Hi-Rez announces SMITE - 3rd person F2P DotA style game

Hydro2Oxide

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Hi-Rez Studios Announces SMITE
Gods vs Gods in 3rd-person DoTA-inspired Battleground

ATLANTA - April 21, 2011 -- Hi-Rez Studios, the award winning independent developer of Global Agenda, announced today they are developing SMITE, a free-to-play online battleground between gods. Players choose from a selection of mythical gods, join session-based arena combat, and use custom powers and team tactics against other player-controlled gods and non-player controlled minions.

"As a studio and as gamers, we love competitive multi-player games that reward teamwork and strategy", says Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios COO. "With SMITE, we draw inspiration from DoTA-style RTS titles, but leverage the Unreal 3 Engine to introduce original action oriented combat mechanics, great graphics, and a mythology-themed setting. These session-based games depend upon balanced class design, sophisticated stat-tracking, and matchmaking functionality. These are features we understand well from Global Agenda and our studio is excited to progress team-oriented PvP in new and original directions with SMITE. At this point we already have a really fun playable version of SMITE and we look forward to sharing additional details about the project in the coming months"

For more information visit:

Website - http://www.smitegame.com

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/smitegame

About Hi-Rez Studios

Hi-Rez Studios, Inc, located just outside of Atlanta GA, was established in 2005 to create exceptional online interactive entertainment. In February 2010 the company released the squad-based Shooter-MMO Global Agenda. Hi-Rez is currently developing other competitive online games including Tribes: Ascend and the recently announced SMITE.

Media Contact: [email protected]

Between this and the new Tribes, Hi-Rez is quickly moving its way to the top of my free-2-play watch list.

Man...So much F2P goodness. Too bad I got a short story deadline + my GN need some attention today also. It's good to be cheap!

Add to this all of the consolers lamenting cause their SONY UNITS are not working and it's like LOTTO ;)

Wow another one. What is Dota the new WoW that needs 18,000 similar games :lol:?

I think I will stick to League of Legends because I already invested enough time and all my friends play it but my eyes are on the lookout because the premise sounds fun.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Wow another one. What is Dota the new WoW that needs 18,000 similar games :lol:?

I think I will stick to League of Legends because I already invested enough time and all my friends play it but my eyes are on the lookout because the premise sounds fun.[/QUOTE]

I'm predicting something closer to Savage 2 or Monday Night Combat, given the 3rd person aspect. I say bring it on, it's about time the Tower Defense and military FPS crazes have died down.

Is anyone playing this game?  I decided to give this game a shot since I've quit all the top down MOBAs and all the news about the championships piqued my interest....and I'm pretty glad I did!  Super fun game, way more exciting to play and so far the community isn't crap like all the current 'cool kids' MOBAs.  

It reminds me too much of Savage 2 - which is a good thing - that I end up just playing Savage 2.

I've heard so many good things about Savage 2 but just never got around to it.  But you can't play as Guan Yu in Savage 2. :p

bread's done
Back