$8 coupon for Lion King Blu Ray + Trilogy/Beauty & the Beast 3D @ amazon

Celsius

CAGiversary!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse/ref=pe_37760_19563330_pe_00_head/b/?node=300381

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have purchased or shown interest in kids and family movies might like to know that "The Lion King," "The Lion King Trilogy," and "Beauty and the Beast (Blu-ray 3D Combo)" are now available to pre-order at Amazon.com.

Plus, save $8 on "The Lion King," "The Lion King Trilogy," and on "Beauty and the Beast (Blu-ray 3D Combo)" if you qualify for the Disney coupons. Make sure you are signed into your account to view the Disney Coupon Book. Both coupons expire on April 30, 2011.

Yea I got this email today and went ahead and preorderd both for 55 bucks figure with the price guarantee that will go down a bit

Interesting. This is the first I've heard of their being a Lion King Trilogy set, I might have to jump on this since, it'll likely be one of the best deals for it and because knowing how these things work, LK 2 and 1 1/2 either won't be available outside this set or buying all three outside the set will cost between $75-$90.

dammit. shouldnt have bought beauty and the beast on day one. that will be funny if i bought lion king trilogy and then they came out 3D versions of LK 1-1/2 and LK 2

[quote name='Nionel']Interesting. This is the first I've heard of their being a Lion King Trilogy set, I might have to jump on this since, it'll likely be one of the best deals for it and because knowing how these things work, LK 2 and 1 1/2 either won't be available outside this set or buying all three outside the set will cost between $75-$90.[/QUOTE]
This is why I pre-ordered it. I can always cancel too if it looks like they'll come out another way.

[quote name='Supreme0ne']will there be a non-3d version that's cheaper? or is this the only way to get a regular blu ray version now?[/QUOTE]

There is a standard two-disc Blu-ray/DVD pack that right now is $29.99. It could become cheaper as the release nears, but right now the 3D-combo pack is cheaper with the coupon. The two disc version doesn't have the coupon, you see.

Ugh . . . I don't think I can bring myself to double-dip on Beauty and the Beast quite so soon. If Disney knew that they were going to be releasing a 3D version, they should have waited on releasing that one at all.

Then again, given that it wasn't a 3D movie originally, I'm not sure that I really feel the need for a 3D version now anyway.

Is the Lion King trilogy worth getting? Weren't the other two movies direct-to-video releases? I definitely want the first movie, but I'm not sure whether the other two are worth bothering or not.

[quote name='starmask2k3']No where is it[/QUOTE]

It should be on the product page before you click on the button to order it.

You need to be signed in to see it. I think its near the product picture. It only appears for the 3d set and the trilogy box set. I didn't see it for the normal 2 disc set.

use the link in the OP and use the link in the coupon box.

I ordered all three, the trilogy, batb 3d and lion king 4 disc. I'll decide which to buy once we get closer to release, but this way I have the price locked.

[quote name='Penguin1084']use the link in the OP and use the link in the coupon box.

I ordered all three, the trilogy, batb 3d and lion king 4 disc. I'll decide which to buy once we get closer to release, but this way I have the price locked.[/QUOTE]

Same here, except for BatB. Ordered both Lion King (Box set and 4 disc) to see which one will be a better deal closer to release and the one I don't want I'll cancel.

[quote name='eth3real']there was a sequel to lion king? assuming it was direct to video...[/QUOTE]

yes it was.. as well as 1.5

I'm getting really pissed. The promotion applies when it uses my Amazon credit and the promotion doesn't apply with my credit card. I'm not going to tie up my Amazon credit preordering something that doesn't even have a release date yet. I want to use my credit card. Any advice? This is very very frustrating.

Edit: Nevermind, I just tied up my credit preordering something else so that I could preorder these 3 disney blu rays with my credit card.

[quote name='eth3real']there was a sequel to lion king? assuming it was direct to video...[/QUOTE]

Both Lion King 2 and Lion King 1.5 are direct to video. Honestly Lion King 2 with some polish to the script and a bigger budget should of been released in the theaters. Its not great by any means but an enjoyable sequel to the first one. Lion King 1.5 is pretty forgettable.

