Official Nickelodeon Shows on DVD Thread (Fully Updated)

aTaRiFrEaK223

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
51k0bKbWitL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Angry Beavers Seasons 1/2 - $15.99

Angry Beavers Season 3 Part 1 - $14.99

51-52UwfOHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Rocko's Modern Life Season 1 - $11.49

Rocko's Modern Life Season 2 - $11.49

Rocko's Modern Life Season 3 - $13.99 July 3rd

61Z%2BaTeLa4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Wild Thornberrys Season 1 - $15.99

The Wild Thornberrys Season 2 Part 1 - $13.99

The Wild Thornberrys Season 2 Part 2 - $15.99 April 24

51BuJRo78pL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hey Dude Season 1 - $11.99 OUT NOW

Hey Dude Season 2 - $11.49

Hey Dude Season 3 - $14.99 June 19th

51yb6IoLaWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hey Arnold Season 1 - $15.99

Hey Arnold Season 2 Part 1 - $14.99

Hey Arnold Season 2 Part 2 - $13.99 July 24th

51%2BdW1pA93L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

CatDog Season 1 Part 1- $11.49

CatDog Season 1 Part 2- $15.99

CatDog Season 2 Part 1- $17.99 June 5th

51dw6pVqsyL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters: Season 1 - $11.49

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters: Season 2 - $15.99 May 15

51A3OXMCbwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Danny Phantom Season 1 - $15.99

Danny Phantom Season 2 Part 1 - $14.99

51PZCPKA93L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Adventures of Pete and Pete Season 1- $14.49

The Adventures of Pete and Pete Season 2- $19.99

517PAR8EAKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51L1KhhOYXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Secret World of Alex Mack Season 1- $7.49

51YYYEEBNRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Clarissa Explains it All Season 1- $14.49

51NrEdZECxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Spongebob Squarepants the First 100 Episodes (Seasons 1-5)- $34.99

Spongebob Squarepants Season 6 Vol 1- $15.73

Spongebob Squarepants Season 6 Vol 2- $16.73

Spongebob Squarepants Season 7- $19.99

51KRQ4AZ4SL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Ren and Stimpy Seasons 1 and 2 - $24.99

Ren and Stimpy Seasons 3 and 1/2 - $25.49

Ren and Stimpy Seasons 5 and Some More of 4 - $24.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LinkinPrime']They need to add Aaaaaah Real Monsters...pronto.[/QUOTE]

Can agree with that one 100%. Angry Beavers and Hey Arnold were just announced this week, so maybe Aaaaaah Real Monsters will be coming soon. Also, I sound like a n00b, but I had 2 other threads one for Rocko and the other for Hey Dude. How can I get the mods to close those?

I have a bad feeling about these season releases. I know these shows have about 4-5 seasons each, and I'm worried the future seasons of some of these shows might not even materialize.

Once Netflix started putting most of the animated shows up on their site for streaming I pretty much lost interest in the release of the DVDs, however I too am still hoping for the live action shows like Salute Your Shorts and maybe a states release of Are You Afraid of the Dark.

Took them long enough...my interest has sort of waned, really. They would have had me 2-3 years ago as an instant buy. Dumb media company is what it is. Plus, I can just Netflix them now or through other methods because they took so long.

Hey Dude?? Hell yeah!
Next up how about we get some Salute Your Shorts, Welcome Freshmen and I'd probably even pick up Fifteen. Horray for early Nick dramas.
Can we get some David the Gnome and Eureka's Castle too?

[quote name='PopcornBandit']I need Salute Your Shorts, All That and Kenan and Kel and I'll be very happy.[/QUOTE]

This

I want Round House. I'd KILL for Round House on dvd.

I have most of You Can't Do That On Television, but if that was officially released, I think I'd die.

What? WHAT?! Angry Beavers is finally getting a proper DVD release? This is incredible news. I might also pick up Hey Arnold or Wild Thornberries.

Now if some of the old WB series from the 90s would get DVD releases my nostalgia trip would be complete. I'd pay a high price for the seasons of Histeria or a proper Pinky and the Brain release that isn't the "selected episodes" garbage of the existing set.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']
Next up how about we get some Salute Your Shorts, Welcome Freshmen and I'd probably even pick up Fifteen. Horray for early Nick dramas.
Can we get some David the Gnome and Eureka's Castle too?[/QUOTE]

Preach I want everything you listed to come out especially Eureka's Castle.

