DEAD - Amazon's 10 Days of 70% off PC games

Nice deal.
I got in on the EA Flash deal for this for 50% off, few days ago. :)

I'm sure someone will ask, so I'll do it first on their behalf. ;)
Can Amazon's key for DA2 PC download be registered on EADM?

I think your ea games are available on EADM after you've registered them. That happened with a copy of Shift....I sold it, a year later I open eadm for the first time since I registered the game and it'll let me DL and play it

I bought The Saboteur from Amazon a while back when they had it on sale for like $7 or something and I had to start the download with Amazon. Once I did that, I think a key appeared in my Amazon account and taking that key, I stopped the silly Amazon d/l and applied the key to EA DM.

Like magic, it appeared. I say this, but I also warn you that there are some games that are supposed to be usable on EA DM (and to be fair work for others) but don't work for me. Mass Effect will not register on EA DM despite the fact that it does for others. Nor will Mercenaries 2: World on Fire, which also works for others.

I can't get those keys to work at all. That said, I got games like Red Alert 3, Mirror Image and The Saboteur to work when SOME others can't get those to work from what I gather. EA DM is unfortunately a crap shoot on which games it'll take. I actually like EA DM, for the most part, because it feels like such an extra to me. I'm not required to use it, I can use it to get free re-downloads for games I already bought on disc (or elsewhere), it's free, the downloads do NOT have the silly 1 year limit EA used to impose, and the EA DM software's not bad as long as you don't let it start up with Windows. I wish they'd add an option to disable the chat function from showing up on the screen even after being disabled, though.

Anyways, hope that helps.

Very clever, Amazon. First offer 10 days of free casual games, then offer discounted core games for those already coming to the site to see if anything else is free.

[quote name='AcrylamideTic']But at the same time, someone from the company made a thread here about the Crysis 2 deal and the thread was deleted and the poster got banned so maybe the mods know something I don't.[/QUOTE]

CAG has a pretty strict rule of "No retailers advertising unless they talk to the head cheapass first." I'm going to guess that's why it was pulled. Would be nice if we were informed though.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']CAG has a pretty strict rule of "No retailers advertising unless they talk to the head cheapass first." I'm going to guess that's why it was pulled. Would be nice if we were informed though.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh. Maybe. All I can say is I had a flawless experience with them and am now playing Crysis 2.

[quote name='AcrylamideTic']Ahhh. Maybe. All I can say is I had a flawless experience with them and am now playing Crysis 2.[/QUOTE]

Anyone ever tried them with steam keys? It looks like they are legit, but not US. They claim the steam keys are region-free, but I thought all steam keys were tied to the country of issue. I know there have been problems with foreign keys in the past, so I'm quite scared to try it.

[quote name='mietha']Anyone ever tried them with steam keys? It looks like they are legit, but not US. They claim the steam keys are region-free, but I thought all steam keys were tied to the country of issue. I know there have been problems with foreign keys in the past, so I'm quite scared to try it.[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, no game cannot be registered on Steam, even if it's from a different country. Some games, however, do have restrictions placed on them. Like German copies of L4D2 are censored.

Just bought Crysis2 from cdkeysdiscount.com. They sent a scan of the key pretty much instantly (in fact the email with the key arrived before the order confirmation email :) )

The key registered fine with EADM.

[quote name='enforcer2003']Just bought Crysis2 from cdkeysdiscount.com. They sent a scan of the key pretty much instantly (in fact the email with the key arrived before the order confirmation email :) )

The key registered fine with EADM.[/QUOTE]

So I was thinking about buying from this site, and after registering, I got this email:

Your account login details

E-mail address: MY [email protected]
Password: *PLAIN TEXT PASSWORD HERE*

What the balls? Who sends people's passwords in plain text? That lack of security has kind of spooked me from the site.