Your amazon account has to be set to allow coupons, I think... I recall reading something about that. Not sure where the settings are for it...

picture.php

[quote name='Demolition Man']Both Lion King 2 and Lion King 1.5 are direct to video. Honestly Lion King 2 with some polish to the script and a bigger budget should of been released in the theaters. Its not great by any means but an enjoyable sequel to the first one. Lion King 1.5 is pretty forgettable.[/QUOTE]

So they're probably great for kids, but for those of us adults who like animation but don't have (and don't plan to have) kids, it's probably best to just skip them, then?

Got the coupon and put in a 'What the Hell?' preorder, knowing I'll probably cancel it when there'll be a cheaper B&M price w/ a Disney coupon.

No way I'm buying the trilogy but I'm certainly picking up the first film. It's going to be about $30 after the coupon, that seems kind of high to me or is that reasonable for Disney? I don't buy many of their movies so I really don't know

[quote name='abhinav']No way I'm buying the trilogy but I'm certainly picking up the first film. It's going to be about $30 after the coupon, that seems kind of high to me or is that reasonable for Disney? I don't buy many of their movies so I really don't know[/QUOTE]

$30 after coupon is (very) high, but it's not uncommon for Amazon to list the price high early on (remember, there's not even an announced release date for this one yet) and then lower it to match their competitors later. Put in the pre-order now with the coupon while it's available, and then you can cancel it closer to the time if it appears that there's going to be a better deal somewhere else. If you don't, and it turns out that Amazon is the best deal when all's said and done, you'll have missed out.

For reference, I've gotten Disney blu-ray titles on release week for anywhere from $9.99 to $19.99, depending on the title. Since this is a 3D title, it'll be a little more expensive. Tangled 3D ended up being $16.99 from Amazon after all was said and done. Tron: Legacy ended up being $19.99 from Target, counting the $5 coupon that Disney gave for it, but not counting the additional discount for buying it with the original Tron (since there won't be a deal like that with this one). I would expect this one to fall somewhere in that range when all is said and done.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='abhinav']No way I'm buying the trilogy but I'm certainly picking up the first film. It's going to be about $30 after the coupon, that seems kind of high to me or is that reasonable for Disney? I don't buy many of their movies so I really don't know[/QUOTE]

$30 after coupon is (very) high, but it's not uncommon for Amazon to list the price high early on (remember, there's not even an announced release date for this one yet) and then lower it to match their competitors later. Put in the pre-order now with the coupon while it's available, and then you can cancel it closer to the time if it appears that there's going to be a better deal somewhere else. If you don't, and it turns out that Amazon is the best deal when release day comes, you'll have missed out.

For reference, I've gotten Disney blu-ray titles on release week for anywhere from $9.99 to $19.99, depending on the title. Since this is a 3D title, it'll be a little more expensive. Tangled 3D ended up being $16.99 from Amazon after all was said and done. Tron: Legacy ended up being $19.99 from Target, counting the $5 coupon that Disney gave for it, but not counting the additional discount for buying it with the original Tron (since there won't be a deal like that with this one). I would expect this one to fall somewhere in that range.

[quote name='arcane93']$30 after coupon is (very) high, but it's not uncommon for Amazon to list the price high early on (remember, there's not even an announced release date for this one yet) and then lower it to match their competitors later. Put in the pre-order now with the coupon while it's available, and then you can cancel it closer to the time if it appears that there's going to be a better deal somewhere else. If you don't, and it turns out that Amazon is the best deal when release day comes, you'll have missed out.

For reference, I've gotten Disney blu-ray titles on release week for anywhere from $9.99 to $19.99, depending on the title. Since this is a 3D title, it'll be a little more expensive. Tangled 3D ended up being $16.99 from Amazon after all was said and done. Tron: Legacy ended up being $19.99 from Target, counting the $5 coupon that Disney gave for it, but not counting the additional discount for buying it with the original Tron (since there won't be a deal like that with this one). I would expect this one to fall somewhere in that range.[/QUOTE]

As long as we get repeats of Target's pricing on release week, holding onto the Amazon pre-orders might be the best way to go, like they did with Tangled. Depending if they go with a lesser coupon at B&M like they did with Tron Legacy, with combined pricing for B&TB and TLK on the same purchase, Target B&M might work out as a better option. Best Buy might surprise us like they did with Cars' re-release and The Incredibles.

