The Official CAG May 2011 Pick-Ups Thread "May Flowers" Edition

adriley313

Banned
funny-pictures-cat-happy-flowers-gift.jpg

Don't be a fool in April, and have nothing to show for it.

Post your pickups!

---------------------------

Past threads, thanks to ZerotypeX and ZxT Vendetta for the list of previous months/years threads.

January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011

Chrono Trigger is a great find! Now you can spend some money on a box/manual, and still get a good overall deal.

[quote name='Squarehard']I don't have flea markets where I live.

Now I'm depressed. T___T[/QUOTE]

I don't have jobs where I live, how do you think I feel? You all with your...shiny toys and...Mortal Kombats...and....sex parties.

[quote name='Survivalism']I don't have jobs where I live, how do you think I feel? You all with your...shiny toys and...Mortal Kombats...and....sex parties.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

My only pick up thus far is a brand new PlayStation Move bundle, complete with the PlayStation Eye, the Move controller, and a sealed copy of Sports Champions. I can't be bothered to take pictures as I don't have my camera right now. The price was the best of thing. How much you ask? FREE.

My neighbor just bought the 320GB PS3 Move bundle and did not want anything to do with the Move so he gave it to me free of charge. I even offered to buy it off him, but he said no. :D

[quote name='Tsel']My neighbor just bought the 320GB PS3 Move bundle and did not want anything to do with the Move[/QUOTE]

That's pretty sweet. My neighbors do baffling things, too, but they never work out in my favor. :D

poHxA.jpg

Traded for these at Gamestop. Exciting, I know. I'm really ready to find a new job. The dog didn't come from Gamestop, I already had that.

[quote name='salty tbone']That's pretty sweet. My neighbors do baffling things, too, but they never work out in my favor. :D[/QUOTE]
And later on that night, he brought over grilled barbecue chicken, grilled porkchops, grilled hot dogs, and homemade mashed potatoes. Neighbor of the year. :applause:

May is already looking nice for me.

picture.php

Clue Dungeons and Dragons edition (Complete, no missing pieces) - $1.99

PSP Games:
Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner - $5 (Complete)
Shin Megami Tensai Persona - $5 (Complete)
Half Minute Hero - $5 (Complete)
Spectral Souls - $3
Generation of Chaos - $3
Aedis Eclipse Generation of Chaos - $3

Genesis:
Starflight (Complete with map) - $2
Centurion Defender of Rome (Complete) - $2

Weezer Video Capture Device DVD - 4.99

This month is looking good, when I got to work today a guy there who's in the process of moving asked if I wanted a copy of Guitar Hero Aerosmith and the guitar. He says he found them on ebay a year ago for $5 and free shipping, and just picked them up for the hell of it despite not having a PS3. He gave them to me for free, the games still sealed, even :V

No pics, but I got The Beatles Rock Band Limited Edition bundle for PlayStation 3 at Sears for $100. Other than the box being very beaten up, all of the contents inside was brand new.

I found some free software, so I don't have to use youtube to "make" the video now. I'll do another update once more of my stuff actually gets here lol

Kung Fu Hustle (Axe Kickin Edition) DVD - $5 shipped off amazon marketplace
Better Luck Tomorrow - $4 shipped off amazon marketplace
Cars Blu-Ray - $15 used dvd store
Toy Story 3 Blu-Ray - $15 used dvd store
Shaolin Soccer DVD - $4 used dvd store
The Host (2 disc) DVD - $6 used dvd store

[quote name='kk012']Thanks to the GS B2G2 sale, I doubled my GBA collection:)

Here is my haul![/QUOTE]

Good god how much did this wonderful collection run you?!

also hit up the cover project for some cases!

Today's Pickup 5/3/11

Play N Trade Pickup:
icongamecube.gif
Donkey Kong: Jungle Beet
icongamecube.gif
Donkey Konga 2
iconps2_r2.gif
Jak II
iconps2_r2.gif
Jak III
iconps2_r2.gif
Hot Shot Golf 3
iconps2_r2.gif
Mark of Kri
iconps2_r2.gif
Maximo: Ghost to Glory
iconps2_r2.gif
Onimusha: Warlords
iconps2_r2.gif
Shinobi
iconps2_r2.gif
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

GameStop Pickup:
icongamecube.gif
Viewtiful Joe 2

Grand Total = $25 (via B1G1 on PS2, GC, Xbox) :D

104_0044.jpg

Amazon, Zavvi, Ebay.

