CAGcast #237: P(oops) 2: The Poopening

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat are enjoyed, pooping in one's pants is not. Submit questions or topics for next week's show via CAGbag or Twitter.

[podcast]146[/podcast]
Download - 76 minutes, 46MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheapy, it sounds like the show got really quiet around the 1 hour, 5-6 minute mark of the show on the iTunes version of the show.

As far as WiiHD goes, if it was only as powerful as the 360/PS3, why would it need to be as big as the original Xbox? As far as it being a 2-3 year stop gap (some are saying it'll be this fall) it really depends on how much more powerful it is CPU wise, GPU wise and RAM wise than the current HD systems. If it can do 1080p natively, that's quite a bit more powerful, but we don't know how much more powerful that really is. The big issue will be the amount of RAM it has. If it has 512mb-1gb, Sony and Microsoft may not be so eager to push for next gen.

I have all 3 of the CAG members on my Steam list. None of them seem to have Portal 2 for Mac or PS3. :cry:

great show as always , i was listening to it while i was in the bathroom , i took along time because i ate bad fish for launch , i did a statistic and it proved that 4.3890 out of 5 times in the past 100 episodes of cag that he will say something that will rise conflict among listeners , and also cheapyd has the biggest balls ever for giving his son stickers for going to the bathroom after his highness crapped in the shower , great show , i misspelled the word lunch because i like to piss the readers and ps3 users who have nothing better to do than check for typing errors go die in a fire you losers ps3 stands for pssst im in denial and i spent 300 bucks on this peice of crap , great show

[quote name='Clarke']I have all 3 of the CAG members on my Steam list. None of them seem to have Portal 2 for Mac or PS3. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Valve sent me the 360 version. I play whichever version the companies send. I was kind of surprised that Valve didn't send the PS3 version since that's the version with all the Steam stuff.

My friend works in the Google offices that wombat visited and i must say my visit was incredibly depressing. Why? it is such an amazing work environment that going back to my sh!t office made me hate my life. It's like working in a mall where everything is free.

Yay, more poop talk....... really tired of it, otherwise good show. I still think Cheapy is lying when he says he is really excited about what Nintendo says about their new console. In reality he just wants info so he can pick them apart. Otherwise good show.

Calling Enslaved's story "ok" is a complete understatement. It's a simple story, but there are few games (batman arkham asylum and Uncharted 1+2 come to mind) that combine the story and gameplay as well. One thing that is not mentioned enough is that it was written by Alex Garland, author of the Beach (great book, shit movie), the tesseract (great book), and 28 Days Later (great movie).

I think video game stories need to be simplified. . . too often they get wordy and confusing to the point that i stop paying attention. Enslaved keeps it simple yet gripping and i think a lot of game writers should follow suit.

Wombat: "WHERE'S MAH TRUFFLES?" LOL

Kinda funny Cheapy said it's silly to buy a 3DS now and he bought one.

I've got the same thing going on as Cheapy with the Gears 3 beta. I play a match and feel like I'm kicking some serious ass. I then get to the final scoreboard and have 2 kills and 2 assists. The top guys have like 13 or 17 kills.

I guess this is kinda good. With Call of Duty, if I'm stinking during a match, I know it during the match. With Gears I at least don't realize how bad I am until the end.

I did have one good match last night. I almost got MVP for the match. Stupid guy that got the last kill of the match just passed me.

[quote name='skadave']Calling Enslaved's story "ok" is a complete understatement. It's a simple story, but there are few games (batman arkham asylum and Uncharted 1+2 come to mind) that combine the story and gameplay as well. One thing that is not mentioned enough is that it was written by Alex Garland, author of the Beach (great book, shit movie), the tesseract (great book), and 28 Days Later (great movie).[/QUOTE]

Except Enslaved barely has any gameplay; it's all auto jumping with no chance to fail, boring & simplistic fighting, and a crappy frame rate to drag everything down even further. It's not a coincidence that Ninja Theory's games always sell poorly.

[quote name='Curufinwe']Except Enslaved barely has any gameplay; it's all auto jumping with no chance to fail, boring & simplistic fighting, and a crappy frame rate to drag everything down even further. It's not a coincidence that Ninja Theory's games always sell poorly.[/QUOTE]

I agree with what you said but honestly i didn't care. This was a rare game that the gameplay was second to the story.

I think the reason this game didn't sell well was that they did ZERO marketing for it and it was put out during the holiday season. Put this game out in march with a little marketing and it would have done better. I follow the video game industry as a hobby and i didn't know this game existed until i started reading the reviews. This game had no industry buzz what-so-ever.

EDIT: I actually liked that it had auto jumping. . . falling off cliffs and ledges constantly would have taken me out of the story.

