PS3 Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes $19.99 @ Amazon

The platinum for this game requires an insane amount of time. Otherwise it's one of the best the genre has to offer.

Been eyeing this one and finally got it. I sorta-like the DW games, so I should full-like this one, if that makes any sense.

I recently picked up Fist of the North Star and was extremely disappointed by how absurdly slow it is.

Would this be sufficiently fast-paced for me?

[quote name='SDC']I recently picked up Fist of the North Star and was extremely disappointed by how absurdly slow it is.

Would this be sufficiently fast-paced for me?[/QUOTE]

The characters can sprint by doubling tapping on the controller, making it very easy to get around the map even without a horse. You rarely have to go very far to find a group of enemies to punch in the face. There's also some catapults here and there that you can use to launch your character around the level to cut down on the downtime.

The only pacing problem is that there's lots of 10-15 second cut-scenes that trigger during battles to give you a clear picture of what your current objective is. These cut-scenes occur pretty often and you can't completely disable them. You can skip them as they occur but you have to watch a second or two of each cut scene before you can actually skip it. You end up replaying the levels enough where you don't need to be reminded where you need to go or what you need to do. It can be a little annoying but nothing that ruins the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah crud, $1.80 cheaper than the $21.79 I paid three weeks ago. :cry:

You should definitely pick this up now if you have even a passing interest in the beat-'em-up/DW genre, as I doubt it will drop lower in price.

I hate actually liked this game the general officers, are not generic looking ones like from Dynasty Warriors. Also the voice acting seems better imo even though it's all in english.

Now I gotta get me DW 7!

[quote name='CaoPi']I hate actually liked this game the general officers, are not generic looking ones like from Dynasty Warriors. Also the voice acting seems better imo even though it's all in english.

Now I gotta get me DW 7![/QUOTE]

dw7 is w.o.n.d.e.r.f.u.l ..:applause:

[quote name='onyzukae']dw7 is w.o.n.d.e.r.f.u.l ..:applause:[/QUOTE]

Definitely. DW7 changes things up enough for it to appeal to fans and newcomers alike.

I've been eyeing Sengoku for a while and the $19.99 price point is just right.

[quote name='letmein23']The wii version is $19.99 too. But not at amazon, its found somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

Wow I picked up the Wii version for about $12 a few weeks ago\\:D/. It's pretty decent and it's using Capcom's MT framework Lite (the engine they use for RE 3DS games). Aside from the PS3 having a little more sharpness in resolution, I don't know what else is the diffrence?

[quote name='oni-link']Aside from the PS3 having a little more sharpness in resolution, I don't know what else is the diffrence?[/QUOTE]

I would think that the PS3 version would offer more characters on screen.

[quote name='oni-link']Wow I picked up the Wii version for about $12 a few weeks ago\\:D/. It's pretty decent and it's using Capcom's MT framework Lite (the engine they use for RE 3DS games). Aside from the PS3 having a little more sharpness in resolution, I don't know what else is the diffrence?[/QUOTE]

the framerate takes a huge hit in the Wii version when you play 2 players

If you can stand the bad English voices get it! The game is cool and it will offer several hours of fun if you are going for the platinum trophy.

bread's done
Back