Assassin's Creed Revelations - The End of Ezio's Story - November

madbst

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Ubisoft announces Assasin's Creed Revelations after a few teasers.

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...ficially-announced-first-screenshot-released/

Today, Ubisoft announced the development of Assassin's Creed Revelations, the fourth installment in the critically acclaimed and immensely popular video game franchise. Developed and led by Ubisoft Montreal with the support and expertise of Ubisoft studios Annecy, Massive Entertainment, Quebec, Singapore and Bucharest, Assassin's Creed Revelations presents the most immersive experience available in the series to date and the culmination of Ezio's adventure. The game is set to release on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC this November.

Initially launched in 2007, the first three Assassin's Creed games have sold more than 28 million units worldwide, and the franchise is now established as one of the best-selling series on next generation consoles. Recognized for having some of the richest, most engrossing storytelling in the industry, Assassin's Creed has transcended video games, branching out into other entertainment experiences such as comic books, Facebook, novels, short films and more.

In Assassin's Creed Revelations, master assassin Ezio Auditore walks in the footsteps of his legendary mentor, Altaïr, on a journey of discovery and revelation. It is a perilous path - one that will take Ezio to Constantinople, the heart of the Ottoman Empire, where a growing army of Templars threatens to destabilize the region.

In addition to Ezio's award-winning story, the acclaimed online multiplayer experience returns, refined and expanded, with more modes, more maps and more characters that allow players to test their assassin skills against others from around the world. The latest chapter in the Assassin's Creed saga also includes revolutionary gameplay, allowing players to manipulate the construct of Desmond's memories and the Animus to decipher the mysteries of his past and gain insight into the future.

"Delivering the final chapter of the Ezio trilogy is an important milestone in the Assassin's Creed franchise for us and for our fans," said Alexandre Amancio, Creative Director at Ubisoft Montreal. "Assassin's Creed Revelations includes lots of new features and some significant surprises. We can't wait to show our fans what we have in store at E3 this year."

Can't wait! Constantinople though??

[quote name='cliqueatnightvandal']I have a hard time respecting a series that makes yearly releases.[/QUOTE]
I would agree with this if they had not proven me wrong with AC:Bh.

[quote name='cliqueatnightvandal']I have a hard time respecting a series that makes yearly releases. That said quality will most-likely be top notch.[/QUOTE]

Pretty silly statement. AC has consistently improved each time out. And AC BH was the best, despite coming a year after II. I have high hopes and will now eagerly anticipate each release in the franchise until they do wrong.

[quote name='KingBroly']No, 2 was the best. Brotherhood was good though.[/QUOTE]
I know this is mostly something that gets written off as a personal opinion- but I'm curious what would cause you to say that 2 was better than Bh. Care to elaborate?

The combat improvements, assassin meta games, mission sync challenges, guild interactions and horse control improvements were all done so well. It's hard to view Bh as anything other than an improvement on AC2.

AC2 is amazing too though, based on the fact that it was the next step from AC (which I honestly think was a bad game).

Don't forget the addition of the MP, which I thought was super cool. Took them a few patches to get it just right. With that experience, I expect this one to play well out of the gate.

And as far as milking, they would stop if people didn't buy them. And people wouldn't buy them if they weren't super solid. It is win win now (at worst you don't have to play it), until Ubi drops the ball.

EDIT

Just realized we get to play as Altair as well...

"spread out between three playable characters: A distinguished Ezio, who ventures to Constantinople amid the rise of the Ottoman Empire; 12th-century assassin Altair; and the descendant who ties them all together, Desmond."

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Saint Noir']Don't forget the addition of the MP, which I thought was super cool. Took them a few patches to get it just right. With that experience, I expect this one to play well out of the gate.

And as far as milking, they would stop if people didn't buy them. And people wouldn't buy them if they weren't super solid. It is win win now (at worst you don't have to play it), until Ubi drops the ball.

EDIT

Just realized we get to play as Altair as well...

"spread out between three playable characters: A distinguished Ezio, who ventures to Constantinople amid the rise of the Ottoman Empire; 12th-century assassin Altair; and the descendant who ties them all together, Desmond."[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I was going to leave the MP stuff alone though- since it couldn't really be compared to the AC2 experience.

