Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
This has me interested but the absolute glee the developers seem to be having in making the difficulty controller-throwingly worthy makes me glad the NES days are over. I enjoy being crappy at video games, why do they have to take that away from me?

Now these are the types of special edition I support. Some actual, physical bonuses rather than some DLC bullshit, for basically buying it day one and no added premium.

I wasn't going to get this game but no way am I passing up a free special edition.

EDIT* Holy crap, even comes in a metal case!

yeah, i'm all over this, but i wasn't sure if it'd be wise to order it on amazon before they list it as the 'limited' or 'collectors' edition. i know they're good about their whole "pre-order price guarantee" but i'm somehow worried about the system not registering it as the LE/CE.

am i just paranoid? can anyone shed some insight into this?

In for a pre-order. If a better LE/CE offer pops up, it's easy to cancel.

This is the first game I've ever been interested in the CE. If they offer a deluxe bundle for $100+ I'm pretty sure I'd have to buy it. I liked Demon Souls that much.

lol, I was in the Catherine Preorder thread and thats all I heard. I hate arguments over opinions. You're not gonna change anyone's opinions on things with pointless arguing.

I've never pre-ordered anything from amazon so I was just wondering... do they charge you when they ship the game or do you pay today if you place the pre-order today?

[quote name='illmatic21']I've never pre-ordered anything from amazon so I was just wondering... do they charge you when they ship the game or do you pay today if you place the pre-order today?[/QUOTE]
They charge when the item ships so you can preorder today and cancel anytime.

Also damn looks like I got to preorder. A free upgrade to the collectors edition is great and I don't mind paying MSRP to the successor to the best game on the PS3.

[quote name='illmatic21']I've never pre-ordered anything from amazon so I was just wondering... do they charge you when they ship the game or do you pay today if you place the pre-order today?[/QUOTE]

I believe it's when it ships.

they take credits immediately, any remaining is when it ships.

Pre-Order complete. Now hopefully Amazon does not screw this up and I somehow end up not getting the bonus goodies.

DS ranks as my top game this gen bar none. This dev has earned MSRP from me. I cannot say that for the vast majority of others in the last several years.

all over this! Easily my most anticipated title of 2011. Just hope amazon doesn't screw up the CE upgrade. I can see that being an issue.

[quote name='Loonknight']Great news, already pre-ordered this title when it was in my gold box/quick picks.[/QUOTE]
Awesome. Same here. $55.09 damn good deal. Sucks that the soundtrack is digital but cant beat free extras with a metal case.

[quote name='Tgebbs']yeah, i'm all over this, but i wasn't sure if it'd be wise to order it on amazon before they list it as the 'limited' or 'collectors' edition. i know they're good about their whole "pre-order price guarantee" but i'm somehow worried about the system not registering it as the LE/CE.

am i just paranoid? can anyone shed some insight into this?[/QUOTE]

Amazon will automatically upgrade you to the collectors editions. They did it for me with Dragon Age 2 when I preordered a long time before the signature editions were announced.

And if they screw up they will give you credit anyways so win-win. They miss a lot of release date deliveries but it is fine with me because they credit me $10 each time it happens.

I had already had Dark Souls preordered for 360 but I added PS3 today in case there is some sort of exclusive content announced later on. Cant wait for this game.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']This has me interested but the absolute glee the developers seem to be having in making the difficulty controller-throwingly worthy makes me glad the NES days are over. I enjoy being crappy at video games, why do they have to take that away from me?[/QUOTE]
Taking it away? I don't see how a couple of games each year out of millions of casual-aimed tripe is "taking away" anything.

[quote name='Ionotropic']in my goldbox FTW[/QUOTE]

Same here. Can't beat $55. You've got a heart of gold, Amazon. Don't let them take it from you.

[quote name='shrike4242']Why 360 and not PS3?[/QUOTE]

Is there a reason to get PS3 over 360 that we know of? I own both but buy cross-platformers on 360 since that is what the majority of my friends have. With that asked, I am 110% ordering this...Demon's Souls is one of my top 10 games ever.

[quote name='fwbweux']Same here. Can't beat $55. You've got a heart of gold, Amazon. Don't let them take it from you.[/QUOTE]

I see wut you did there.

