New rule: Users only appear on the member list after posting at least once

[quote name='zionoverfire']cool idea, that eliminates 70% of the accounts, right?[/QUOTE]

:lol: Even though I am laughing, that's probably the truth!

Thats cool. You might also want to look into making a rule where new accounts can't start threads until after posting x amount of times. It hasn't happened lately but it would prevent those spammers from signing up then immediately making those misleading link threads everywhere.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Thats cool. You might also want to look into making a rule where new accounts can't start threads until after posting x amount of times. It hasn't happened lately but it would prevent those spammers from signing up then immediately making those misleading link threads everywhere.[/QUOTE]

good idea, but ive seen some people on here that only have a few posts or less and have posted major deals....so im not sure how well that would work...or how worth it it would be...maybe we could spin that idea and have it so that new accounts can start threads, but the thread has to be approved by a mod before its shown to the public...

I have seen some good post by new CAG'ERS so not sure if good idea to make a min before can start a thread that is my 2 cents worth

[quote name='CouRageouS']Thats cool. You might also want to look into making a rule where new accounts can't start threads until after posting x amount of times. It hasn't happened lately but it would prevent those spammers from signing up then immediately making those misleading link threads everywhere.[/QUOTE]

What would stop the spammers from posting their spam in another thread?

[quote name='Kain Vincent']What would stop the spammers from posting their spam in another thread?[/QUOTE]
Well it wouldn't be as bad as those times when a new account would start several threads that would flood the front page. There was the one week awhile ago where it happened liked two or three times. But of course its just an idea, it can't block spammers all together but will at least hinder their bs.

TSD brings up a good point too. wlau comes to mind, he barely posts but when he does its always awesome deals. Maybe factor in how long they've been a member somehow? I don't know. The Mod thing is a good idea. The number of posts before starting your own thread shouldn't be a high number though, something reasonable. That way they've interacted in the community somewhat at least.

bread's done
Back