Dance Dance Revolution PS3

200STM

CAGiversary!
Hey fellow PS3 CAGs I am a fan of Dance Dance Revolution and I was wondering if any fellow PS3 owners here in the Sony forums have Dance Dance Revolution for PS3. I didn't find any forums for the PS3 version of the game so I thought why not make one. I don't own this game and I do plan on picking it up as soon as I have some money, but in the mean time I am wondering what you guys have to say on DDRs PS3 debut. Feel free to discuss the PS2/PS1 era DDR games as well (I started when Konamix came out in 2001 and I'm currently playing DDRMAX1 on PS2)

I could have sworn I made a thread about the game somewhere in the PS3 forum (back in November). I'll discuss more about the game (I put a lot of time into it and got like 70% of its trophies), but I'm off to bed now. If you want to know, feel free to ask me. I've played almost every console DDR game too.

I will at least say its fun like DDR, but songlist is a bit shallow (being just over 50).

I was browsing the PSN store awhile back and noticed that you could buy track packs from older games like Konamix. How are the DDR pads connected to a PS3, by usb adapter or they like the Dual Shock 3 through blue tooth?

I'm asking because I have a ton of old PS2/PSone DDR pads that I was wondering if I could connect them using to a PS3 through a PS2 to USB adapter.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I was browsing the PSN store awhile back and noticed that you could buy track packs from older games like Konamix. How are the DDR pads connected to a PS3, by usb adapter or they like the Dual Shock 3 through blue tooth?

I'm asking because I have a ton of old PS2/PSone DDR pads that I was wondering if I could connect them using to a PS3 through a PS2 to USB adapter.[/QUOTE]The PS3 pad is USB, but the big question is whether you can actually get an old pad to work. Most USB to PS2 converters don't fully work right.

Hey Mana Knight, you have a bc ps3 right? Does the usb dance mat work with ps2 DDR games?

@anotherpoorgamer; I noticed that this has old DDR songs to download in this mix and I hope they release more song packs every october (instead of releasing a new mix). I hope theres more konami originals come to this mix, if they go this route this can be the best us mix since Extreme 2 (I got to say X2s songlist was kinda good).

[quote name='200STM']Hey Mana Knight, you have a bc ps3 right? Does the usb dance mat work with ps2 DDR games?

@anotherpoorgamer; I noticed that this has old DDR songs to download in this mix and I hope they release more song packs every october (instead of releasing a new mix). I hope theres more konami originals come to this mix, if they go this route this can be the best us mix since Extreme 2 (I got to say X2s songlist was kinda good).[/QUOTE]I could not get my Ignition 3.0 USB pad to work on my old PS3 for PS2 DDR games. Didn't really work right on the XMB either.

This was my DDR thread
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278708

Anyway, my opinion about the game is:
+Arrows and backgrounds are pretty
+timing of dances is good.
+/- Some licensed songs are great, some are horrible.
-Konami original songs are not that great this time around.
-Too few songs.
-PS Move stuff does not play well.
-Club Mode isn't exactly a great way to unlock songs. Hard to earn trophies based on the way the mode works.
-No online play

Overall, I'd say its one of the weaker DDR games, although still better than DDR Universe 2, possibly better than DDR Ultramix, first DDR, etc. No where near as good as most PS2 DDR games. However, since I enjoy playing DDR and like playing PS3, the game is addicting still. I got it for under $60. I feel it was worth it.

bread's done
Back