Wii Muramasa: The Demon Blade $12.93 amazon

This game would have been way better had it not been for the slowdown... and if it was in HD. Call me a graphics whore all you want and though the game was stunning in ED, it would be bonerific in HD and if it ran smoothly.

Too bad the rumors of a HD release on PSN/XBL never came to light.

[quote name='Vinny']Too bad the rumors of a HD release on PSN/XBL never came to light.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I tried to hold out for an XBLA version as well. I'm sure the original art was in an HD format though if it followed a traditional japanese dev process there would have been intensive touching up and remastering in final rez which would cost time and money.

Anyway considering I got this and S&P for 26.82 I'm perfectly happy if I only play this thing for a few hours to admire the art.

Thanks a ton OP!

Beautiful 2d graphics but awful copy-paste level design and repetitive as hell combat. For $13 it's worth a look but just go in expecting the game to be a dumb tedious slog between the sparks of quality: the boss fights.

You push up to jump.
For everyone like me who hates that just a head's up. If that doesn't bother you it's supposed to be a great game.

[quote name='Vinny']Too bad the rumors of a HD release on PSN/XBL never came to light.[/QUOTE]

I never really heard much word, but this isn't happening now? Only reason I haven't gotten this yet as I was hoping for a release on XBL.

[quote name='JStryke']I never really heard much word, but this isn't happening now? Only reason I haven't gotten this yet as I was hoping for a release on XBL.[/QUOTE]

It was just a rumor... I think it's been a year since the rumor originally surfaced and since then, there hasn't been a word about it so I think it's safe to say that it's not happening.

If this thread is miraculously still relevant when I get my copy I'll post my limited impressions.

I appreciate the comments though, even negative ones, because I'm trying to stop buying 12 dollar games that I don't like or get to.

I honestly enjoyed Vanillaware's Odin Sphere and Grim Grimoire more than Muramasa. It's not a bad game at all, but there's just so much backtracking at times.

[quote name='falcinator']Just did the same as the above poster..! Thanks OP, been waiting on a good price for this![/QUOTE]

So you did nothing? Technically, I haven't bought it yet. :razz:

Muramasa was a great game, I don't see how someone can criticize the graphics.. they are all hand drawn ffs. It looks amazing. If one plays Muramasa, you owe it to yourself to complete all the challenges. It actually requires some skill and makes you sweat a bit to figure out how to fight properly.

i actually have this but havent opened it. I think i'll get one more copy at this price. One to open and one to keep sealed

anyone got another game

[quote name='danhoo']I honestly enjoyed Vanillaware's Odin Sphere and Grim Grimoire more than Muramasa. It's not a bad game at all, but there's just so much backtracking at times.[/QUOTE]

I loved the backtracking. Usually I hate it but this game is so beautiful i actually looked forward to it.

[quote name='Vinny']This game would have been way better had it not been for the slowdown... and if it was in HD. Call me a graphics whore all you want and though the game was stunning in ED, it would be bonerific in HD and if it ran smoothly.

Too bad the rumors of a HD release on PSN/XBL never came to light.[/QUOTE]

I've been playing it on the Dolphin emulator and it runs at a locked 60 fps at 1080p on my pc. granted the drawn sprites are the same resolution, but it looks significantly better.

and yes, i own the game and am playing it off an iso i ripped from my game.

combat is very fun, imo, feels like a modern 2d ninja gaiden.

Great game at this price. Playing this was some of the best time I spent on the Wii! The voice acting is also superb IMO. BUY IT! :bouncy:

Damn I payed $50 for this game when it first came out for the cool little poster thing that came with it...and I haven't even opened the game yet.

Damn it.

[quote name='Kenshindono']i actually have this but havent opened it. I think i'll get one more copy at this price. One to open and one to keep sealed

anyone got another game

[quote name='Ryuukishi']How difficult is the game?[/QUOTE]

My only complaint with the game, it only has two difficulties. Easy was too easy for me and hard was too hard. In hard it felt like every fight could be my last and managing sword durability was so difficult. If you block, it drains fast, and when it breaks you have to switch(have 3 swords active at once, if something breaks it'll eventually repair itself in it's sheathe while you use another one).

The game can get really fast and intense and I wasn't good enough at dodging so blocking was my main alternative. On easy all the opposites were true.

The up to jump thing was stupid but less of a problem than I originally thought it would be though. Because the game is so fast and floaty, being not completely precise with my jumping all the time didn't prove to be a major pitfall, but I still would've preferred the controls differently.

[quote name='thashadow911']I actually really liked this game. One of my favs for the wii.[/QUOTE]

Same. And I initially had the same thought about a dedicated jump button, but having it on the D-pad opens up your other thumb to concentrate solely on mashing attack.

Sigh. I bit since there was one left in stock yesterday, only to see that amazon now has it for 12.81 . Oh well.

I bite on this along with Castlevania after recommendations by a Best Buy employee. Apparently is a wii gem, I will judge for myself. At this price and with the score Amazon gives it in reviews, I think it is worth the gamble.

I got the game a couple months back for a half-a-dollar cheaper but still haven't opened it yet. I hope to open it soon and see how the game turns out for me.

Finished this a few months ago. Awesome, awesome game. I played through on "Hard" since "Easy" was too easy; it was tough, but worth it. The final boss is just insane. Top notch art and music.

BTW, went back and picked up Odin Sphere for the PS2 after playing through this. (Sadly haven't gotten to it yet.)

[quote name='Jaysonguy']You push up to jump.
For everyone like me who hates that just a head's up. If that doesn't bother you it's supposed to be a great game.[/QUOTE]

This is what killed the game for me. Shame they didn't support the classic controller or just make it on 360/PS3.

looks like sin and punishment went up just as i was about to get that and this i hate amazons weird ass price increase who the hell sells games at 15.92?

bread's done
Back