Transformers: War for Cybertron @ BB / Amazon PS3/360 $19.99

xxjonoxx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Best Buy has Transformers: War for Cybertron at $19.99.

PS3 - Best Buy

360 - Best Buy

Amazon has also matched this price:

PS3 - Amazon

360 - Amazon

This is the cheapest it has been at BB and Amazon since January when it was $30 on both sites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slightly cheaper at GoHastings, but it's used so take that with a grain of salt. Good find.

Really fun, especially if you dug the classic animated series. It's kind of a big love letter to it if you ask me. Had a blast with it and the cut screens themselves were light years better than that piece of trash TF2!

This is how a reboot is done, easily the best TF game ever made.

Highly recommended game, especially if you're even a novice fan of Transformers.

My only issue is that the once-excellent online experience has died down thanks to CoDBlOps and Halo Reach. I haven't played in a few months though, so I don't know if it got better or worse.

come on amazon, price match it baby! so odd bestbuy has some easter day sales with no shipping available but stores are not open for pick up?

[quote name='destro4eva']Really fun, especially if you dug the classic animated series. It's kind of a big love letter to it if you ask me. Had a blast with it and the cut screens themselves were light years better than that piece of trash TF2!

This is how a reboot is done, easily the best TF game ever made.[/QUOTE]

^THIS
I beat this game with a friend in online coop. It was great.
Way better than the awful video games based on the movies.

[quote name='blahtastic']Just curious but is this a one-day sale or is it going to be on all week long?[/QUOTE]

One day I think. I believe it's part of BB's online only Easter day sale.

Thanks for the heads up, been meaning to pick this up for a while and $20 new is probably about as good as it will get.

Ordered one for in store pickup. Gonna have to drive a short ways to get it, as all the local ones were out and Ship to Store was not an option.

Thank you for this post. This has been in my price tracker for months. I bought this on 360 and sold it, I'm in for one PS3 version.

Great Transformers game! Hope for a sequel.

I stopped playing campaign halfway through and multiplayer soon after. I know it takes place on Cybertron, but come on, all the levels look too similar. The Dark of the Moon game will fix that though.

[quote name='juanawoman']I stopped playing campaign halfway through and multiplayer soon after. I know it takes place on Cybertron, but come on, all the levels look too similar. The Dark of the Moon game will fix that though.[/QUOTE]
I was an extra in JuanaMan.

Missed the damn deal, couldn't get to a bestbuy that had one in stock (according to the website). Oh well, I'll own this game eventually

Thx OP. Been waiting on this game for a while. No in store or ship to store for me :( Luckily I have Silver status in RZ. Free shipping!

[quote name='theEchness']Thank you for this post. This has been in my price tracker for months. I bought this on 360 and sold it, I'm in for one PS3 version.

Great Transformers game! Hope for a sequel.[/QUOTE]

Now why would you do that? Get ready for lower framerates and lots of screen tears on the PS3. I have both versions and sold the PS3 one because of that.

Hope for a sequal too as this is the only G1 transformers game this gen. Big G1 fan here. :)

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Now why would you do that? Get ready for lower framerates and lots of screen tears on the PS3. I have both versions and sold the PS3 one because of that.

Hope for a sequal too as this is the only G1 transformers game this gen. Big G1 fan here. :)[/QUOTE]

Agreed I traded in the PS3 version for that reason and will be buying the Xbox 360 version. My store is no longer carrying this one so I have to this shipped to my house instead. Oh well 2.99 isn't going to kill me.

So is the screen tearing and lower frame rates on PS3 game killer or you only notice it due to having a 360 copy as well? I ask becaue I onyl have Ps3. Thanks

[quote name='wrencrest']So is the screen tearing and lower frame rates on PS3 game killer or you only notice it due to having a 360 copy as well? I ask becaue I onyl have Ps3. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I started with a PS3 version and found it's playable but not a fan of the flaws. Since I'm a fan of the G1 transformers, I must have a better version, hense bought 360 version and sold PS3 copy. I'm sure the PC version would be even better but my system is just average so it may just be slightly better than the 360 version. Didn't want to gamble as I'm happy with the 360 copy. So if you have a choice, 360 version wins hands down, just like most of other Unreal engine games.

I love this game. Like others have said, it is a love letter to the G1 Transformers series. You can tell a lot of love went into the game.

I was playing MP on Sunday and it had 800 or 900 people playing online. I never had a problem getting into a game.

Please support the developer, they did this game right.

[quote name='GordonG3cko']I love this game. Like others have said, it is a love letter to the G1 Transformers series. You can tell a lot of love went into the game.

I was playing MP on Sunday and it had 800 or 900 people playing online. I never had a problem getting into a game.

Please support the developer, they did this game right.[/QUOTE]

It's Activision, they are like the Empire in Star Wars!

I'm sort of interested, but I'd have to buy something else to be able to get free shipping on Amazon :/

[quote name='Azuvidexus']It's Activision, they are like the Empire in Star Wars!

I'm sort of interested, but I'd have to buy something else to be able to get free shipping on Amazon :/[/QUOTE]

Activision's the publisher, the developer is High Moon Studies and they're kind of a small studio that only opened in 2006. So far the only games they've developed are Darkwatch, The Bourne Conspiracy, Transformers: WfC, and they're currently working on the Transformers 3 game tie-in.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']It's Activision, they are like the Empire in Star Wars!

I'm sort of interested, but I'd have to buy something else to be able to get free shipping on Amazon :/[/QUOTE]

Come on Azuvidexus!

Pull the trigger on this game!

"The power of the dark side!"

But seriously, High Moon did a great job with this one. Just double up and get Vanquish as well.

:lol:

[quote name='Microshock']Man this game was so tedious. Levels were just increeeeeeeeedibly long for no reason. No cover system either[/QUOTE]
I've had this on loan from a friend for months now, and I wanted to love it but I'm struggling to sit down and just finish it. I do enjoy the voice acting and the on-the-fly transforming elements

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Activision's the publisher, the developer is High Moon Studies and they're kind of a small studio that only opened in 2006. So far the only games they've developed are Darkwatch, The Bourne Conspiracy, Transformers: WfC, and they're currently working on the Transformers 3 game tie-in.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GordonG3cko']Come on Azuvidexus!

Pull the trigger on this game!

"The power of the dark side!"

But seriously, High Moon did a great job with this one. Just double up and get Vanquish as well.

:lol:[/QUOTE]

If Amazon PMs Vanquish I'll give it a shot.

In for one! Almost purchased when the game came out, but waited. Thanks OP!

bread's done
Back