I'm excited about getting Altair back into the picture. He seemed like a cool character that didn't get to really do much because of the way that AC1 was formatted. If they were going to do something to tie Altair & Ezio together, I kind of wish they had done a 2nd game of just Altair post Apple when he estabilished the league, then a wrap-up game after that.

Story wise- Ezio will be about 50 years old when this game starts, so it doesn't make a lot of sense for him to be diving off of building and stuff. Maybe his sections of the game will take a backset to Desmond and Altair this time around.

[quote name='nbballard']Story wise- Ezio will be about 50 years old when this game starts, so it doesn't make a lot of sense for him to be diving off of building and stuff. Maybe his sections of the game will take a backset to Desmond and Altair this time around.[/QUOTE]

He looks grizzled for sure. Maybe that is why they are introducing the new tool that is some sort of climbing hook... so he isn't scurrying up buildings as much. Needs a boost. :lol:

[quote name='Jodou']Assassin's Greed. How about you stop milking this into oblivion Ubi?[/QUOTE]

I want more, love these games, and so far the quality hasnt suffered so who cares?

Will this be the final chapter though? Or is it just the end of Ezio saga.

After playing 2 i just presumed that 3 would wrap it up. Then came Brotherhood which was excellent and I just presumed was AC2.5 and a filler (albeit great filler) in between the 3rd and final chapter.

Like me some Revelations too though. Will definitely pick up.

I guess it is expected for AC3 to be released in 2012 and coincide with the whole "end of the world" bullshit. Until then, I guess Ubi needed another filler lol. Anyway, definitely picking this up if I can play as Altair again.

[quote name='edson13']I want more, love these games, and so far the quality hasnt suffered so who cares?[/QUOTE]
Because it bankrupts creativity and I start to tune out games that are constantly being released. AC is awesome, but I don't want to play it every year. When I'm reviewing gaming news daily, stuff like 'NEW SCREENSHOT ZOMG' just wears on me and by the time the game comes out I'm so sick of hearing about it I don't feel a driving need to play it. Maybe that's a separate issue, but if it continues year after year then it has the same effect really.

I also thought 2 was better than Brotherhood. I dont know why. Might be I liked the story better, but I also seemed to think the frame rate and overall performance seemed to take a hit in Brotherhood. I could have forgotten how 2 was though. Also, for the record, I hated the first game. Revelations has my piqued my interest.

EDIT: Oh cool. If they can make this new hookblade tool similar to the way Infamous railgrinding and/or Just Cause 2's chute worked, I will be all over it. I loved those games since you could zip around the map real fast. This could make the new AC even more fun to traverse.

[quote name='nbballard']I know this is mostly something that gets written off as a personal opinion- but I'm curious what would cause you to say that 2 was better than Bh. Care to elaborate?

The combat improvements, assassin meta games, mission sync challenges, guild interactions and horse control improvements were all done so well. It's hard to view Bh as anything other than an improvement on AC2.

AC2 is amazing too though, based on the fact that it was the next step from AC (which I honestly think was a bad game).[/QUOTE]

I thought the Single Player was better. The Pope was a much better villain than Caesar. I also really didn't like the ending of Brotherhood. It was a giant "fuck You" moment for me.

In addition, there was no real point in having 100% Synchronization of Missions stuff in Brotherhood. It didn't net you anything extra or do anything. Also...getting the Flags sucked so much worse in Brotherhood than in 2.

[quote name='KingBroly']I thought the Single Player was better. The Pope was a much better villain than Caesar. I also really didn't like the ending of Brotherhood. It was a giant "fuck You" moment for me.

In addition, there was no real point in having 100% Synchronization of Missions stuff in Brotherhood. It didn't net you anything extra or do anything. Also...getting the Flags sucked so much worse in Brotherhood than in 2.[/QUOTE]

100 percent sync did net you unlockables, they were for replaying of levels only, but it did get you something. You also got a bronze trophy if you 100 synced one level and a silver trophy is you 100 everything plus the DLC.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Some cool tidbits here. Definitely has my interest peaked and doesn't sound as if they are resting on their laurels at all.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/06/assassins-creed-revelations-details-from-gi-hookblades-bom/[/QUOTE]

-Never played the first AC, so I'll be looking forward to playing as Altair
-I wish they'd put some combat in for Desmond as well, not a big fan of just the climbing and running
-Having four districts is nice, hopefully it'll be bigger than Brotherhood's Rome
-Random events a la Red Dead is a nice addition
-Lastly, hookblade? Sure!