My comment on last weeks thread wasn't really meant to be read on the show, especially not only small snippets like it was. It was just meant to be some general feedback on my current thoughts on the podcast as a listener. Anyways my only real problem was the way Wombat botched up my post, I think anyone who did not read the post which is most of the listeners had no idea what the hell I was trying to say and/or came off as an idiot. And since its sometimes hard to tell the mood of a post from just text, no I'm not upset about it just wanted to mention it.

Question for Shipwreck, does Mortal Kombat really cover the story all the way up to Armageddon? I thought it only covered it up to 3 counting its missing pretty much almost everyone of the new combatants of the post MK3 games.

[quote name='StriderNo9']I still think Cheapy is lying when he says he is really excited about what Nintendo says about their new console. In reality he just wants info so he can pick them apart. Otherwise good show.[/QUOTE]

Bitch when they say nice things about Nintendo, bitch when they say bad things about Nintendo. Great plan.

One more thing:

A good radio host knows how to steer a show. They will cut people off if they are talking too much about a certain topic and they will introduce a new topic to keep the show moving in the right direction (I personally think Opie from the Opie and Anthony show is the best at this in the industry). Cheapy, in my opinion, does a fine job in this department.

[quote name='sdp']Question for Shipwreck, does Mortal Kombat really cover the story all the way up to Armageddon? I thought it only covered it up to 3 counting its missing pretty much almost everyone of the new combatants of the post MK3 games.[/QUOTE]

It actually starts at the end of Armageddon. Raiden sends a premonition back to himself at the beginning of MK1, so the story unfolds as an alternate reality of sorts of the events of MK1-3. At least that's how I understand it so far as I haven't finished it yet.

Early buzz about the "Revolution" brought me back into gaming. As little as I play my Wii, I can't wait to see what Nintendo has in store.

Buttons, touchscreen, and at least one analog stick—I wonder if you'll be able to use your 3DS as a second controller? You know...a $250 controller.

[quote name='shipwreck']It actually starts at the end of Armageddon. Raiden sends a premonition back to himself at the beginning of MK1, so the story unfolds as an alternate reality of sorts of the events of MK1-3. At least that's how I understand it so far as I haven't finished it yet.[/QUOTE]

i didn't play through any MK games after MK3 but you're right from what i read online about it. it's very cool. i haven't finished it either but the story is great. very long and well told.

Wombat, try looking at the rule sheet for the Mars table. A lot of cool stuff happens when you follow the table rules. The spider bot scans stuff, the ship avoids sandstorms, lots of ramp missions, the satellite runs around doing stuff, etc. I agree it's not as good as the Marvel tables, but you should at least give it a try. I think why it isn't that great is because Mars is an old Zen Pinball (PS3) table.

P.S. I beat your high score after my second game.

Notes to self about Cheapy:

Poops in pants when going onto CNN...

Doesn't wipe poop from boy's butt when he does a big poop...

...and pees on self in shower.

That about it or is there more? =)

Okay, okay, seriously - a few ideas on Nintendo's philosophy releasing their next system in 2012...

1. Unless the NGP gets pushed back a little bit, there won't be another system released in the entire year; Nintendo's would be the only console released, so no new competition.
2. The Wii has slid from the top sales spot in the US and shows no signs of life in terms of first party development or 3rd party development (sorry Conduit 2). So instead of all Nintendo stories revolving around the drop in sales, the story will be Nintendo's new system. Might as well start the hype train now, while sales of the Wii console are on the decline.
3. End of the Mayan calendar. We all die. He who releases the last console wins.
4. More motion gaming! With more 3rd parties developing motion controls into games, Nintendo really has to appeal to these 3rd parties with hardware capable of handling the graphics. Doubtlessly, many of these developers have avoided the Wii because they'll have to downgrade all their graphics assets, so this will create more streamlined possibilities for 3rd parties. (Of course, this will have a negative impact down the road for Nintendo, as Sony and Microsoft release new systems in 2014 that resoundingly trump the new Nintendo system's capabilities, potentially putting Nintendo back into the same hole with 3rd parties.)

So, Cheapy, you consider it positive reinforcement when computer voices call you fat? Interesting.

Very misleading show title, i was expecting an awesome poop story.

Other than that good show

im surprised you all thought so highly of enslaved. that game felt like a chore to me it did have some ok moments but the dodge roll was useless, the enemies are very cheap when they attack in packs and the story started out interesting but the ending was shit. and that chick trip is one of the most annoying game characters ive ever encountered in a game. ever. all she does is boss the guy around and bitch about shit.

ive never wanted to see a character in a game die more and i wish they would have made it possible to kill her and play on your own. halfway through the game i couldnt stand her saying his name monkey monkey monkey monkey help!!!!!! enslaved is basically a poor mans ico without any of the charm or fun.

