Kane & Lynch 2 Xbox 360 and PS3 $9.99 at Newegg

According to Amazon the game was released on Aug 17th 2010, so that's 8 months roughly to drop to $10, seemed as inevitable as the rising of the sun.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol just opened up my email and saw this, it's part of Newegg's Hoppin Deals special. Grabbed a 360 copy and the Ginsu knives set for less that $30 total. :)

Although this has received horrible reviews (I have yet to play it) I think $10 is a fair enough price for the offline co-op. Unfortunately few games this generation include offline co-op as they seem to tend to focus so much on online multiplayer.

[quote name='GBAstar']Although this has received horrible reviews (I have yet to play it) I think $10 is a fair enough price for the offline co-op. Unfortunately few games this generation include offline co-op as they seem to tend to focus so much on online multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Don't know if they fixed it but it had persistent freezing issues when I played offline co-op for 360. Borderline unplayable.

the undercover cop where you kill your teammates sounds like fun. But I still have the 1st one and haven't played it yet.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']Don't know if they fixed it but it had persistent freezing issues when I played offline co-op for 360. Borderline unplayable.[/QUOTE]

I played it with offline co-op and did not freeze once on 360. This was in november. Game is definitely worth 10 bucks for those on the fence. Its really a good story and truly dark and gritty

for $10, i should probably get this, but i have a feeling i will never get around to playing this

I will wait for this game to get to $5. I have too big a backlog to waste an extra $5 for a very bad game even though offline co-op is big for me.

At this price, had to give some love to IO Interactive - they made Freedom Fighters (a long time before Homefront), one of my favorite games back in the day.

I read the Gamespot review and some others, and they're actually not too bad. A common complaint is the game is too short, vs. just plain bad. The camera/visuals sound interesting, if not terribly successful.

[quote name='broadbandit']I played it with offline co-op and did not freeze once on 360. This was in november. Game is definitely worth 10 bucks for those on the fence. Its really a good story and truly dark and gritty[/QUOTE]
I played through the whole game twice offline co-op when it first released and didnt have one freeze also. (xbox 360)

[quote name='Brother Daz']I played through the whole game twice offline co-op when it first released and didnt have one freeze also. (xbox 360)[/QUOTE]

Hmph, maybe my 360 is just crap. :whistle2:k

Apparently YMMV on the offline co-op freezing...

Got it for $7.99 from GameFly months back. Just like the first one it's not great but it's not completely terrible either.

I super-liked this game. I know prevailing opinion is that the shaky-cam/grainy video look is bad, but for me it really made the game incredibly visceral. The arcade mode can get really addictive, too; can only imagine how fun it would be playing with actual people. I can't help but feel like the negative attitudes towards this game emanate from the (justified) scandal surrounding the first.

Sadly this may be the last we'll see of this series. It's too bad; I really liked it.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Bit on a copy from Amazon. :)[/QUOTE]

order 3 copy from amazone. make TRN 2 copy (cuz i need new ps3 game case...)

total 29.97
trade-in 16.00

paid for 13.97 game n 2 of new case!!!!!

(i hate GS used game case..)

[quote name='onyzukae']order 3 copy from amazone. Make trn 2 copy (cuz i need new ps3 game case...)

total 29.97
trade-in 16.00

(i hate gs used game case..)[/quote]

wtf?

I got this game on the Steam sale and was pleasantly surprised by it. Quite good if you go in expecting the complete lack of an end cutscene.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I got this game on the Steam sale and was pleasantly surprised by it. Quite good if you go in expecting the complete lack of an end cutscene.[/QUOTE]

Heh - I thought the ending was brilliant. Like, fuck you, we're done. Goodbye.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Heh - I thought the ending was brilliant. Like, fuck you, we're done. Goodbye.[/QUOTE]
It was less assholish than K&L1's ending, but I took it more as "We wrote ourselves into a corner and cannot provide a believable conclusion here."

I picked it up for $7 shipped from gohastings a few months back. It was a pretty good game for the price, I certainly wouldn't have paid over probably $15 or $20 for it, but for this cheap it was a fun game to play through.

Jumped on this as well from Amazon. Great price!

BTW, in case some don't know, Amazon now has the game with Free Standard Shipping. Perfect for those, like me, that don't have Prime. :)

Thanks OP and Sway!

[quote name='RollingSkull']It was less assholish than K&L1's ending, but I took it more as "We wrote ourselves into a corner and cannot provide a believable conclusion here."[/QUOTE]

Makes sense, if you consider that the whole game is presented as though it were being filmed in real time on a portable VHS cam and then the person filming it had to cut it off at the end because... well, not gonna spoil anything for prospective buyers.

Grotesque as it sounds, the game's like an interactive snuff film.

thanx, grabbed one but submitted price to amazon for the community

EDIT: Damn...rookie error. Amazon didn't show up by default, it was is the sidebar hehe

[quote name='onyzukae']order 3 copy from amazone. make TRN 2 copy (cuz i need new ps3 game case...)

total 29.97
trade-in 16.00

(i hate GS used game case..)[/QUOTE]your newness doesn't even show:D;):applause::roll:

bread's done
Back