Jump to content

- - - - -

Advice on whether or not to upgrade my Jasper 360 to a Slim (w/ Amazon $50 credit)

#1 dallascowboys   How'BoutThemCowboys? CAGiversary!   425 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  


Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:28 PM

Hey, I just need some advice on whether or not to upgrade my 360. I have a Jasper with a 60 gb hard drive that I'm thinking about trading in to Amazon for $150 and then using that to buy a 4gb slim with a $50 credit. Aside from buying a new 250 gb hard drive, I would practically break even. Basically, my Jasper is still running just fine, but I'd like to have built-in wifi and need a little more hdd space anyways. As far as reliability goes, is the slim more reliable than the Jasper? Thanks for your advice!

#2 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37483 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:34 PM


Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 BShea   Devoted Deal Seeker CAGiversary!   248 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:47 PM

I upgraded from my Jasper w/ 250GB to a 250GB Slim/Kinect bundle. I don't regret the system upgrade at all. The Kinect, that's another story altogether lol

Posted Image

#4 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19802 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:04 PM

No. Might as well wait until BF where there will be better deal

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#5 trent82   Master Of Unlocking CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:49 PM

i think your main consideration should be if you want to wait until e3 for a potential price drop or new sku. it's only 5 weeks away.
3DS Friend Code :: 5112-3434-8624

#6 akuma77   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   338 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:49 AM

i highly doubt the non-kinect consoles will receive any price drop. The push for the price drop is predicted to sell Kinect.

Nice try though.