I will give lots of cash money for Salute Your Shorts. I know my sister would kill for Noozles and Maple Town, although they weren't Nick Shows per se.

No special features and it not being uncut (which means the later seasons will very likely not have special features and be censored) kinda strips away all enthusiasm I had for the Rocko season set releases, might as well just stick with the netflix instant watch version. I had such high hopes when it was revealed Shout! was doing the DVD release.
icon_sad.gif

I wonder if Doug will also get a proper DVD release and not the Amazon on demand DVD-R stuff.

Make sure to buy, guys. Too many cartoons get stuck in limbo when sales aren't so hot. For example, Gargoyles always comes to mind,

[quote name='guardian_owl']No special features and it not being uncut (which means the later seasons will very likely not have special features and be censored) kinda strips away all enthusiasm I had for the Rocko season set releases, might as well just stick with the netflix instant watch version. I had such high hopes when it was revealed Shout! was doing the DVD release.
icon_sad.gif
[/QUOTE]Where did you learn of this? If that's the case then I might think about returning this to Amazon...

Rocko, Angry Beavers, and Hey Dude will be mine. As mentioned though, Salute Your Shorts and AYAOTD need to also be released onto DVD, oh, and Clarissa Explains It All.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Where did you learn of this? If that's the case then I might think about returning this to Amazon...[/QUOTE]
http://www.shoutfactory.com/community/4080/thread.aspx
As for the cut scenes, it's really not our decision to make. Whenever we approach a licensor going into a project, we always ask for original, uncut masters. In this case, we were handed what we've got to use and told these were the masters that were approved for use and that no others were available to us.
Also on the Rocko page on Shout!'s website
*Please note that the only available masters for this show are the rebroadcast episodes, some of which contain minor edits for adult content.
If there are special features on the disc, the Shout! pages list them, and there are none on Rocko's page. Rocko's amazon page also says "special features: none."
[quote name='imacgod']I wonder if Doug will also get a proper DVD release and not the Amazon on demand DVD-R stuff.

Make sure to buy, guys. Too many cartoons get stuck in limbo when sales aren't so hot. For example, Gargoyles always comes to mind,[/QUOTE]
Think that was more a matter of a change in management than sales, pretty much every Disney afternoon 1990's cartoon had their dvd sets abruptly ended around the same time. I doubt the sales of every single title were too low to justify further releases.

[quote name='guardian_owl']http://www.shoutfactory.com/community/4080/thread.aspx
Also on the Rocko page on Shout!'s website
If there are special features on the disc, the Shout! pages list them, and there are none on Rocko's page. Rocko's amazon page also says "special features: none."

Think that was more a matter of a change in management than sales, pretty much every Disney afternoon 1990's cartoon had their dvd sets abruptly ended around the same time. I doubt the sales of every single title were too low to justify further releases.[/QUOTE]

If you read the thread on Shout's website about Rocko, it looks like there is 1 bit of 1 episode that is cut.

[quote name='scott2hotcott']If you read the thread on Shout's website about Rocko, it looks like there is 1 bit of 1 episode that is cut.[/QUOTE]
yes 1 bit of 1 episode this season with more to follow in the coming seasons, which are the exact same cuts which are on Netflix instant watch versions, hence why I have no drive to purchase it. I will not reward bad behavior, especially since this is the fourth time Nickelodeon has gotten it wrong (iTunes release, amazon burn DVD on demand, and the aforementioned Netflix streaming).

I really hope they release the last season of, The Adventures of Pete and Pete. It was my favorite Nickelodeon show of all time (besides Are You Afraid of the Dark?) of course.

[quote name='takotchi']Apparently Rocko has only the censored versions. Too bad. Pass.[/QUOTE]

That sucks, what exactly was censored? I haven't seen Rocko in 10 plus years so I don't remember a lot.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']That sucks, what exactly was censored? I haven't seen Rocko in 10 plus years so I don't remember a lot.[/QUOTE]
This site is a good overview.