Also, I'm in for 1 on PS3. I'm sure PSN will be back up by then. Nothing beats the rush of that big red BEING INVADED message.

I wasnt going to get this either, but I just have to preorder it now. Cant hurt since I can cancel it later if a better deal pops up or I decide against it later.

Awesome, i've had this preordered since the first time it showed up as gold box. $55 for a CE of what will probably be my game of the forever? Yes please.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Taking it away? I don't see how a couple of games each year out of millions of casual-aimed tripe is "taking away" anything.[/QUOTE]

This ^^

I think he misinterprets the source of said "Glee". It is coming from us gamers who enjoy games which do not simply require us to mash buttons in order to get to the next cut scene.

And don't get me wrong, I find value in the casual stuff too. I just refuse to pay top dollar for it. God help you if you try and play something like Demon Souls after a bottle of wine...

[quote name='kn1ghtrydr']I'm in... always wanted a steel case (missed out on the MVC3 one)![/QUOTE]

FYI its called a steelbook (or metal pac depending on the type)

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']I have no idea what this game is... In for a 360 copy.[/QUOTE]

you have good intuition my friend

noob question: so is this free upgrade only on Amazon or all retail stores such as Gamestop or Best Buy?
i tried to look it up but im on my phone and found nothing

[quote name='georgecostanza']i have no idea what this game is... In for a 360 copy.[/quote]

lol

I'm jizzing over the metal case (not literally...yet), but wtf with the digital soundtrack download. Gimme a physical disk. Yeah, in terms of listening to the music, digital distribution is probably easier for most people, but I like physical stuff. Either way, I'm pre-ordering for the goodies (ps3 baby, can't wait to play online, lol). I just hope the gameplay is not changed too much. I'm not a hardcore l33t gamer, but the first one really wasn't that hard, you just had to plan a bit, couldn't attack crazy-loco kamikaze style and live. I hope they don't make it unfairly difficult and unplayable.

Thanks for posting this. Hopefully I can still preorder this on Saturday and still get it.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting the Demon's Souls CE. I LOVED Demon's Souls, and I'm a CE collector as is, so I'm just annoyed for that. :(

[quote name='croqoa']Is there a reason to get PS3 over 360 that we know of? I own both but buy cross-platformers on 360 since that is what the majority of my friends have. With that asked, I am 110% ordering this...Demon's Souls is one of my top 10 games ever.[/QUOTE]First game came out on PS3, which is why I'd lean towards the PS3 for the second game.

If the platforms end up being identical, then I'd lean towards 360, unless there's some bonus you get for importing past games from Demon's Souls into Dark Souls.

[quote name='shrike4242']First game came out on PS3, which is why I'd lean towards the PS3 for the second game.

If the platforms end up being identical, then I'd lean towards 360, unless there's some bonus you get for importing past games from Demon's Souls into Dark Souls.[/QUOTE]
Going with the PS3 version because it just feels better to me.

Besides, 360 is a shooter console so good luck finding anyone online after the first couple of weeks. Backed by all 29 people on friend list sticking exclusively to CoD 2KXX in the last few years, disgusts me.

I hope the guide is as awesome as the Demon Soul's guide. Besides Hyperdimension Neptunia, the DE version of Demon's Souls is the last game I paid MSRP for and I'll definitely pay MSRP for this game.

Even though I typically relegate my PS3 games to exclusives I will be getting Dark Souls for PS3. The controls in Demons Souls just felt right on the PS3 and I'm not sure the 360 controller would have the same feel to it.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Going with the PS3 version because it just feels better to me.

Besides, 360 is a shooter console so good luck finding anyone online after the first couple of weeks. Backed by all 29 people on friend list sticking exclusively to CoD 2KXX in the last few years, disgusts me.[/QUOTE]

So your friends disgust you? Or all 360 players disgust you? Seems like a weird thing to get disgusted by, especially since 95% of shooters come out on both platforms and two recent PS3 exclusives were both shooters.

Contents look great and it's a free upgrade? Awesome, just awesome. Nice to see Namco taking care of the game's fans just like Atlus would, too.

Paid off my preorder with some credit from trading in old textbooks.

bread's done
Back