Witcher 2 Premium Edition + DLC Under $36 Shipped From TheHut

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
I very nearly placed a pre-order on this from The Hut yesterday, but thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster's meatballs I didn't, as there's now a £2 off a spend of over £20 voucher. That brings The Witcher 2 down from £23.85 to £21.85 with free Worldwide delivery! That's US$35.83, according to xe.com.

While they do often despatch pre-orders before the release day, you'll still get it at least a week after release, I estimate. If you're in a rush to play the game on release day, I recommend ordering the download version directly from www.gog.com as their version is 100% DRM-free and includes some exclusive pre-order goodies and a free game (choose one of five) from their catalogue (I recommend Gothic 2 Gold from that lot).

The disc version of The Witcher 2 does not require an Internet connection to play, nor does it require the disc in the drive, but it DOES require an active internet connection just once, when you first install the game. Good enough for me! The Hut's boxed version (Premium Edition) also includes some DLC and a coin.

Oh, what's the discount code for £2 off £20 at TheHut? It's MAY2

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm. Anybody familiar with this site? This looks like a "too-good-to-be-true" deal. Would this version register in the U.S.? It also looks like something that was intended for distribution across the pond only. . . .

Heh, just noticed I didn't even include a link! Sorry! And I worked so hard to make my post all professional and stuff! :D

The Hut are fine, warreni, they're the same company as zavvi and there are plenty of threads about them on this forum (quite a few more in the last month or so, since they started offering free international delivery). PC games are region-free (at least, in the West). There may possibly be some MMORPG exceptions, but this isn't an MMORPG. And thank you :) too good to be true, eh? I wasn't sure how it stacked up against the US competition, thanks! :)

Edit: gog.com have just sent out their newsletter, the original The Witcher will be US$4.99 on gog from Tuesday. If you haven't played it before, I recommend it!

I'm in for one. I would have ordered this at some point from Gog, but I really like having physical stuff (paper manuals, discs, et cetera); the only US collector's edition (I collect CEs especially for SP RPGs) is $150 and includes things I'm not that excited about, like a bust of Geralt's head. This is a much better price for the "good" CE content.

[quote name='warreni']I'm in for one. I would have ordered this at some point from Gog, but I really like having physical stuff (paper manuals, discs, et cetera); the only US collector's edition (I collect CEs especially for SP RPGs) is $150 and includes things I'm not that excited about, like a bust of Geralt's head. This is a much better price for the "good" CE content.[/QUOTE]

They have it on there for $105, but im waiting for my copy of brink to arrive before I buy anything else from this site.

Better off just getting it from Amazon. $50 with $10 GC. So it's a $4 difference for way faster delivery and piece of mind.

I found some reviews of that site on trustpilot.co.uk and they weren't good.
Seems they like to oversell and then cancel orders. At that price assume they will probably take way more orders then they can fulfill, and end up cancelling a lot of them. They seem to be really slow in refunding money so that makes it worse.

good deal. in for 1. thank you OP.

edit: nevermind cancelled and ordered via Amazon, didn't see the $10 GC and had credit with them anyway.

bread's done
Back