Battle Chess coming to iOS

RAMSTORIA

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Interplay's classic Battle Chess will return in a reboot this summer for PC and iOS. Developed by Subdued Software, the PC version is expected to make moves in August, with the iOS versions for iPad and iPhone available "soon after." A company rep informs us that they only have screens of the game currently available, but will show off some character battle animations next month.

The title will be digitally distributed and feature scalable AI, multiplayer and scenario challenges. It will also have a "combat vault," allowing players to view fights from different angles. Battle Chess should not be confused with the similarly titled, injunction inducing Battle vs. Chess.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/10/battle-chess-checking-in-to-pc-ios-get-pawned-this-summer/

pretty excited about this, i loved battle chess back in the day. i actually posted on these forums years ago that i wanted battle chess to be rebooted on the DS. well this is, the next best thing. hopefully they will have online multiplayer with push notifications and game center support.

Chess is a game I've never been able to figure out. I mean the strategy, of course. The rules are simple enough. Is this game chess, or is it not really chess?

[quote name='crunchewy']Chess is a game I've never been able to figure out. I mean the strategy, of course. The rules are simple enough. Is this game chess, or is it not really chess?[/QUOTE]

its just regular chess. what made battle chess charming was the character animations and sequences. each character had specific "kill" scenes when taking a piece. it made chess cool.

Well, my 10 year old has been talking about wanting to learn chess, so maybe we could learn together with this. I'm sure he'd like the animations... as long as it isn't gory. It's not, is it? Cartoony?

Been reading a bit about the Battle Chess, think it's going to be awesome!! maybe it's a great way to bring an awesome strategic game to a younger audience.

[quote name='crunchewy']Well, my 10 year old has been talking about wanting to learn chess, so maybe we could learn together with this. I'm sure he'd like the animations... as long as it isn't gory. It's not, is it? Cartoony?[/QUOTE]

It's violent but not gory like bloody. The rook would pick up a piece and keep smashing it into the ground or the knight would stab people. There is killing but not graphic.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']It's violent but not gory like bloody. The rook would pick up a piece and keep smashing it into the ground or the knight would stab people. There is killing but not graphic.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info. I think I'm going to pick it up when it's released and then decide if it's OK for him. If not I'll just play it myself and try, finally, to figure the strategy out. :)

[quote name='G-Nitro']I loved Battle Chess as a kid, so I can't wait for this release. I'll def buy this version![/QUOTE]

Took the words out of my mouth.

bread's done
Back