Wii 2 pictures leaked!

zoobo

CAGiversary!
project_cafe_wii2.jpg

wonder how heavy the controller will be with that screen on it. reminds me of the VMU for the Dreamcast except this is built in.

[quote name='brb214']I bet all of my nonexistent money that this isn't legit.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i'm thinking the same thing. This is a dreamcast remote, not a nintendo one.

this would be a nintendo step backward. They are not in the business of making big ass clunky things. That just isn't the way they think.

My guess would have been a wiimote that flips open or you can control certain games with your 3DS.

It looks kinda like like a gamecube controller with a screen.
Regardless, it's probably fake.

CAN I WAGGLE WITH IT

Dreamcast VMU was great for Resident Evil games. Health and ammo w/o opening the menu? Win.

On another note, anyone who's played Pac-Man Vs with 3 GBAs + 1 GCN would understand Nintendo's intentions.

This is what I was hoping for when the Revolution was announced, it seemed like theological next step with all their GBA / Gamecube connectivity stuff. Finally stepping into HD and dual screen console gaming will pull me back into Nintendo gaming.

[quote name='confoosious']this would be a nintendo step backward. They are not in the business of making big ass clunky things. That just isn't the way they think.[/quote]The design of the thing is also waaay too rounded. Overall, it doesn't fit in with Nintendo's current Apple-esque hardware aesthetics.

Probably fake.

I'm sure though that we'll get some new gimmicky controller again on the Wii2 and it annoys me. It may have made them lotsa money, but it isn't that great for 'normal' games.

As much as I wanna play the new Zelda, I hate the idea that I'll be swinging my controller around like a fool playing it. I loved my NES and SNES when I was younger, and I wish they'd go back to those roots, or just become a 3rd party.

It's annoying to waggle my controller around, and it'll be annoying to look away from my TV to look at a small controller screen for any reason.

I really hope that gimmicky controller isn't true. I mean it's got to be heavy l and probably needs a charge every 30 mins. If they can give their first party games the HD treatment and depth that might come with more storage capacity (Blu-ray?) then I'd be happy as hell. Screw the controller, just focus on the games and the in-console hardware for better games down the road...

[quote name='Takemetamars']I really hope that gimmicky controller isn't true. I mean it's got to be heavy l and probably needs a charge every 30 mins. If they can give their first party games the HD treatment and depth that might come with more storage capacity (Blu-ray?) then I'd be happy as hell. Screw the controller, just focus on the games and the in-console hardware for better games down the road...[/QUOTE]

I doubt you'll ever see blu-ray on a Nintendo console, goes against their philosophy of being as cheap as possible.

[quote name='CouRageouS']This is what I was hoping for when the Revolution was announced, it seemed like theological next step with all their GBA / Gamecube connectivity stuff. Finally stepping into HD and dual screen console gaming will pull me back into Nintendo gaming.[/QUOTE]

So... God approves of this, is what you're saying?

[quote name='Takemetamars']I really hope that gimmicky controller isn't true. I mean it's got to be heavy l and probably needs a charge every 30 mins. If they can give their first party games the HD treatment and depth that might come with more storage capacity (Blu-ray?) then I'd be happy as hell. Screw the controller, just focus on the games and the in-console hardware for better games down the road...[/QUOTE]

I agree with that. I just read on IGN that it's supposed to be better than the X360 and PS3 so I really want to see this thing.

[quote name='zoobo']any other news about this?[/QUOTE]

I think the only thing that's confirmed for sure is that Nintendo plans to release the Wii's successor in 2012 and will be revealed at E3.

As much as dust as my Wii has collected, I'm probably the most excited to see Nintendo's latest console. All the rumors sound completely insane... but who knows, it could be pretty damn awesome.

If that controller is true I hope they include at least 2 of them with the console, the Wii controllers are expensive enough as it is but that thing looks like it will run at least $100 alone!!

I bet the next console is based on the Virtual Boy. I mean, the Wii is just the Powerglove technology recreated. Nintendo won't let their failures go. They will make us buy them somehow.

:p[quote name='theflicker']Sort of looks like a router. Or a Mad Men season one set.[/QUOTE]

Any tech in the Mad Men era would have had wood grain on it. :p

[quote name='screwkick']
1303719948949.jpg
[/QUOTE]

who designed that, a first year design student? There's no way in hell that's a nintendo product. It looks more like a dell pc.

also, why is the light on if it's not plugged into anything?

