everything included. *Store credit, as always*

Hmm, might be time to trade in the old Jasper since it's been chillin' boxed up in the closet for awhile now.

These have to include a controller, don't they?

Oh hell yes! I was just kicking myself for missing out on this the last time, as I have a fully functional but unused 360 in my storage room. Awesome.

Yeah just saw the e-mail. I was hoping for something like this as I have an extra Wii I picked up recently and didn't feel like putting it up on eBay. I wish I would have had the credit for B2G2 though. There probably isn't much I'm going to want from GameStop any time soon.

Anyone happen to know the going rate for the old models that first had hdmi port show up?

I believe the original Xbox 360 currently nabs you $50 without hard drive. That is at least what I believe I overheard while a customer was talking to a GS employee about upgrading to the slim Xbox.

[quote name='Trendy2']That shows that TIV is only $50 for my 360. Does it not matter if it's a Core, Elite, Pro, etc? That seems pretty low. I'd love to trade in my Elite for a new Slim model.[/QUOTE]

You can add in the 120GB HD for $20 and any other accessories (Wired Headset = $5), etc. You're now up to $125.

[quote name='Trendy2']That shows that TIV is only $50 for my 360. Does it not matter if it's a Core, Elite, Pro, etc? That seems pretty low. I'd love to trade in my Elite for a new Slim model.[/QUOTE]

on the older xboxes, gamestop doesn't recognize them as elite, arcade, etc. it's $50 for the console by itself as a "core" (along with power cables/brick, a/v cables, and 1 controller). additional hdd and controllers are traded in separately.

the base values are pretty low, but i assume gamestop sets it low to considering promotions and bonuses. gives you an incentive to join their PUR club.

$50 + $50 = $100 + $20 + 10% or whatever for your 120gb hdd and extra accesories. it's decent when you consider the old elites are worth maybe $150 if lowballers will even offer that much and the headache of trying to sell through craigslist/ebay.

They'll probably drop the 360 core base TIV to $30 or less by the time this comes around.

But if they're giving $100 i might take in my extra one.. maybe.

[quote name='jer7583']They'll probably drop the 360 core base TIV to $30 or less by the time this comes around.

But if they're giving $100 i might take in my extra one.. maybe.[/QUOTE]

Starts today doesn't it? Has anybody called or stopped in and done this yet? I'd should be able to get early enough for a 4gb model if I trade in my old one...might due it to cut down on hassle.

Although since I'm in the Reach/Disc beta thing it might not be a good idea...

Will they take off or just flat out refuse a Wii if I don't have a wiimote + nunchuck? I've got one laying around I bought used a while back.

[quote name='hrsh']360 dropped to $40, so $90 total. 120GB is now $14 vs. $20. Wil system is $30 as of today, so $80 total.[/QUOTE]

Of course it dropped. Thanks for the update. That keeps me from wiping my Wii out tonight to trade in.

that $10 difference is enough to make me want to keep mine. screw you, gs

[quote name='hrsh']Wiis are dropping with the rumors of a new product announcement in June from Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe that is what caused the drop all of a sudden today at GS ;)

[quote name='hrsh']360 dropped to $40, so $90 total. 120GB is now $14 vs. $20. Wil system is $30 as of today, so $80 total.[/QUOTE]

Well just the fact that they did that alone would be enough for me not to trade in there, even if I wasn't in the beta.

[quote name='Xellos2099']haha not sure if wii is worth selling for only 80 dollar...[/QUOTE]

It's not if you haven't played every game worth playing (and for wii, that list is small)

Might as well keep it, who knows...next zelda might be good.

Tempted to trade my extra 360 in but for $90, it kind of seems like a wash, since I'd need to pony up the cash for a controller as I only have 2. Maybe I'll trade the crappy black one I got with my 360 S in and use some of the credit to get the silver new d-pad controller I saw sitting there on the shelf used for $39.99. Hmmm.

crap! i wonder if the 250gb old hdd dropped big time too. i thought $30 was low, i should have traded mine in.

Refurb fee for systems used to be 50%. But I haven't traded one in a while. They may not want to take old 360's anymore that don't work.

*EDIT* Here's the info from the trade-in thread. That price would make broken 360 kind of a bum deal.
[quote name='JP']What are the refurb fees on consoles?
The amounts listed are deducted from the value of the console trade-in. Date is the last time the refurb fee was updated.

Core unit + wired controller -
$45 (4/10/10)
Core unit + wireless controller -$30 (7/8/10)

Wii
System -
$25 (4/14/10)

PS3
20GB (Full Hardware BC w\ PS2 Guts Inside) -
$40 (4/14/10)
40GB (No PS2 BC only 2 USB) - $40 (4/14/10)
60GB (Full Hardware BC w\ PS2 Guts Inside) - $80 (4/14/10)
80GB (No PS2 BC only 2 USB) - $65 (4/14/10)
80GB (Most software BC w\ 4 USB) - $70 (4/14/10)
120GB Slim - $90 (4/14/10)
160GB (No PS2 BC) - $60 (4/14/10)
250GB Slim -$100 (4/14/10)[/QUOTE]

Yeah this is lame. I had an extra Wii console and took it in today expecting to get between $100 and $110. I didn't think GameStop usually dropped the TIVs when they started trade in promos. I ended up trading it in anyway, but now I regret it. $80 isn't terrible, but I could have easily gotten $80 after fees on eBay or even more on craigslist. I'd much rather have cash than credit.

I spent a lot on B2G2, but don't think there is anything else I'm going to want to buy at GS for awhile. I'm going out of town Saturday so maybe I'll get lucky and find some GameStops where the PS2 games haven't been completely picked over.

Is it worth upgrading to a 360 slim? Does it really seem to use less electric then the elite version? Does it really make less noise as well? Also, I've been looking online to see if there are any known problems with the slim but I couldn't find any, has anyone else had/know any problems they might have?

[quote name='Vap']Is it worth upgrading to a 360 slim? Does it really seem to use less electric then the elite version? Does it really make less noise as well? Also, I've been looking online to see if there are any known problems with the slim but I couldn't find any, has anyone else had/know any problems they might have?[/QUOTE]

My personal view is don't upgrade until you're forced to. Of course, I'm also the kind of person who never buys an extended warranty, which seems like a rarity nowadays.

The slim is quieter, but I install almost all my games (and delete them when I'm done) so my old elite doesn't sound like a turbo jet too often.

I went ahead and traded in my extra 360 for $95.

Used $75 of it and picked up Blur, Borderlands GOTY and one of those handy dandy silver controllers with the new D-Pad that they happened to have... used! $35.99 works for me.

[quote name='Vap']Is it worth upgrading to a 360 slim? Does it really seem to use less electric then the elite version? Does it really make less noise as well? Also, I've been looking online to see if there are any known problems with the slim but I couldn't find any, has anyone else had/know any problems they might have?[/QUOTE]

i got the 4gb slim or whatever it is, and it has lots of freezing problems for some reason, random freezing on certain games, idunno if its just mine but gotta send it back soon. other than that it definitely runs smoother and quieter than the other few 360's i've gone thru, i'd recommend upgrading at some point, but probably not if your 360 doesnt have any problems.

bread's done
Back