[quote name='lokizz']im surprised you all thought so highly of enslaved. that game felt like a chore to me it did have some ok moments but the dodge roll was useless, the enemies are very cheap when they attack in packs and the story started out interesting but the ending was shit. and that chick trip is one of the most annoying game characters ive ever encountered in a game. ever. all she does is boss the guy around and bitch about shit.

ive never wanted to see a character in a game die more and i wish they would have made it possible to kill her and play on your own. halfway through the game i couldnt stand her saying his name monkey monkey monkey monkey help!!!!!! enslaved is basically a poor mans ico without any of the charm or fun.[/QUOTE]

Distinct minority on this one. Did she remind you of nagging ex, perhaps?

Shipwreck

I agree Melting Pot is AWESOME!!! It is a great place to eat, also you can pretend to your friends you "just went there because your wife wanted too" and save face when you know deep down inside you wanted to eat there as much as she did !!

I didn't like Enslaved all that much, and I bought it for $15, too. I have the same complaints that were mentioned before. The platforming and combat weren't good, and I fear the same will be true for Ninja Theory's Devil May Cry game.

Well, you guys finally got something right.

Enslaved was amazing. Great, satisfying combat, loved the story, and the facial animations.. incredible.

One of my games of the year for 2010. :)

I have to admit that I was surprised when Wombat said that he hopes Micheal Vick doesn't make the cover of madden 12. I don't know what Wombat's opinion is based on but I definitely disagree.

Wombat, I'd be down for helping to start a Batman religion. I know a lot of people that would love to worship at the house of the Bat.

Also, yes. Batman IS circumcised. Catwoman mentioned it in one of her books, and if anyone would know, I'd bet it'd be her.

About the new Nintendo system . . .

Nintendo never claimed to not be competing with Sony And Microsoft. Just not with the Wii. The Wii was clealry something different.

The biggest question is - will Sony or Microsoft be able to come up with something that can complete with the new Nintendo console. Can they go that much further in the power and graphics department. Or the online department. These aren'ty creative companies. What will they do?

I wanted to hear them so bad I got hard! I measured it and my dong grew an inch! that gives me a new NPD number (nine-pulsating-divisions).

Does that mean I can wear an XL condom stateside now?

Also, I hope somebody can explain that enslaved story. You guys should have an aftershow about the game and tell cheapy to pound sand. It would be epic because that story sure wasn't.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that Shipwreck should assert himself a bit more? He seems to be the odd man out whenever the topic doesn't have to do with new game releases (which is probably 65% of the show). I understand Cheapy needs to keep the showing going but damn, humor the guy. Just don't immediately switch topics as soon as Ship gets his two cents in. I hope the next time Cheapy does that shit to Ship, he should tell him to shut his face and listen to what I have to say.

Other than that, good show this week.

It's an inarguable point that Ship is the authoritative voice on the quality of any game talked about on the show. By the time he spends his two cents, there's not much else to say or talk about, so it's only natural the show should move on.

Besides, if he asserts himself too hard he might pass out.

Shipwreck: on Twitter, you listed your favorite games of the quarter. How about favorite games of the month now that April is pretty much over? Or is that too often?

Keep up the poop stories! Although I have to say, I have no idea how you forgot to wipe Tai's butt. My son is not quite done potty training, and I've never forgotten to wipe. Although he used to have lots of clean getaways, which always made me think I just wasn't wiping correctly. For you non-parents out there, wiping someone else's butt is not easy. Really weird angle.

Wombat:

How fearful are you that having a second child will completely deplete your time for games? I always feel like if I had two, on the rare occasions that I had enough time to play, I wouldn't have the energy to play.

[quote name='skadave']One more thing:

A good radio host knows how to steer a show. They will cut people off if they are talking too much about a certain topic and they will introduce a new topic to keep the show moving in the right direction (I personally think Opie from the Opie and Anthony show is the best at this in the industry). Cheapy, in my opinion, does a fine job in this department.[/QUOTE]

hey why dont you shut the hell up , cheapy is so damn rude , i met him at e3 i thought he was drunk , he has the attention span of shipwreck when he talks about or plays bad namco games , wombat is nice and polite , i have met him and the red head in person , cheapy needs a spanking from a person who LOVES him like you sir

[quote name='bgame2']Wombat:

How fearful are you that having a second child will completely deplete your time for games? I always feel like if I had two, on the rare occasions that I had enough time to play, I wouldn't have the energy to play.[/QUOTE]

It's not so much that you don't have energy - you have even less time. I have a soon-to-be 4-year-old and a 7-month old, and there is not a lot of free time. My older one is becoming much more interested in games, which is fun, but now I'm more worried about balancing his screen time with reading and physical activity. He always wants to play Mario Kart 64 now :)

bread's done
Back