[quote name='confoosious']who designed that, a first year design student? There's no way in hell that's a nintendo product. It looks more like a dell pc.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we're about 18 months out from launch day. I doubt there is a finalized design yet. This is probably a dev kit.

I was just thinking that it's so unsexy, it might actually be real. Cause if you're gonna put out a fake leak, you'd make it HAWT so everyone would like it.

Suffice it to say, it's not gonna look like that when it releases. Cause that's damn ugly.

That thing is not sexy. Also; there's no way Nintendo's just going to give us controllers again, is there? Aren't they going to continue the odd controller scheme to re-trick casual gamers?

[quote name='Survivalism']I bet the next console is based on the Virtual Boy. I mean, the Wii is just the Powerglove technology recreated. Nintendo won't let their failures go. They will make us buy them somehow.[/QUOTE]

Arguably, that's what the 3DS is. With that said, the new console must be some kind of new ROB.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']
MadMen-S1_DVDint.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

[quote name='chimpmeister']I doubt you'll ever see blu-ray on a Nintendo console, goes against their philosophy of being as cheap as possible.[/QUOTE]

it's not about being cheap but being beneficial. the 360 could have a built-in hd dvd drive but microsoft was too cheap to have one installed on every xbox 360. but instead, microsoft went with a standard dvd drive.

sony went with a stupid cell processor that ended up costing the company and consumers big money. was it beneficial to have the cell processor in the end? no.

where is the cd drive? i don't see one.

btw, the powerglove was never a nintendo product. it was made by mattel [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Glove ].

i don't see a reason for using blu-ray. DVD is quite enough for the Wii market. And with procedural texture technology getting better and better, there is no need for huge media

[quote name='zoobo']i don't see a reason for using blu-ray. DVD is quite enough for the Wii market. And with procedural texture technology getting better and better, there is no need for huge media[/QUOTE]

Disagree, DVD is a problem for Xbox 360

Minor problem at best right now. How many games required multiple discs? We are nearing the 6 year mark for the 360 without a new console on the horizon, which is a relatively new concept. They've done pretty well thus far.

That being said, for a next gen console to have DVD would be a huge mistake. Games get bigger, not smaller, despite advancements in compression tech.

[quote name='Corvin']Minor problem at best right now. How many games required multiple discs? We are nearing the 6 year mark for the 360 without a new console on the horizon, which is a relatively new concept. They've done pretty well thus far.

That being said, for a next gen console to have DVD would be a huge mistake. Games get bigger, not smaller, despite advancements in compression tech.[/QUOTE]

Lots of developers complain about disc space. The producer of Last Planet 2 said they have to cut stuff the fit in 1 disc.

[quote name='Javery']Isn't a single layer blu-ray 25GB?[/QUOTE]
Ah, you're right. I tend to think of the double layer blu-ray as the standard.

I still can't imagine Nintendo wanting to give royalties to Sony for the tech, though.

they could go with hd dvd. hd dvd is cheaper than blu-ray, hd dvd can hold a good amount of data and hd dvd is not a standard. since hd dvd is not a standard, it means it is harder to pirate games as components necessary to use, such as burners and readers, are limited in access to the consumers [hd dvd has been discontinued by all electronic manufacturers].

just like the dreamcast, it uses a non standard drive, the giga drive. the giga drive stored 1.20gb of data as opposed to standard cd's. it was more problematic to pirate dreamcast games as you couldn't simply put the cd in an optical drive, rip the image and burn the game. it required the user to stream the image from the dreamcast to the computer using either a serial port or a broadband port. even after successfully ripping the image, you'd still have to put it back into a disc that can hold the data and where the machine can read the data and the media itself.

[quote name='blueshinra']Ah, you're right. I tend to think of the double layer blu-ray as the standard.

I still can't imagine Nintendo wanting to give royalties to Sony for the tech, though.[/QUOTE]

i don't understand this either. no wonder sony is not having any problems because nintendo is bailing them out. nintendo is the stupidest company.

[quote name='whoknows']I wonder how much controllers will be.

And are they trying to make it so you don't need a TV or something?[/QUOTE]

that's not sensible because how would you play games like wii sports on a small screen like that.

bread's done
Back