Strider 2 Misprinted--rarity?

Slodaddy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
126 (100%)
Hey VG Collecta-holics!

I was just cataloguing my collection and came across Strider 2. The version I have has the disks misprinted so that Strider 2 is labelled as "Strider" and Strider is labeled as "Strider 2". Any idea as to their worth, as compared to the correctly printed version? The reason I ask is that in the comic industry misprints can sometimes fetch quite a bit because they get recalled and subsequently have a small print run.

Any help/suggestions appreciated!

I had that, it went for pretty much the same price on eBay as the regular ones. I got like 5 bucks more cause I said it is a very rare misprint.

I'd love to see a new Strider, but this time don't give the player infante continues. That feature just killed the "replay value" of Strider 2.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Yeah mine are misprinted too.

And I'd kill a man for a new Strider game. Preferably 2D or 2.5D (ala Klonoa or Viewtiful Joe).[/QUOTE]

Yes, Strider was BOSS! It's bad enough that we got a minor teaser (Strider as a supportive and playable character) from the Marvel VS Capcom games. Let's march on down to Capcom headquarters and have a hunger strike or whatever until they make that damn game! And while we're at it, let's hold out for another Bionic Commando!

Hey RD--ditto about the infinite continues. They should reward skill, not continued "Start" pressing!

[quote name='Slodaddy']Yes, Strider was BOSS! It's bad enough that we got a minor teaser (Strider as a supportive and playable character) from the Marvel VS Capcom games. Let's march on down to Capcom headquarters and have a hunger strike or whatever until they make that damn game! And while we're at it, let's hold out for another Bionic Commando!

Hey RD--ditto about the infinite continues. They should reward skill, not continued "Start" pressing![/QUOTE]

Actually, his supporting role in MvC was what led to Strider 2 (the Capcom version). I agree with the whole infinite contine issue, even though mags like Gamefan and hardcore fans of Strider 2 didn't see it as a problem.

i've had 2 copies-- they're both like that.

Strider 2 was kinda boring. Maybe it was the infinite continues that made it less fun to play. I still play 1 all the time.

Well, it appears that most copies of the game were misprinted. Perhaps they simply decided to not re-print the game since it was probably only a modest success, if that.

Anyone played the original sequel to Strider on the Genesis? I heard it was pretty bad, but if I find it really cheap...

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/118116.asp

$3.99 before coupons.

It's not the worst game ever, but it is a pretty lousy sequel. It's like a 'made for tv' sequel to the original (it's a different Strider and they even recycle alot of the images from the old cutscenes). I heard the Commodore 64 version of Strider Returns was supposed to be different but I never played it.

bread's done
Back