[quote name='Ilovetots']Dragon age 2 is available at CD Key discount for $23.99 they email you the cd key then you just type it into EA Download Manager. Just bought one myself.
http://cdkeysdiscount.com/product.php?id_product=80[/QUOTE]

Wasn't there something you got for buying Dragon Age 2 retail? Like some kind of content DLC you got? Is that included with just the key or was that even done with the PC version? Anybody know?

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']So I was thinking about buying from this site, and after registering, I got this email:

What the balls? Who sends people's passwords in plain text? That lack of security has kind of spooked me from the site.[/QUOTE]

Huh, you're right, checking back on my emails they did do that. I guess I've gotten used to it since my school does it ALL the time. But it is not a very good policy.

Wasn't there something you got for buying Dragon Age 2 retail? Like some kind of content DLC you got? Is that included with just the key or was that even done with the PC version? Anybody know?

Pretty sure that was just for pre-ordering it, Signature Edition I think it was called. And then after release some retailers had extra Signature Editions so you could still buy it, but I don't think there's any difference between the DA2 on Amazon or the DA2 you'd buy at Gamestop (if they had PC copies.)

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']So I was thinking about buying from this site, and after registering, I got this email:

What the balls? Who sends people's passwords in plain text? That lack of security has kind of spooked me from the site.[/QUOTE]

My, that is rather lame. Especially in light of the recent fuckups by SCE. Good thing I used a throwaway password and email address.

Day Three: Half off Patrician IV. Rise to the most influential member of the trading league.

$29.99 $14.99

[quote name='Tel']Day Three: Half off Patrician IV. Rise to the most influential member of the trading league.

$29.99 $14.99[/QUOTE]

ooooooooooooookay. And they were off to such a good start

[quote name='Tel']Day Three: Half off Patrician IV. Rise to the most influential member of the trading league.

$29.99 $14.99[/QUOTE]

Which, in addition to being a crap game, is $5 more than the physical copy. Yeah, um, some great deal there...

Balls, I just brought Magicka a few days ago off of a member for $6. Could of saved a buck D: Kidding aside, its a great game. I recommend the game to anyone who loves to co-op.

[quote name='6er']wow, don't think I've seen too many that low. I guess amazon game dept got in trouble for putting good games on sale?[/QUOTE]There are actually games with lower scores than the 35 for this game:

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/xbox360?sort=desc&view=condensed&page=11
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps3?sort=desc&view=condensed&page=7
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/wii?sort=desc&view=condensed&page=7

Just to hit a few possibilities.

[quote name='shrike4242']There are actually games with lower scores than the 35 for this game:

[URL] [URL] Just to hit a few pos...zon went out of their way find a crappy game

I tried Shadow Ops at a friend's house. It's absolutely terrible -- believe the metacritic average. Do not waste money on this game. And this is coming from someone who loved Alpha Protocol.

Day 8: Darkspore for around $25. Wait until around 12:30am PDT for the price to be updated. It's live!

Last edited by a moderator:
Think I'll have to get Darkspore for that price. I love my ARPGs. :D

EDIT: The boxed version is only $19.90 as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. That's a great price on the boxed version. Unfortunately it's not via Amazon, so it's not Prime eligible. :(

[quote name='Killbomb']Think I'll have to get Darkspore for that price. I love my ARPGs. :D

EDIT: The boxed version is only $19.90 as well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jkimrey']Wow. That's a great price on the boxed version. Unfortunately it's not via Amazon, so it's not Prime eligible. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't realize that until after I posted. With the shipping from the other site, it ends up being around the same as the download version. Anyway, surprised this game slipped under my radar since I am a big ARPG fan. Digging it so far so maybe it will satisfy my ARPG fix until Torchlight 2 or Diablo 3. :D

Tempting, but I got LA Noire and the Witcher 2 coming next week as well as a backlog, so I"ll probably pass until the next steam sale.

[quote name='jkimrey']Wow. That's a great price on the boxed version. Unfortunately it's not via Amazon, so it's not Prime eligible. :([/QUOTE]

But it is from GoGamer, so I was hoping they would have it at their site with a little cheaper shipping, but I had no idea their site was under maintenance.

bread's done
Back