104_0045.jpg

Haven't bought NES games for a while but I got an incredible deal from a good friend so I had to get these :D

[quote name='Tempius']Keep the vids up Zaku. I always enjoy watchin pick ups vids. I intend to start makin videos once I move.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I definitely will. I enjoy watching them too. There is just something strangely entertaining about them.

JjQIo.jpg

I've been playing this for a few hours now and I don't know how true this is, but apparently, Medieval Madness isn't the only table in this game.

Went to BB today to pick up one of those clearanced PowerGig sets and I stumbled onto a UMD version of Patapon 2. Been looking for one.

[quote name='Zaku77']Here is my second of these videos that people probably don't care about lol. Any feedback is appreciated (especially a good free program!!!! :3)

[/QUOTE]

Just got done watchin your vid, while droppin a deuce. Good stuff!

[quote name='fwbweux']
104_0045.jpg

Haven't bought NES games for a while but I got an incredible deal from a good friend so I had to get these :D[/QUOTE]
I love Alien Syndrome! One of the few games Tengen made that are worth playing.

Hey everyone. These are my early May/ really late April pickups

From thrift stores:
P5160002.jpg
P5160001.jpg

For a $1 i couldn't pass these up.
P6020002.jpg

I found these later but they were 100% complete. The day I found these the thrift store was full of complete games. I picked out the best sadly no Stadium Events, Earthbound or anything to rare (Did NES/SNES games come in a plastic baggie inside the box?)
Flea Market:
P5160003.jpg

An Atari 7800, 2600-Vader, and a Sears Tele-Games. With some controllers (anyone know what that white and blue controller is for?) All for $20 and in working condition.
Finally kicking off May with an really awesome start for hunting
Craigslist:
P6070001.jpg

Everything works and is complete/accounted for *to the best of my researching* First the guy was saying they sell for $1000, then he was asking for $300, I finally got it down to a reasonable $100. I have been looking for this for ever.

[quote name='kermit036']Hey everyone. These are my early May/ really late April pickups

From thrift stores:
P5160002.jpg
P5160001.jpg

For a $1 i couldn't pass these up.
P6020002.jpg

I found these later but they were 100% complete. The day I found these the thrift store was full of complete games. I picked out the best sadly no Stadium Events, Earthbound or anything to rare (Did NES/SNES games come in a plastic baggie inside the box?)
Flea Market:
P5160003.jpg

An Atari 7800, 2600-Vader, and a Sears Tele-Games. With some controllers (anyone know what that white and blue controller is for?) All for $20 and in working condition.
Finally kicking off May with an really awesome start for hunting
Craigslist:
P6070001.jpg

Everything works and is complete/accounted for *to the best of my researching* First the guy was saying they sell for $1000, then he was asking for $300, I finally got it down to a reasonable $100. I have been looking for this for ever.
[/QUOTE]
:drool::drool: Nice job getting those NES/SNES games.

Here are some more of my pickups. Some are from late last month and some are more recent. My backlog keeps growing and growing.

photo-32.jpg

TRU
$5 Pokemon Ranger & Explorer Games (I couldn't resist picking them up :))
All $9.98 each: Halo 3 OSDT, Dante's Inferno, Kung Fu Rider, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, Baroque, Phantasy Star 0 (I wish I found a copy of :ps3: RB3 :cry:)
$5 Major Minor's Majestic March
$16.99 Vanquish

photo-31.jpg

BestBuy
$7.99 DQ9
$14.99 Metroid: Other M
$17.99 Blazblue: Continuum Shift (BB Clearance YMMV)

photo-30.jpg

Gamestop
$1.99 DK Bongos
$39.99 Pikmin 2 (I had a $10 off pre-owned game coupon from PUR so I bought it because it was complete and disc is mint except for 1 scratch)
$3.99 Geist (complete and disc is mint)
$4.99 Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg (complete and disc is mint)
$7.99 Luminous Arc (missing manual-oh well)
99 cent Gamecube Microphone (I needed this to play some of the minigames in Mario Party 7)

Newest Pick Ups.

kbvqe.jpg

$35.48 Castlevania Lords Of Shadows Collectors edition (Sealed)
$40 Forza 3 Limited Edition (Sealed)
$30 Mass Effect Limited Edition (Like New)

33ku8ac.jpg

$40 Mortal Kombat (Sealed)
$35 Portal 2 (Sealed)
$10 Bioshock Limited Edition (Like New)
$14 Gears of War 2 Limited Edition (Like New)

20j0p51.jpg

$11 The World Ends With You (Like New)
$30 Pokemon Black (Sealed)
$100 Mario DSI XL (New)

$33 Fallout New Vegas Collectors Edition (Sealed)

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back