I put in pre-orders on all three, on separate orders with the coupon, and we'll see how it all plays out.

[quote name='arcane93']For reference, I've gotten Disney blu-ray titles on release week for anywhere from $9.99 to $19.99, depending on the title. Since this is a 3D title, it'll be a little more expensive. Tangled 3D ended up being $16.99 from Amazon after all was said and done. Tron: Legacy ended up being $19.99 from Target, counting the $5 coupon that Disney gave for it, but not counting the additional discount for buying it with the original Tron (since there won't be a deal like that with this one). I would expect this one to fall somewhere in that range.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm hoping for this to play out somewhat like the Tangled deal. All we need is for Target/BestBuy/ToysRUs/Wal-Mart to go $24.99 on the 4 disc set and this will be a steal.

[quote name='shrike4242']with combined pricing for B&TB and TLK on the same purchase[/QUOTE]

Assuming, of course, that they both come out at the same time. Since there's not an announced release date yet for either, we don't know that yet.

But yeah, the only way that I'll even consider double-dipping on B&TB will be if there's an extremely good combo deal like that which makes it extra cheap.

[quote name='arcane93']Assuming, of course, that they both come out at the same time. Since there's not an announced release date yet for either, we don't know that yet.

But yeah, the only way that I'll even consider double-dipping on B&TB will be if there's an extremely good combo deal like that which makes it extra cheap.[/QUOTE]It's assuming that, yes. We should know more in a couple of months, as I think they're both supposed to be fall releases.

Trade-in value on B&TB is $8.75 right now, for what that's worth.

What's odd is that Amazon is listing B&TB 3D as a 5-disc :whistle2:s release, Lion King as a 4-disc release. Also odd is that Lion King 1.5 and Lion King 2 aren't listed with separate releases. Maybe they'll be only as part of the combo "trilogy" pack initially and then get spun-off as separate releases, like we have with the Alien movies.

[quote name='shrike4242']It's assuming that, yes. We should know more in a couple of months, as I think they're both supposed to be fall releases.[/QUOTE]

Man, Fall is going to be packed with Disney releases . . . We've got Lion King and The Fox and the Hound as definite releases. Dumbo should be coming out somewhere in there (all that's been said so far is "2011", but we're rapidly running out of 2011 to release it in; if it hasn't been announced by now, the earliest it will likely be is late summer). Chances are that The Many Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh will get a blu-ray release to coincide with the blu-ray of the new Winnie-the-Pooh movie (which is a July theatrical release, so probably a fall blu-ray release). Now add the 3D release of B&TB on top of all that . . .

[quote name='shrike4242']Trade-in value on B&TB is $8.75 right now, for what that's worth.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I might look into what some local stores will give me for it as well. I still feel weird about trading it in so quickly, though. I'd feel better about it if I knew there were some other new content besides the 3D disc, but it doesn't look like there will be.

[quote name='shrike4242']What's odd is that Amazon is listing B&TB 3D as a 5-disc :whistle2:s release, Lion King as a 4-disc release.[/QUOTE]

It looks like they're adding a digital copy to B&TB as well as the 3D disc. Presumably TLK won't have a separate disc for special features like B&TB does.

[quote name='shrike4242']Also odd is that Lion King 1.5 and Lion King 2 aren't listed with separate releases. Maybe they'll be only as part of the combo "trilogy" pack initially and then get spun-off as separate releases, like we have with the Alien movies.[/QUOTE]

I suspect they probably don't expect huge sales for either of them, especially not from people who aren't buying the first movie. Maybe they expect TLK 2 to sell more than TLK 1.5, and they're packaging them together to force people to buy both.

i believe the coupons expire at midnight PST.

fyi.. the coupons are not valid for NY residents, so that may be why some posters cannot see them. Amazon did however send a Promotional code to NY customers as compensation. I believe it INCLUDED the non-3D Lion King, but the $8 promo was good on only 1 item, so those ordering both LK & BATB only got $8 off the total order.

Cant seem to find any news online... did anyone hear if they are thinking of bringing Aladdin to Bluray sometime soon?

[quote name='Steggy']Cant seem to find any news online... did anyone hear if they are thinking of bringing Aladdin to Bluray sometime soon?[/QUOTE]

It's rumored to be hitting Blu-Ray next year.

bread's done
Back