[quote name='KingBroly']I thought the Single Player was better. The Pope was a much better villain than Caesar. I also really didn't like the ending of Brotherhood. It was a giant "fuck You" moment for me.

In addition, there was no real point in having 100% Synchronization of Missions stuff in Brotherhood. It didn't net you anything extra or do anything. Also...getting the Flags sucked so much worse in Brotherhood than in 2.[/QUOTE]
The pope was cool, but the face of Jesus was right up there with him i thought.

The ending was a little more abrupt than the first 2 games- but really it's all been handled the same.

They really need to stop milking this series, this game feels like more of the same.

after this game don't make any other AC game for about 4 years.

It's been annualized. Get used to it.

As long as the gameplay continues to improve I can make room for it in my schedule every November.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Did anyone else get in on the MP Beta for this? I got an invite for it and I don't know how. Not complaining though.[/QUOTE]

Nope. and I'm an avid Brothehrood MP player too, meanwhile my friends who doesn't even play get in...

OK I just tried the MP beta for this.
Am I missing something but is there no way to change the controls?
I can't play in standard Y axis look, I'm used to Invert Y axis, but can't play if it's set to regular.
The main menu options are greyed out, and in-game if I pause there's no option to change controls that I was able to find. :(

I hope this is only like this for the beta and not for the full game lol

[quote name='Ashtaar']So impressions?[/QUOTE]

its fun and all but my major gripe with the game is the useless stun attack. someone comes to kill you all you can do is stun them which instead of allowing you to kill them all it does is reduce the value amount of the assasination they will get on you and give you 100 points.

and you will be very lucky if you can stun someone. doesnt make any sense to me why you can kill an assasin hunting you after you stun them. un a fan of the series though but only for sp i cant wait to see how the story ends.

Hey Beta Assassins, you may have noticed the Beta went down for a very brief maintenance. The good news is: it's back! The awesome news is: we unlocked 'Artifact Assault' Mode and 'Galata' Map to make up for any inconvenience. ENJOY!!

[quote name='lokizz']its fun and all but my major gripe with the game is the useless stun attack. someone comes to kill you all you can do is stun them which instead of allowing you to kill them all it does is reduce the value amount of the assasination they will get on you and give you 100 points.

and you will be very lucky if you can stun someone. doesnt make any sense to me why you can kill an assasin hunting you after you stun them. un a fan of the series though but only for sp i cant wait to see how the story ends.[/QUOTE]
That's all I needed to hear. Sounds like they did nothing to improve the gameplay and the exact reasons I hated ACB MP. Oh well, looks like another AC I won't plat because of shit MP trophies.

I just hope it doesn't take 5-10 minutes to find a match like it did in AC:B. So far it only takes about a minute or two in the beta, which is still long compared to other games but at least it's much better than Brotherhood.

[quote name='Thongsy']Because they know Special edition games get reduced to half price or less within months?[/QUOTE]
This IS Ubisoft you're talking about. They invented week two price drops.

The 1st batch of AC:R will include the full game of AC on the disc. Still unsure why companies aren't smart enough to just offer a $100 truly LE/SE/CE AC "Ultimate Assassin's" bundle with all 4 titles(AC, AC2, AC:B AC:R) or a console bundle ie. GoW3 or Star Wars w/the same game bundle. Such an easy way to strengthen their brand and give good value at the same time. This year alone all the titles that are 3's could've used trilogy packs(resistance 3, battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, MW3, GoW3 etc).

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.p...creed-revelations-ps3-comes-with-original-ac/

For anybody that cares, the awesome song in the trailer is Iron by Woodkid. I would have never got really hyped for this as AC:B looked like an add on more than a full fledged game but the song and the trailer work masterfully, job well done considering I'm kinda excited for this now.

ANyone pre-ordering from Amazon?
Apparently you get an Altair skin as well as a and a pair of TriOviz 3D glasses ($30 value).. I was thinking about getting those glasses anyways since they're compatible with Batman Arkham City too :)

Oh FFS, the game isn't even out yet and there's another sequel coming next year; probably AC3. Didn't they JUST SAY the series needed a rest? Unbelievable.

bread's done
Back