Of course I can't find it at the moment but I believe Joe Murray has said in the past that he doesn't have any say/involvement with anything because Nick owns all the rights.

EDIT: I may be wrong. The archive for his blog is down/gone and Google is spotty but according to the Wikipedia article "Murray worked with his legal team to regain the rights, so that an official DVD can be released."; the cite for that is one of his old/missing blog posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Shoulda Been Harvey']This site is a good overview.

Of course I can't find it at the moment but I believe Joe Murray has said in the past that he doesn't have any say/involvement with anything because Nick owns all the rights.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks, didn't realize all that stuff was cut. Know I don't know if I want to buy it. I just haven't seen it in so long.. Damn.

How can they cut material like that when I recall watching an episode where it involed nose bleeding, puking and etc. I believe it was the carinval episode and it was aired on Nicktoons channel. Also, I can not recall these cuts being made when I first watched it back in 1993.

[quote name='E_Man']How can they cut material like that when I recall watching an episode where it involed nose bleeding, puking and etc. I believe it was the carinval episode and it was aired on Nicktoons channel. Also, I can not recall these cuts being made when I first watched it back in 1993.[/QUOTE]

Back in 1993 it was before the tv ratings system and I remember a lot more being let through in those cartoons, Think back to ren and stimpy or the tick, the amount of humor that was above a kid was huge.

Hmmmm. Decisions, decisions. I kind of want to support the release of cartoons like rocko on dvd, yet I don't want to support the lame ass censorship. Don't know what to do now.

I may just give it to my nephew so he can get a taste of the awesomeness that was 90s cartoons.

I decided to get it anyhow, so I never cancelled my preorder on Amazon. Anyhow, I got it today and inside was a leaflet saying that CatDog, Danny Phantom, and Aaahhh!!! Real Monsters Seasons 1 were coming to DVD soon.

Can anyone who's gotten any of these DVD sets check if there are closed captions? Amazon's page doesn't suggest there are captions. As I'm significantly hearing impaired, I need captions to enjoy the shows.

The reason these are the edited version is because of the shows that aired on Nick and MTV during this era, when they would edit them for content, they would physically edit the original masters, so the excised material no longer exists. It happened for Ren and Stimpy as well as Beavis and Butthead, the original broadcast versions of many episodes of these shows no longer exist in the archives of MTV and Nick, the only way to find them is to track down a copy that was recorded off TV when it originally aired.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Can anyone who's gotten any of these DVD sets check if there are closed captions? Amazon's page doesn't suggest there are captions. As I'm significantly hearing impaired, I need captions to enjoy the shows.[/QUOTE]

No subtitle/caption options on the set for Rocko.

[quote name='dg7md']No subtitle/caption options on the set for Rocko.[/QUOTE]

Man, so disappointing. :cry: I'm almost certain I remember reading captions on Nicktoons TV or something years ago. Rocko was the one I wanted most.

[quote name='spmahn']The reason these are the edited version is because of the shows that aired on Nick and MTV during this era, when they would edit them for content, they would physically edit the original masters, so the excised material no longer exists. It happened for Ren and Stimpy as well as Beavis and Butthead, the original broadcast versions of many episodes of these shows no longer exist in the archives of MTV and Nick, the only way to find them is to track down a copy that was recorded off TV when it originally aired.[/QUOTE]

That blows.

[quote name='spmahn']The reason these are the edited version is because of the shows that aired on Nick and MTV during this era, when they would edit them for content, they would physically edit the original masters, so the excised material no longer exists. It happened for Ren and Stimpy as well as Beavis and Butthead, the original broadcast versions of many episodes of these shows no longer exist in the archives of MTV and Nick, the only way to find them is to track down a copy that was recorded off TV when it originally aired.[/QUOTE]

It amazes me that they would cut the master copies like that. How did that not seem like a bad idea at the time?

[quote name='dg7md']No subtitle/caption options on the set for Rocko.[/QUOTE]
You could try putting it in the computer and firing up windows media player to see if there is closed caption embedded in the video. Closed captioning doesn't work over HDMI (only analog), but often times when I play a TV DVD on my computer that doesn't have subtitles, I can turn on closed captions (which don't show up on my television) in windows media player and have subtitles that way. If that works, he could at least watch Rocko on a computer.

bread's done
Back